Snow Report Mt Buller 2021 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
tree down at Mirimbah, taken the power out on mountain around 4:30AM. You can drive around the Mirimbah store to bypass the fallen tree.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Power still out but Telstra mobile data restored, saw a temp generator outside the exchange. Unusual for that to have gone out with the power, regular generator must have had issues.

Was pretty novel to be completely out of comms until 1:30 - CG said Telstra was working g at about 7am and then died, so we couldn’t even tell people that we would be missing meetings etc. Oops.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
came back on at 14:40 odd.

Telstra should have addressed their back up power issue after the same happened when we had the bush fires and lost power for about 24hours :( The batteries don't last very long and a generator should kick in before they die.

Reactions: ski2much

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
came back on at 14:40 odd.

Telstra should have addressed their back up power issue after the same happened when we had the bush fires and lost power for about 24hours :( The batteries don't last very long and a generator should kick in before they die.
I saw a Lovick Electrics ute and a portable genny at the exchange when I went to get a pizza from Abom at about 1pm, Telstra came back online about then, shame Optus has no backup power at all cos my corner of the hill has awful Telstra reception but amazing Optus.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
By law land lines used to have to have backup power, so Telstra always had it. Optus and other new comers will only do it if is is made law I'd expect. That might happen at some point, being how important phones and internet are in emergency's. Someone else can have that fight, I have too much on my plate already.:out:

Reactions: CarveMan
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BullerBoyz

Hard Yards
Oct 2, 2007
At it again, nice grooming. Season over perhaps :rolleyes:

Bourke St.JPG

Reactions: snowgum

LiveToSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 10, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
Someone else had heard the story about an Xmas event too. It’s the most plausible explanation.

There was also chatter least Easter that the slushie machine should be fired up for some ‘bogganning.
Maybe trying to hold it to Cup weekend if/when Melb's 25km limit lifted?? Christmas at the cup.

• Love
Reactions: snowgum

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Someone else had heard the story about an Xmas event too. It’s the most plausible explanation.

There was also chatter least Easter that the slushie machine should be fired up for some ‘bogganning.
I thought ‘boganing’ lasted 365? :cool:

Darksidepoints

Hard Yards
Apr 21, 2009
Winter
I got the email. This is the link (if it works)
Unbelievable, not a peep from Buller regarding refunds and I have to get the link from someone here, and there's a time limit on it? They've got plenty of time to put ads on facebook for next years season pass yet no time to communicate with already paying customers? Yes I have checked my account and I have not opted out of receiving email communication. Pretty disappointing. Asked for the money back, not sure if I will buy the new one.

LiveToSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 10, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
Unbelievable, not a peep from Buller regarding refunds and I have to get the link from someone here, and there's a time limit on it? They've got plenty of time to put ads on facebook for next years season pass yet no time to communicate with already paying customers? Yes I have checked my account and I have not opted out of receiving email communication. Pretty disappointing. Asked for the money back, not sure if I will buy the new one.
I found mine in my junk mail. I get all other mail from them in the inbox but this one was in junk. Dont know why.

Jarryboy

One of Us
Jun 4, 2019
I found mine in my junk mail. I get all other mail from them in the inbox but this one was in junk. Dont know why.
My brother told me. I got no emails and no mention in my Buller account. So shit u can’t even get a link to the refund in ur Buller account.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
same here, I found out on this forum...

My wife and I used the Bourke lift to go up only to a Chamber meeting at the BOQ building (old BB2 bottom station) and that counted as one day, so that makes for > $160.00 to attend a meeting as volunteers.

We both volunteer more then anyone I know (at Buller) for zero money, and this is how you are valued.

Our good will is coming to an end.

Last edited:

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Got the email ok.

Process was super easy. Simple form, email confirm of Snowdough credit a couple of hours later, bought '22 SP, sorted.

The weekend after QBWE, we swiped ours at the Bourke St load while out for a walk just to test they were functioning - that counted. Expensive lattes that morning...

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass