Snow Report Mt Buller 2021 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Jarryboy

One of Us
Jun 4, 2019
Hey quick question, with all the hype around this blizzard coming. When was the last time Buller had multiple chairlifts running on opening weekend?

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Hey quick question, with all the hype around this blizzard coming. When was the last time Buller had multiple chairlifts running on opening weekend?

From memory, Buller had Bourke Street, (Holden & BB1) and Wombats running in 2015. Tickets were a bargain $40 (hint Dave? ;) ) Bourke street was good, Baldy ordinary and LBS not bad- quite good for QB WE!:cool:

Reactions: Dave Clark

Jarryboy

One of Us
Jun 4, 2019
From memory, Buller had Bourke Street, (Holden & BB1) and Wombats running in 2015. Tickets were a bargain $40 (hint Dave? ;) ) Bourke street was good, Baldy ordinary and LBS not bad- quite good for QB WE!:cool:
Wow, that far back. And no Shakey knees?

Jarryboy

One of Us
Jun 4, 2019
So with the new and improved snowmaking on standard, in a perfect storm Buller would add Bull Run chair, Wombat and Fox to the usual list

Reactions: snowgum

Gototakahashi

Addicted
Sep 26, 2017
I hope buller staff check everyone’s ID on QBW.

Those Melbourne people should be made to wear ARMBANDS with ID NUMBERS.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
I expect regional Police will be rather active across the weekend - good luck running that gauntlet without a solid reason.

Reactions: wolly

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
The entry has had number plate scanning for a number of years. Just need the disintegrating gun attachment added.

PS what is with the massive sized emoticons ?

:emoji_camera_with_flash:

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
My CCs are ready.

Much ground to make up with regard to certain Austrian dishes, pasta and bumpy apricot arrangements, to name just a few.

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
Authorised providers and workers are Authorised.

I am and been working since Friday all across Melb, not seen any Pol on the road.

And if that's the case in Melb metro they are going to be doing jack shit out of town to weed out a few bods among the many from regional areas who can travel, that's why they are trying to guilt business owners into doing their job for them.
But Id say to business owners, dont forget who did this to you and the losses you have suffered, you owe them nothing let alone suffering more loss.

There are many valid reasons in the long Authorised providers and workers list that anyone with a business could use to go to Buller this weekend.
So long as you are wearing High Vis, no-ones gunna check shit.

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia

I am and been working since Friday all across Melb, not seen any Pol on the road.

And if that's the case in Melb metro they are going to be doing jack shit out of town to weed out a few bods among the many from regional areas who can travel, that's why they are trying to guilt business owners into doing their job for them.
But Id say to business owners, dont forget who did this to you and the losses you have suffered, you owe them nothing let alone suffering more loss.

There are many valid reasons in the long Authorised providers and workers list that anyone with a business could use to go to Buller this weekend.
I'd have thought restrictions will be lifted by Friday so is this discussion hypothetical?

LiveToSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 10, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
I'd have thought restrictions will be lifted by Friday so is this discussion hypothetical?
Bozo said categorically in his press conference the other day that no matter if the lock down is lifted, Melbournians will not be allowed to go to the regions over the QBW. (I know its quoted in forums.ski.com.au somewhere)

*Bozo = acting premier of Victoria - his name escapes me...

Reactions: Guthega Girl

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Bozo said categorically in his press conference the other day that no matter if the lock down is lifted, Melbournians will not be allowed to go to the regions over the QBW. (I know its quoted in forums.ski.com.au somewhere)

What address do you have Id for?

LiveToSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 10, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
What address do you have Id for?
My licence says city, my wifes says outer metro (but inside ring of steal), but its mums that I am wondering about. I dont think she would get past just by wearing Fluro (as suggested above!). She has spent 3-4 months every year for the past however many up there. Would a rates notice in ones name be ok???

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
My licence says city, my wifes says outer metro (but inside ring of steal), but its mums that I am wondering about. I dont think she would get past just by wearing Fluro (as suggested above!). She has spent 3-4 months every year for the past however many up there. Would a rates notice in ones name be ok???
I thought I saw somewhere that rates notice or similar was ok but can’t confirm

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia

yikes that just reeks of bias up front. If they lift restrictions then and if they are following the science ( which they do selectively) then how on earth can they say that 2 weeks in advance. Trades Hall are being consulted ( like a governments personal fortune teller) on everything , Bozo is being very polite.

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia

its toughest on business owners who are being "urged" to check id. We have been out of lockdown for a while now but im being asked by poor old owners of businesses for proof of id. They are the ones doing the police's job for them and copping all sorts of shit in the meantime.

Gototakahashi

Addicted
Sep 26, 2017
Looks like it’s coming down heavily.

We just need the temps to do their part and stay down!

836B0232-AB56-4CE5-86E2-0C7E99AE5B77.jpeg

ShavedBadger

Consumer of Eggs
Ski Pass
Apr 30, 2018
Quick question for Buller folk - Bourke St looks to be about halfway between Friday Flat and Front Valley in terms of steepness, would that be a fair assessment? I only ask as it will be my youngest's second proper week on skis this year, and our first trip to Buller.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Quick question for Buller folk - Bourke St looks to be about halfway between Friday Flat and Front Valley in terms of steepness, would that be a fair assessment? I only ask as it will be my youngest's second proper week on skis this year, and our first trip to Buller.
Yeah it's not dead flat, you need to be making snowplough turns across the fall line with good weight on the outside ski to get down, there is a magic carpet in the near LHS of the Bourke St cam view to work on those skills.

Reactions: ShavedBadger

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA

[MOD NOTE]

I realise that the above conversations are relevant to your upcoming Mt Buller travel (or desire to do so), but please remember this is the Buller Trip Report & Pics thread, not a political discussion thread. There are numerous other threads in COVID sub forum for political and restrictions discussions

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Bourke st is a genuine Green run. Some of the bits higher up (Baldy) are almost dead flat.
Rest of it is genuine green

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Where can we find out what lifts will be open? Buller website news hasn't been updated since 4 June.

Might like to make the most of a pow day with no Melburnians if there will be a small handful of lifts running :evil:

Won't be worth our effort or lift ticket just for Bourke St.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Where can we find out what lifts will be open? Buller website news hasn't been updated since 4 June.

Might like to make the most of a pow day with no Melburnians if there will be a small handful of lifts running :evil:

Won't be worth our effort or lift ticket just for Bourke St.
Not sure how Buller could even know that now, given the prospect of significant rain in the next couple of days.

Reactions: MickM

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Drove up from Torquay this afternoon. Absolutely hosed it down all the way from about Werribee to Mount Buller village. Snow on the ground down to Dump Inn but the stuff coming down was most definitely not white by then! Our thermometer is saying 3 degrees outside and it's kind of windy up here...

• Sad
Reactions: nezumi and CarveMan

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
Damage doesn't look too bad, clear trees but white ground. Net positive still on the cards.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass