Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Dave Clark

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
Mt Buller
twitter.com
Hike out of summit? No tees on koflers and howqua is still iced up..
Hike or straight-line it

Standard not far off

Not sure about confusion around Shakey. It's been a priority for years as it's the perfect pitch for low-intermediates coming off the green runs. And can easily be linked to Baldy/Bourke with minimal extra snowmaking for access trails.

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
Seems to be Lights emanating from Standard direction
Groomer or Snow making ?

buller9-6-7-2021.jpg

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
Groomer on canyon trail I reckon
Was thinking that too but based on the trail just below APIRA you can see I suspect the trail is a bit higher.
And the light is still visible tonight too which suggests its a fixed light.

soda

One of Us
Jan 23, 2003
I can't speak for last night, but groomers certainly on Standard Tuesday night. Packing and pushing though, not grooming like we know it.

Good couple of days on the hill though with Summit the best skiing. Food options limited and an hour wait for taxi the low lights.

Jun 11, 2020
On the taxi’s… might nominate myself to be a private shuttle service from car park… a good move.

Edit: Absolutely stunning day today. Mountain looks a treat and all have done a superb job to have it like it is. Nothing quite like the sight of guns going and blue skies.

Reactions: Goon_Squad
Summit is skiing nicely and will be great when they get Standard open as it will really disperse the crowds. I gather it's mostly the run out that they are trying to get good cover on so it lasts. Possibly this weekend one long term instructor told me today but they're not plannig to rush it. Certainly all guns blazing overnight but I suspect most of the snow being made on the toboggan hill ended up on my car.....

ShavedBadger

A Right Tit.
Ski Pass
Apr 30, 2018
Question for the Buller regulars, which rental outlets on the hill have lockers? Over the years I've found them invaluable at Perisher and Thredbo, being able to just front up, take your shoes off and step into your boots rather than carting all the crap from the car to the hill. And are any recommended over any of the others or are they all much of a muchness?

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Question for the Buller regulars, which rental outlets on the hill have lockers? Over the years I've found them invaluable at Perisher and Thredbo, being able to just front up, take your shoes off and step into your boots rather than carting all the crap from the car to the hill. And are any recommended over any of the others or are they all much of a muchness?
Give Black Mountain Equipment a call, pretty sure they've had them in the past.

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
Maloney's ski hire have the cheapest lockers.

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
Th
Yeah standard has been confirmed for tomorrow now. Good work Buller.

This is the biggest snowmaking week I can remember. And the snow quality has been great last few days with the cold temperatures as well. Most un-Bulleresque. Carving ahoy.
the whales are pretty epic on Baldy.

Snow guns should be on all night again for Shakey and Koflers too, saw that they were moving snow around near the Koflers T-Bar unload.

Reactions: MickM and praewarn

NeoSamurai

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 22, 2002
If I retrace my steps I can probably find it.
Buller Sports have lockers too. $12/24hrs

Dave Clark

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
Mt Buller
twitter.com
Yep day visitor car parks are at capacity. Only pre-purchased and overnight allowed in. Still day lift ticket and lesson inventory available - haven't reached capacity on the ski runs. Toboggan slopes on the other hand...

• Wow
Reactions: MickM and CarveMan

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
Yep day visitor car parks are at capacity. Only pre-purchased and overnight allowed in. Still day lift ticket and lesson inventory available - haven't reached capacity on the ski runs. Toboggan slopes on the other hand...
Seems to have been an explosion of sightseers from Melb in the last ten years. Suspect many have not pre-booked?

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
Popped into koflers. Expensive as per usual. Not super impressed that they no longer have water available (due to COVID apparently) despite the fact that they serve alcohol..

• Angry
Reactions: nezumi

JuLe

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2019
Melbourne
I think I know the answer from looking at today’s posts but I’ll ask anyway… thinking of day trip tomorrow and leaving Buller by 2-3pm… will it be absolute pandemonium getting off the mountain, or will most of the school holidays crowd have left by then?

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I think I know the answer from looking at today’s posts but I’ll ask anyway… thinking of day trip tomorrow and leaving Buller by 2-3pm… will it be absolute pandemonium getting off the mountain, or will most of the school holidays crowd have left by then?
Over the years I found the last day of school hols to be pretty reasonable crowd-wise as a lot of families that were there for squad etc have headed off to have a quiet day at home before school starts.

Plus it sounds like all the chaos is from non-skiers so if you can get through the gate and on the hill early then you will avoid them.

Reactions: FixedGrip and JuLe

JuLe

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2019
Melbourne
Over the years I found the last day of school hols to be pretty reasonable crowd-wise as a lot of families that were there for squad etc have headed off to have a quiet day at home before school starts.

Plus it sounds like all the chaos is from non-skiers so if you can get through the gate and on the hill early then you will avoid them.
Ok that’s good to know! Thanks! Might make my way up then.

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC

There wasn’t crowds at Bull Run or Summit anyways.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass