Snow Report Mt Buller 2021 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Just want to shout out to Sue who has an airbnb property titled ALTO 305 - Perfect position! See link below.

We were to travel there from NSW as a family in September, but given how unlikely this looks due to Covid, we contacted Sue & she provided a full refund to us.

Its a difficult year for everyone in the accom industry, and folk like Sue make it that little bit easier.

Truly hope she is booked out back to back for the rest of the season

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
A shot of Stirling this arvo two ways:
4F6EA54F-5618-40BA-93B9-DEBA5F727CEF.jpeg

DE565082-FC4E-4E8D-948B-0EE687F0ABA7.jpeg

Ice Bear

First Runs
Jun 8, 2021
Heading up on Northside this morning with B1 and B2.

Had a fantastic 2 days, the boys think it's our best weekend at Buller yet.

Had a blast on Cattleman yesterday and Backed it up on Wood Run today.

Will need to go back to work to recover.

Buller has so much to offer as our skill level grows it opens up more and more to explore.

20210801_094141.jpg

hongomania

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
Heading up on Northside this morning with B1 and B2.

Had a fantastic 2 days, the boys think it's our best weekend at Buller yet.

Had a blast on Cattleman yesterday and Backed it up on Wood Run today.

Will need to go back to work to recover.

Buller has so much to offer as our skill level grows it opens up more and more to explore.

20210801_094141.jpg
What a hero line

Reactions: CarveMan
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

bugeater

One of Us
Sep 20, 2017
Lovely sunny weather up here, but damn I’m rusty. Forgot how painful my ski boots can be. Must be getting soft. Switched to the board halfway through and even those boots don’t feel great. Much harder to strap in while standing now thanks to my COVID gut. Maybe my feet got fatter too?
A2047B2E-5A56-41D9-8FF5-4CF88A13B7F6.jpegCD4F1F5B-8201-4358-8195-225175DF02FD.jpeg

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Really loving all the photos. I haven't been to Buller since 2011 and I really miss the place. Hopefully there is still a decent cover on August 15!

AuroraAustralis

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jul 2, 2014
So much for the day trip, website not letting me book resort entry (full already?) and no one in the office answering the phone.

Dave Clark

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 20, 2005
Mt Buller
twitter.com
So maybe… we didn’t heed advice and book early…

@Dave Clark Any ideas if all private lessons availability in Aug is listed online? Or still working through staff availabilities?
Due to the quirks of our sales platform you should buy private lessons on the "Estore" (same platform as purchasing Season Memberships. They are available on there now.

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Good fun out there this morning. Worked all night so I could ski in the morning and got rewarded with about 10cm on the ground. Nice snow, drifted deeper in places. Some fun lines to be had, even with a little one in tow. Snowed pretty solidly in the morning and then on and off through the afternoon. Still snowing now but the snow sliding off our roof tells me it's getting a bit warm.
IMG_20210804_094739.jpg

rime noreason

One of Us
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
Question regarding Covid testing. I’m interested to know if any forum members have stayed off-mountain for more than 2 or 3 days and been retested, and if so, what was the wait time, and how long to get results when testing in Mansfield?

I have a 6-day trip planned mid August, however, due to re-testing requirement, I’m concerned I might only get 2, perhaps even only 1 day of skiing from the original 5.
Seems the testing requirement is viable for weekend trips but not so much for a longer midweek stay.

I’ve booked to stay in Mansfield (self-contained apartment, on my own, skiing on my own, and have been fully vaxed).

A test in Melbourne beforehand on Saturday is no worry, drive to Mansfield Sunday, ski on Monday, but would then need to spend Tuesday getting tested, which doesn’t open until 9.30am. Then spend the next day or two looking at my ski gear hanging in the cupboard while I wait for the results, and hope to have them back to ski by Friday (but maybe not even then?).

Im worried the practicalities of re- testing and waiting for results make the trip unviable. I have to cancel by this weekend for a refund, which after waiting 2 years for a slide would be hugely disappointing :emoji_cry:

wolly

One of Us
May 29, 2002
near the snow
Question regarding Covid testing. I’m interested to know if any forum members have stayed off-mountain for more than 2 or 3 days and been retested, and if so, what was the wait time, and how long to get results when testing in Mansfield?

I have a 6-day trip planned mid August, however, due to re-testing requirement, I’m concerned I might only get 2, perhaps even only 1 day of skiing from the original 5.
Seems the testing requirement is viable for weekend trips but not so much for a longer midweek stay.

I’ve booked to stay in Mansfield (self-contained apartment, on my own, skiing on my own, and have been fully vaxed).

A test in Melbourne beforehand on Saturday is no worry, drive to Mansfield Sunday, ski on Monday, but would then need to spend Tuesday getting tested, which doesn’t open until 9.30am. Then spend the next day or two looking at my ski gear hanging in the cupboard while I wait for the results, and hope to have them back to ski by Friday (but maybe not even then?).

Im worried the practicalities of re- testing and waiting for results make the trip unviable. I have to cancel by this weekend for a refund, which after waiting 2 years for a slide would be hugely disappointing :emoji_cry:
Test Saturday.. results sun . Maybe Monday. Lasts 3 days. Ski Monday. And Tues.Test Tuesday arvo.. Result late wed. Thurs.. lasts 72 hours.

Mountain goat

Hard Yards
Jun 6, 2001
Melbourne

They are testing on the mountain. Not sure if it is for anyone or just staff. If you can get it done there you should be able to ski every day. Would be worth giving them a call.

Reactions: rime noreason

AuroraAustralis

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jul 2, 2014
Went up yesterday and got a few runs in after a late start. Snow good, visibility terrible, had one run down Grimus and couldn't tell up from down. Much better in the trees, some nice stashes on powder keg and outer edge. Bull run and Fed hard work, snow was heavy.
Resort making 2WDs fit chains at the 7.5km sign - why?!? The road was clear all the way to the carpark. Madness, there was zero sense in this - after a few flurries during the day, the road was still clear in the afternoon.

Reactions: dodgydamo

TheFake

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2008
Went up yesterday and got a few runs in after a late start. Snow good, visibility terrible, had one run down Grimus and couldn't tell up from down. Much better in the trees, some nice stashes on powder keg and outer edge. Bull run and Fed hard work, snow was heavy.
Resort making 2WDs fit chains at the 7.5km sign - why?!? The road was clear all the way to the carpark. Madness, there was zero sense in this - after a few flurries during the day, the road was still clear in the afternoon.

The road definitely wasn't clear at 8:30ish. Was dumping snow down to bridge corner and there were more than a few cars running out of talent/traction. I'm guessing with the staffing problems they aren't scouting the road as regularly as they normally would?

Whatever really

Addicted
Sep 21, 2017
Off for a test today with plans to escape the city tomorrow,
Lockdown 6.0 looks imminent.
How was today?
Tomorrow looks good but weekend may be a little damp snow from time to time.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Off for a test today with plans to escape the city tomorrow,
Lockdown 6.0 looks imminent.
How was today?
Tomorrow looks good but weekend may be a little damp snow from time to time.
If I could I'd go tonight but stars didn't line up...I reckon ability for us to leave Melbourne tomorrow will be touch and go....

dodgydamo

Hard Yards
Sep 18, 2017
If I could I'd go tonight but stars didn't line up...I reckon ability for us to leave Melbourne tomorrow will be touch and go....
I am planning day trip from Melbs tomorrow but agree we’ll need to keep fingers crossed Snow reports please to keep spirits up?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass