One of Us
- Nov 26, 2004
Not everyone who travels to the snow, stays there. Snowfields is a high risk environment, if you are going to open it you better be as sure as you can be you are not introducing a bug.I’m not following the rationale for testing visitors if you can only stay with your family anyway.
What is your situation? Dorm style lodge? Have had a few chats to people around the mountain this afternoon, and haven’t come across lodges with many concerns/cancellations.It’s seems insane, especially inside a testing bubble.
Situation is an apartment booking with people from multiple households.What is your situation? Dorm style lodge? Have had a few chats to people around the mountain this afternoon, and haven’t come across lodges with many concerns/cancellations.
I guess today’s announcements are what most of us already had plans around. The 4sqm signs are coming back out!!
I'm heading up Friday as well - will avoid Snow Pony from 10:15 till 3I’m in snow pony from 10:15 till 3.
Same timing for Hooha though switch am and pm
At what sort of wind speeds do the lifts go on wind hold?
At the moment BOM is showing some strong winds forecast.
My Covid test is done - and now deciding BTW hitting the hill either Thursday or Friday. Also worried about visibility on Thursday. As a day tripper, a considerable investment only to find lifts on wind hold and poor vis!
So agree I booked early season trips thinking anything can happen and as we can’t get out this dec - March o/s we have to take what we can get as it’s the best we can doIn the current state of affairs, go when you can not when snow/weather is good. Why? Because procrastination might mean you won't go at all. 1 unlinked case popped up today. Take it or leave it...
Yup! As soon as I saw lockdown coming I booked and went. They formally announced lockdown as I was driving up....just do it.Totoq
So agree I booked early season trips thinking anything can happen and as we can’t get out this dec - March o/s we have to take what we can get as it’s the best we can do
Mt. William, Grampians, is at ~ 1.8C, down a tad from 3C+. A few hours ago.I'm going up tomorrow (it'll be my only chance for the next couple of weeks). Fingers crossed the forecast doesn't get any worse.
Testing is only to thin out the number of people going.I’m not following the rationale for testing visitors if you can only stay with your family anyway. If you have a number of guests staying in one apartment and they’ve all tested negative, what difference does it make if they’re from different households?
I am quietly not confident.My result still pending though only tested at 11:00am today.
I feel quietly confident I'll be ok
Best of luck and hope yours comes back quicklyI am quietly not confident.
I went in to Mansfield to get a test yesterday with many paniced others from the local area. The hospital to it's credit extended their usual part time testing regime. We got told 24 - 48 hrs is usual country time to get a result.
If it takes 48 hrs , I might get to ski Thurs arvo and Friday, before needing another valid test. (hopefully it comes before tomorrow morning) So I really should be getting another test today, if I wanted to ski on the weekend.
Judging by the amount of traffic going past to Buller atm, I think Melbourne folks have their results already from yesterday.
I'm thinking it is going to be quicker to travel back and forth to Melbourne to be tested, which sort of defeats the purpose a bit.
Unless they change the rules to say a test is valid 7 days, like they have for staff, I think it will be close to impossible for people doing more than 2 or 3 days off mountain, unless Buller ramps up some on mountain testing.
For me test 9am, result 10pm.... That's very impressiveLooks like testing in Melbourne is super fast atm. Do feel for people in regional Vic who have to be tested - look at the bright side and it’s not a consolation atm but at least you got to ski most of last season compared to us Melbournians. I got tested 4pm yesterday and got the results. 9:30am today. Skiing Friday. Stay safe everyone.
Who is they?For those who went up yesterday and are up there today, are they doing any checks other than negative covid checks such as if you live together etc?