Snow Report Mt Buller 2021 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
I finally took a walk around half the village this afternoon, to record many photos of the fallen trees.

Here is the area outside my office, it is a good example of the extent of the tree damage.

1627282107668.png

I guess I'm not leaving any time soon, this is Woollybutt lane.

1627282702199.png

Bus'ted

1627282524970.png
Wow, looks like there's a fair amount of work to be done!

TheFake

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2008
I may be getting my hopes up premerturely here, but does anyone know if you can use previous years (i.e. 2019) season pass BTAG after their expiry if you purchase day passes? Or do I need to track down my old BTAG/get a fresh one?

TheFake

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2008
Pretty sure you can, it should be registered on your account, it's just a BTAG, their store will just assign whatever product you purchase to it.

Yeah that's kinda what I figured, just don't want to end up having a surprise when I get on mountain.

Thanks!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
Buller AWS Showing 65mm on precip for yesterday/overnight , is that accurate? or did some ice melt into it?

PS, looks sweet on the cams this morning

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
Don't expect so, my gauge is under a metre of snow. Something well less then 20mm would be closer to what I expect.

Reactions: MickM

Sage O

Like the herb, cup ramen devotee
Ski Pass
Sep 8, 2017
Origami Hutte/Newy
Just a quick one to say how seamlessly my refund on lift tickets came through from Buller Ops.

Emailed yesterday to say I was thinking it was extremely unlikely we'd be able to come from Regional NSW in 3 weeks time and as such was seeking a refund if posible. Email replied to within the hour, money back in my account by COB. Excellent customer service! :)

Guthega Girl

One of Us
Sep 6, 2004
Northcote / Daylesford
test 6.0 coming up.... I had to get tested last Thursday purely for piece of mind due to case of work colleague even though wasn't in direct contact.

Get on my skates and go to be able to ski tomorrow... the things we have to do

Reactions: jbprophoto

funk99

Hard Yards
Jul 25, 2019
Yes last time tests for alpine were available everywhere, just say you're going skiing so you don't need to isoate or be symptomatic.
cheers, may seem like a stupid question, but is it 72 hours from the test result or when you were tested?

Sweefu

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
May 22, 2019
Buller has to assume operations will be able to commence tomorrow and should be preparing accordingly. And yes that looks fantastic!
Any confirmation on this? I haven't seen any resorts make an announcement yet but I'll go get a test in hope of skiing tomorrow!

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Any confirmation on this? I haven't seen any resorts make an announcement yet but I'll go get a test in hope of skiing tomorrow!

UPDATED: 27 JULY 2021

Mt Buller and Mt Stirling resorts will reopen to visitors from Tuesday, 27 July at 11.59pm

An updated statement from the Victorian Premier is here detailing the easing of lockdown measures and the requirement for ALL VISITORS to alpine resorts to have a negative COVID test in the 72 hours prior to arrival.

Mt Buller Mt Stirling thanks all guests and residents for following the guidelines.

Please get your COVID test, plan and book everything online in advance and bring your mask with you! We can't wait to welcome Victoria back to the slopes.

Sweefu

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
May 22, 2019

UPDATED: 27 JULY 2021

Mt Buller and Mt Stirling resorts will reopen to visitors from Tuesday, 27 July at 11.59pm

An updated statement from the Victorian Premier is here detailing the easing of lockdown measures and the requirement for ALL VISITORS to alpine resorts to have a negative COVID test in the 72 hours prior to arrival.

Mt Buller Mt Stirling thanks all guests and residents for following the guidelines.

Please get your COVID test, plan and book everything online in advance and bring your mask with you! We can't wait to welcome Victoria back to the slopes.
:D :D :D :D

Guthega Girl

One of Us
Sep 6, 2004
Northcote / Daylesford
TESTED and counting down to 11.59 to leave my doorstep for the goodness of tomorrow hope the covid test comes quick... funny enough my 2nd in 6 days FML

Still going to have impacts on ppl wanting to ski, its def barrier for some who just can't be bothered doing it

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
TESTED and counting down to 11.59 to leave my doorstep for the goodness of tomorrow hope the covid test comes quick... funny enough my 2nd in 6 days FML

Still going to have impacts on ppl wanting to ski, its def barrier for some who just can't be bothered doing it
is the test just a normal (free) test or is the special one needed when nz bubble was a thing?

Reactions: Guthega Girl

benzerknees

Addicted
Oct 16, 2010
Last time, I had read somewhere that when entering the resort , It was suggested to the resorts that you could be given a sticker or otherwise to show you had been covid tested if you were doing multiple days from off mountain. I see if I can find...

Here it is this is from JUNE lockdown:

"If someone is travelling to multiple resorts, or up and down the mountain for example because they are
staying off-mountain (but not returning to their home in Melbourne), they do not need to get tested again.
Alpine resorts may consider putting a sticker on the person’s car once they have shown evidence of a
negative test result to avoid checking multiple times. "

wolly

One of Us
May 29, 2002
near the snow
Last time, I had read somewhere that when entering the resort , It was suggested to the resorts that you could be given a sticker or otherwise to show you had been covid tested if you were doing multiple days from off mountain. I see if I can find...

Here it is this is from JUNE lockdown:

"If someone is travelling to multiple resorts, or up and down the mountain for example because they are
staying off-mountain (but not returning to their home in Melbourne), they do not need to get tested again.
Alpine resorts may consider putting a sticker on the person’s car once they have shown evidence of a
negative test result to avoid checking multiple times. "
But that person could easily go back to Melbourne in the mean time.

Blitzen

Hard Yards
Jul 26, 2013
Can anyone give a definitive line on booking accomm in alpine resorts? Is it one household only per booking as per state rules or is there an exception because of negative test requirements?

Reactions: Gandalf

Guthega Girl

One of Us
Sep 6, 2004
Northcote / Daylesford
I gather from what the government says you can only stay together in accom as in lodge / air B and B etc if that accom is with your household. So if they aren’t in your household you can’t stay with them

Blitzen

Hard Yards
Jul 26, 2013
I’m not following the rationale for testing visitors if you can only stay with your family anyway. If you have a number of guests staying in one apartment and they’ve all tested negative, what difference does it make if they’re from different households?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass