Snow Report Mt Buller 2022 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Tree down . Landslide on the Buller Rd at Whites Bridge. Lunchtime Friday. Take care

We're gonna need a bigger retaining wall...

1656055924776.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Just for those who are wondering about Optus during a busy time, I’d say it’s working well:

A31CE640-74A7-428B-865A-A53AB75F93EC.jpeg

The tests with the LTE icon are Optus, Wifi icon is with Starlink, did a couple last night and a couple this morning.

I am in a Telstra black hole so not worth testing but my brother said it’s rubbish at his place that has good reception.

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Absolutely vile weather. It flirted with snow for about 20 seconds at one point and then back to rain. Straight down Shakey, into Tirol, B&E and coffee, went home. Utterly soaked.

This is the stuff that builds character in the kids out there in their squads. And their instructors!

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
Seems like my body picked the right time to get a cold I guess.

Forecast this week looks hopeful for some sunny action (and snow maker action).

Magic happens in the Kofflers donut deep fryer…IF that deep fryer goes on sale, the price will fetch more than the #1 Blue Bullet chair.
LOL
Or the one under the stairs in the village square, basically a mint.

LiveToSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 10, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
Just for those who are wondering about Optus during a busy time, I’d say it’s working well:

A31CE640-74A7-428B-865A-A53AB75F93EC.jpeg

The tests with the LTE icon are Optus, Wifi icon is with Starlink, did a couple last night and a couple this morning.

I am in a Telstra black hole so not worth testing but my brother said it’s rubbish at his place that has good reception.
Telstra rubbish last night. Was watching the Tigers/cats game and by the time I got to the end of the third quarter I thought I would just 'catch up' and miss the break - and the game was over! So the bufferring over 3 quarters put us 45 minutes behind. :(

Weather RUBBISH today.
It did threaten to snow for about 1 minute but alas no... Watching people wring their gloves out at the top of wombat at 9:50 is a fair sign it was pissing down.
It is not often I dont enjoy it, but it even got too s*** for us. Might head home via a winery and do a little tasting! :)

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Did Standard, LBS and Men's downhill...LBS a winner for me. Not sure how long they are going to keep the charade going at the bottom of LBS...very very thin. Otherwise good skiing... You indoor bunnies missed out.

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Few dirt/grass patches showing on the cams now, how much damage as the rain done to the cover?
Bottom of Cow Camp basically grass, as is Cattlemans from Dam Run to the tbar. Bottom of LBS has big holes in it, big grass patches on the usual corner of standard. Shakey had a big skidmark down the middle this morning but otherwise looked okay. Suspect all major lifts can stay open if they can do some snowmaking this week but lower Tirol no chance without fresh snow. God forbid they should need to bring the canvas tarpaulin out at the bottom of LBS again LOL

Still amazing for first week of school holidays.

Reactions: Froff Life

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
Bottom of Cow Camp basically grass, as is Cattlemans from Dam Run to the tbar. Bottom of LBS has big holes in it, big grass patches on the usual corner of standard. Shakey had a big skidmark down the middle this morning but otherwise looked okay. Suspect all major lifts can stay open if they can do some snowmaking this week but lower Tirol no chance without fresh snow.
It's been a mild, damp few weeks since the opening dump. Come back winter.

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
It's been a mild, damp few weeks since the opening dump. Come back winter.
Honestly, the weather has been dreadful. But it's white underfoot so I find it hard to complain too much. But it's not actually been that warm, really just the wrong side of zero rather than 5, 6, 7 degrees or anything. But that's the nature of the Australian Alpine isn't it, absolutely amazing to have but ultimately marginal for snow much of the time. Just ski it while it's there!

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Some real cold temps this week should get the snowmaking pumping out to repair damage at least on the groomers.
I didn't look at the old dam, hopefully it's full? The new dam is basically empty (or was a couple of days ago). Just hoping we have enough water to play with for the snowmaking.

• Sad
Reactions: MickM

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
just turned from hail to snow outside, as the last day carpark bus left.

Buller has full access to water from July 1 (the 4 month window), but we have plenty on hand right now to use before Friday. Expect every gun possible will be running as soon as the weather permits.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Conga with all the trimmings tonight - rarely ventured north of 80 between Merrijig and Yarck-ish.

Watch out for the pothole on the left as you hook left in Yea - it could swallow a small car. Also - the big patch of potholes just as you enter Glenburn are next level and resemble an elaborate golf course bunkering setup. Not good.

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Conga with all the trimmings tonight - rarely ventured north of 80 between Merrijig and Yarck-ish.

Watch out for the pothole on the left as you hook left in Yea - it could swallow a small car. Also - the big patch of potholes just as you enter Glenburn are next level and resemble an elaborate golf course bunkering setup. Not good.
Man I'm glad I left at 12:30, lunch at Produce store and a clean run all the way back to... nearly Yarra Glen. Those potholes are seriously next level. I haven't seen so many on that road ever.

• Sad
Reactions: snowgum
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass