Snow Report Mt Buller 2022 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

bullerom

First Runs
Aug 3, 2022
Crazy skies and crazy winds today. Pretty much everything but Bourke St and Lydia's on wind hold now. There's no filter in this photo, that's what the clouds looked like to the naked eye.
Awesome

Crazy skies and crazy winds today. Pretty much everything but Bourke St and Lydia's on wind hold now. There's no filter in this photo, that's what the clouds looked like to the naked eye.
20220731_085731.jpg
Great photo! Would we be able to use in the Mt Buller Mt Stirling Resort Management 2022 Annual Report?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Wow, this seems like a massive bullet dodged at the moment given the forecasts. Looking at Tirol that really isn't a huge amount different to before the rain arrived. If we get a decent drop of snow over the next few days we could see a decent net gain overall. It's a big 'if' mind you, and also assumes what comes actually falls as snow tomorrow - not a given!

1659594772149.png

FixedGrip

Pie QC
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Yes it could have been much, much worse.

Fairly heavy brief shower late morning, but otherwise dry. Corn Hill bathed in sunlight as I type.

Reactions: MickM
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
a few bands of hail have gone through in the last couple of hours, temps in the village still sitting around 3° currently.

Reactions: MickM

benzerknees

Addicted
Oct 16, 2010
Bit confused looking at the trail map vs open runs on the website:
I always thought Ridge Run was actually called McLaughlin's Shoulder, back in the day.
See below: Ridge Run is closed, McLaughlin's Shoulder is open and good skiing but nowhere to be found on the trail map.
grimus2.png
Grimus.png

Reactions: CarveMan

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Bit confused looking at the trail map vs open runs on the website:
I always thought Ridge Run was actually called McLaughlin's Shoulder, back in the day.
See below: Ridge Run is closed, McLaughlin's Shoulder is open and good skiing but nowhere to be found on the trail map.
grimus2.png
Grimus.png
Ridge Run is a marketing name. Nobody calls it that. It's 100% McLaughlins.

dkasper

Addicted
Jul 13, 2007
Truly disgusting out there today....

An alternative take with the same photos. It was great! Wasn't going to venture out, but needed to buy the little one a toothbrush (forgot to pack). Soft everywhere, did dozen laps of summit slide with no rain, no wind, no people. (Lifty said no more than 10 other people doing loops at that time, I shuddered to think of fuel/person so did a few more to improve the ratio). And... then bailed and sadly watched the rain come in. :( Usual case of a hill 350m too short.

lt2LHQd.jpg

Natural features really help with learning to ski again... don't turn..... and you're all dirty.

1OSXMMe.jpg

Interesting (sad?) that there has been progressively less snow each trip since June.

HhZcPbz.jpg

Happy laps. Fingers crossed for cold blowing in next week.

trappers

Safety not guaranteed
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 1999
An airport
www.owithalinethroughit.com
Truly disgusting out there today. This system sure had a drizzly sting in the tail after we escaped so lightly the last few days. Basically rained relentlessly with an occasional iceball. Will need a solid Saturday to get a net gain now. Some big holes opening up.
20220805_131857.jpg

20220805_091107.jpg
Yep worst days skiing I’ve had in 16 years… BUT I also would not have ordinarily gone out on a day like today but I did for my kids and beginner… so it is not really a fair comment.

Slushy wet, face attacking sago (aka sandpaper wind).

And then after leaving my helmet to dry at Kofflers … someone took it!! Ffs my good goggles and helmet gone :mad:

But kids had fun on their first day!! Really really happy about that. As I said if they could survive today, they will survive any day!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using