Mt buller Job Offer

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Kayden, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Kayden

Kayden Hard Yards

I went to an interview for Kitchen hand at Mt Buller a few weeks ago on the 20th march. Pretty confident I aced it as the interviewer unofficially offered me the job. Anyway I am still waiting for some sort of correspondence.

Anyone else here done interview for Mt Buller or knows how long they normally take to get back with an official response ??

Feels like the longest wait of my life.

2. cold wombat

cold wombat Twitter Contributer
    Social Media Mod Ski Pass: Gold

Don't wait. Follow up.

Chaeron likes this.
  3. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire
    Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

^^ agree

4. Kayden

Kayden Hard Yards

I sent them an email about a week ago now. Still haven't heard anything yet. Not sure to let it go or if there is still some hope left, its been almost 4 weeks since the interview. I assume that they would inform me even if I have been unsuccessful??

5. cold wombat

Get on the blower.

wolly likes this.
  6. Richard

Richard Maintenance Dept
    Administrator

No.

HR systems at resorts are not that tight, not this time of year. A zillion things to do and not a full compliment of full time returning staff yet to handle it all.

Pester the bejezeaus out of your contact. Use the phone.

Chances are they are not quite ready to inform the accepted candidates, let alone inform the unsuccessful.

7. cold wombat

Even if you've just missed out on the job, the upside of doing this is if they can't get hold of their first choice, you're top of their mental list of available resources to call on. That's a win.

8. Camm

Camm First Runs

The missus and I have both had online interviews and had a bare minimum acceptance form mid-late March.
    However, we are both still waiting for any further information and details. Hoping on something soon as we are heading across from WA!

We have had friends in Adelaide drive across for face to face interviews through a different company and have the contracts and accommodation etc all sorted.

None of us have kitchen jobs however, so this could be a whole different timing again.

9. Kayden

Kayden Hard Yards

I finally received contact from Mt Buller. They had some complications and than some staff went on leave. They sent out 1st round offers already and then second round offers will be sent out around the 30th of this month. I hope that I am successful in the second round.

Tanuki, teckel and Apresski like this.
  10. climberman

climberman CloudRide1000 Legend
    Ski Pass: Gold

Good luck :)

11. snowflake65

snowflake65 First Runs

Hi, I went for a lodge manager job in Jan, didn't get a call till March, had a skype interview in April. But I guess they had the time to take their time about it. But it was the longest wait for me as well. Unfortunately I didn't get it, they sent me an email about two weeks after skype chat.
    That didn't stop me, I went for two more jobs of the same nature, didn't get one, but got the other.
    I am so stoked! And can't wait to get to Buller.
    Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Buller are just this week, advertising like crazy for kitchen hands and dishies, chefs, housekeepers etc.
    Get in now, while you still can.
    Good luck.

climberman likes this.
  12. Hermannator

Hermannator One of Us
    Ski Pass: Silver

Numbers game...

13. DbSki

DbSki Part of the Furniture
    Ski Pass: Gold

Musical chairs

They offer jobs early.
    Job seekers apply for many positions.
    They choose applicants
    As the season nears some of those applicants drop out having got better jobs.
    So they then work their way down the list try to find someone to fill the space left.
    If they are lucky the next best applicants haven't also found another job.
    So they are in no hurry to reply to others to tell them they don't have the position, just in case the person they chose drops out for a better job.
    So job seekers need to be active in following up as well as scoping out other jobs in case the one they want fails to materialise.