Mt Buller Summer 2020/21

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Are there any trails at Buller suitable for kids out of interest? My daughter is pretty keen to take her bike up next time we go up but I've never ridden a bike at Buller and I'm just not sure if there's anything actually suitable for kids of her age? She's eight and very competent on the flat but never really done much downhill stuff. Any tips on where to start out and what to progress to?
Another one I'd try is Carters Rd to Mirimbah, that's one place the local bike store clinics teaches kids. Technically it's one way only but I've done it in reverse a few times and midweek I reckon you wouldn't have an issue with opposing traffic, maybe on a weekend.

Reactions: FixedGrip

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Another one I'd try is Carters Rd to Mirimbah, that's one place the local bike store clinics teaches kids. Technically it's one way only but I've done it in reverse a few times and midweek I reckon you wouldn't have an issue with opposing traffic, maybe on a weekend.
Ah yes, I didn't think of that one. I actually used to run that trail when we were in Sawmill over winter and never saw another soul. Pretty wet in winter but would be great in Summer. Ends with a playpark as well - those with kids know how many extra points this accrues...

Reactions: CarveMan

LiveToSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jan 10, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
Didn’t know about that one. Must give it a go.

Reactions: CarveMan

kasper

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2003

Dangerous doing this backwards on a weekend or holiday periods - I have had quite a few close calls in sections with people coming way too fast the 'wrong way'. I will always ride back along the road even in off peak for that reason. There is a 'wrong way' sign at the Mirimbah side for a reason..

kasper

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2003
Buller heaving, fantastic to see. I’d be interested to know if it has ever been as busy off-season as this Easter, hard to get a park in the village, bikes absolutely everywhere.
Been coming to Buller @ Easter for ~10 years. Never been busier - we put it down the NH winter being off the cards this year...

Slide Sideways

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 2, 2012
040F6D2F-08C9-463B-B537-CAA7B76350B8.jpeg
693F152A-EEC8-4FBF-AD67-B79AA4833B9E.jpeg
It’s bit wet up here, cold, hero dirt is on offer with sightings of snow!!
Loop on medusa and misty twist was excellent, grippy dirt.
Deletite delivered the goods again, ABOM DH was a wild sloppy slippery slog, it’s copped some traffic and the snow last week wouldnt have helped. But still a fun ride down, hanging on for dear life though.
6C448D05-22A4-4BFC-836F-FA5A26779EF5.jpeg

praewarn

Hard Yards
Mar 2, 2019
Disc golf course at Mt Buller
Mr Praewarn and a group of his friends have become enthusiastic (obsessed?) players of disc (Frisbee) golf.
All of the other major alpine resorts in Victoria have a disc golf course but Mount Buller does not.
He is wondering who he needs to contact to get a course set up at Mount Buller for the next summer season.
@Dave Clark ??

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass