Snow Report Mt Buller 2022 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Yup, soft and rain affected today, started raining about 3pm yesterday and rained on and off all day today. I opted to take my daughter skinning today since the off piste has finally softened and we thought it might be a bit of fun and something different. Visibility was a lot better today too, especially low down. Not gonna deny we used Bull Run a couple of times in amongst the skinning though LOL

Reactions: Rick Ross Da Boss

Rick Ross Da Boss

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 19, 2017
Yup, soft and rain affected today, started raining about 3pm yesterday and rained on and off all day today. I opted to take my daughter skinning today since the off piste has finally softened and we thought it might be a bit of fun and something different. Visibility was a lot better today too, especially low down. Not gonna deny we used Bull Run a couple of times in amongst the skinning though LOL
Where does one skin to at Buller? Stirling?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Apiraclubby

One of Us
Jul 14, 2015
Where does one skin to
We just skinned around the resort to allow us to ski a few runs that aren't served by lifts right now. Some great runs with amazing cover for this time of year, even if the snow was a bit soft and wet at times.
Be careful of this RickRoss bloke guys, he’s a Falls Creek native, only strays from his own kind for 2 reasons:
No freshies left on the K or whisky club have just delivered the monthly drop.

Ice Bear

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2021
Looking at the sun cracking through on the webcams, grooming looks good...
Tomorrow should be great so heading up with the boys...

Wondering if the North Side will be running, anyone heard any rumours???

Medicine_Shoes

One of Us
Dec 9, 2018
Is the reason there are so many lifts not running purely down to lack of staff?
Yes no staff yet. I was up this week and spoke to someone at Info and they said they didn't have more staff booked in to come up until July, so they are scrambling to get volunteers atm.

loppa24

First Runs
May 31, 2022
Yes no staff yet. I was up this week and spoke to someone at Info and they said they didn't have more staff booked in to come up until July, so they are scrambling to get volunteers atm.
:confused: Dang. Hope they can get some more spinning for next weekend

Ice Bear

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2021
Yes, North Side will be running.
Fantastic, thanks for the info, looking forward to the weekend...

I can understand the frustration not having all the lifts running but compared to a normal year we have so much snow...
Great problem to have....

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
Somebody standing from the top of McLaughlan’s Shoulder today:
C894BA02-A7EC-4E04-B37F-899119E75E84.jpeg

Apiraclubby

One of Us
Jul 14, 2015
Can someone tell Buller to turn that f-ing slushy machine off over at the toboggan slope and load a few trucks next to Apira. There’s enough snow between the lodges to last til October. Talk about lighting cash on fire.

Reactions: travelislife
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
Much better run this evening, taxi waiting for me at the car park, pretty quiet night apparently.
Lodge manager reckons they aren’t letting anyone in tomorrow without pre booked gate entry as they’re already full

Dan29

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2016
Do we reckon there’s any chance of Northside staying open after the weekend rush? Not having to do the bus makes a weekday day trip all the more appealing…

Reactions: dodgydamo

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
It's hard to believe how good it is so early in the season...and there's so few people. With the sunny weather and softening snow the place has mid-week September vibes. Crazy.

Reactions: tiggyinmelbs

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
Much better run this evening, taxi waiting for me at the car park, pretty quiet night apparently.
Lodge manager reckons they aren’t letting anyone in tomorrow without pre booked gate entry as they’re already full

I checked this today, no such problem, there are plenty of car park spaces. What lodge manager did you speak to ?

Reactions: MickM

Apiraclubby

One of Us
Jul 14, 2015
Those dam borders should be made to share a tbar
Normally I’m all about the share a tbar deal, skiers/ boarders whatever. Todays queue never got more than 10 deep so nobody was sharing and everyone was smiling.

Reactions: TOFF

travelislife

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 9, 2008
Melbourne
Bit of FOMO today hearing how quiet it was in the blue bird conditions! Probably a heap of people booked in for school holidays, so have held off this weekend. And maybe a few scared off from last weekend?

Reactions: CarveMan

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
is this southside? havent skiied buller since 2010 i think. great pitch and some nice tighter turns back down to the chair. snow looks ideal for charging
Ha! Another mate of mine thought it was southside as well. The picture is taken from McLaughlin Shoulder (Ridge Run on the map). Without Grimus running it's a long time between laps but it's all so worth it. The combination of pitch, smoothness and deepness makes it one of my favorites at Buller.

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
Ha! Another mate of mine thought it was southside as well. The picture is taken from McLaughlin Shoulder (Ridge Run on the map). Without Grimus running it's a long time between laps but it's all so worth it. The combination of pitch, smoothness and deepness makes it one of my favorites at Buller.
Perfect, my fave run on a bluebird day. Southside for the win when it's snowing and low vis.

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
Grimus area on a sunny morning can’t be beat… when’s it going to start turning @Dave Clark ?
Seriously, it's not running? Did you walk out via Boggy Creek?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass