Snow Report Mt Buller 2019 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Timmossy

One of Us
Nov 26, 2004
Yeah CG just texted to say that. Unfortunately I’m inside with a tummy bug :puke: - I blame the Buller crèche!
Go on get out there - In my younger days I took many a spew amongst the snow gums after I night and on the gas.

Amelia1810

One of Us
Nov 18, 2013
Melbourne
Enjoying the sunshine. Life's good.
20190914_132542.jpg

Standing in line at Grimus saw 3 sets of skis branding aussieskier stickers !! ;)

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Yeah CG just texted to say that. Unfortunately I’m inside with a tummy bug :puke: - I blame the Buller crèche!

Poor bugger! We adopted an orphaned CG and took her under our wing. Gave her few pointers around Summit Slide.

Yeah funny morning, took ages for some aspects to soften. Nobody playing around Summit black even now.

willsnow

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 19, 2017
Great day today. Had fun in Southside wherever the sun was shining on.

Cow camp has good cover on top but grass at the bottom. Won't be surprised if it's closed soon. The track on tirol t bar was half grass near the bottom

willsnow

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 19, 2017
Sunday was pretty average. Overnight warm temperature and r*** contributed to the wet and slushy snow, while dealing heavy blow to the coverage. R***ing on and off during the day with the wind howling around at the top.

Buller is also shutting down Bonza, Tirol and Northside express for the rest of the season.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

TheFake

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2008
Sunday was pretty average. Overnight warm temperature and r*** contributed to the wet and slushy snow, while dealing heavy blow to the coverage. R***ing on and off during the day with the wind howling around at the top.

Buller is also shutting down Bonza, Tirol and Northside express for the rest of the season.

Closing due to lack of coverage? Or are they just being stingy?
Burnt Hut looks properly covered to me.

How is the coverage holding up on southside? Still worth a trip up?

willsnow

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 19, 2017
Closing due to lack of coverage? Or are they just being stingy?
Burnt Hut looks properly covered to me.

How is the coverage holding up on southside? Still worth a trip up?

I went for a last hurrah at Burnt Hut before going home yesterday -- it was still well covered. The blue ungroomed runs on the side and the trees are not though. Creeks have gushed out under the chairlift.

I can understand why they shut down Tirol -- Cow camp and dam run are finished this season unless there's a major snow storm. Didn't try the village runs but I would expect the coverage there will be similar to Cow Camp.

Northside Express closing probably due to low numbers. I saw a lot of chairlifts stacked inside the car park loading station just when I was about to leave the mountain, probably a sign that the chairs are being stored. I also felt like Northside was running faster than usual on Saturday and Sunday I was there (when going home).

Southside should still be OK. LBS, Wombat, Mens' DH, Upper Fed and Yurredla were still skiing well on Sunday arvo, but yeah not sure after the r*** we had since Sunday night. I didn't do Bull Run on Sunday, but it was still in good nick on Saturday.

powderhound123

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if horse hills done for the year or will they open it up for day trippers for school hols? Also whats gonna gonna be open friday next week? Will bull run bowl make it?

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
Bonza, Tirol, Happy Feet Carpet, Gliders Carpet, and Northside Express are now closed for the remaining part of the season, and sightseers can now ride Bourke Street Express.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Standard is rated poor, other Bull Run runs rated fair.
Perhaps there is not much left for Bull Run, anyone up there?
Bottom corner of Standard is thin, almost got lost before the last snowfall so not much surprise the rain made a mess. Wood Run wasn’t a risk of closing then though, so probably not now either.

I rode a lift on Friday with Mtn Manager, they intend to keep Bull Run / Southside going as long as possible. Final week will go to skeleton staff but I think natural melt might make the Bull Run decision moot but they want to run Southside. I’m on the hill but my back went pop yesterday, I can’t ski tomorrow but will see if I can get out there on Thursday. I’m super pissed that I missed Saturday.

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
Looks like they are shutting the tows and Chamois too.
Basically now with the lifts that were open until the end of last season.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
no snow left on the trail from Standard to Chamois, it was skis off and walking on Sat, closed on Sun.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Any updates? You would be stopping for a coffee by now...

Shakey's skiing very well before 9:30.
Summit was excellent. Firm and fast.
Howqua firmer and faster and great coverage.
My favourite were bumps at top of Summit Slide. Perfect size and texture.

Checked out top of Outer Edge at 11am. Meh. Too firm to care.

Then got a call about an ill child back in Melbourne so off to Koflers for sausage and apple pie and back to Melbourne.

Home by 3pm.

**** me. 500km of driving for 15 runs. I think I must like skiing or something.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
She went in there last week, we all got gastro, then I was bending over to pick up something for the bub and my back went pop after 2 days in bed.
Bloody hell. Surely things can only get better from here? Mine had fever of 39.7... I'm just waiting for a tickle in my throat.....

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
they arent called 'plague groups' for nothing

immunity builders
I’m fine with her getting it but passing it on to her parents is just rude!

CG thought it was some sort of sick joke when my back went pop after being bedridden for 2 days, cos that morning was the height of her gastro and I couldn’t pick up our now well bub. I found a way to change the nappies though as that would have required a bucket from CG if she was forced to!

Reactions: mr
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass