Mt Buller Summer 21/22

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Any word on shuttles? Just looked and standard appears to be Dec-April
Yeah bike shop etc doesn't open until then.
Yeah - sort of forgot about the wind storm up there.

Wasn't so much the wind, was just during the huge dump, got a bit wet in there for a while and more dumped on top, that's what felled all the trees.

Reactions: KylePee

praewarn

Hard Yards
Mar 2, 2019
They will need a pallet of 2 stroke to clear the trees on that one.
I was hoping to walk Delatite River Trail on Saturday. Called Resort Management to check if it was open and they advised it is. Do you think they just have no idea or should it be ok for walking?

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I was hoping to walk Delatite River Trail on Saturday. Called Resort Management to check if it was open and they advised it is. Do you think they just have no idea or should it be ok for walking?
If they say it’s good for walking then I’m sure it will be fine. They might have already used said pallet of 2 stroke to get it open!

Reactions: praewarn

Timmossy

One of Us
Nov 26, 2004
I rode up it a few weeks back from Mirimbah, a few trees down, a rotting deer carcass. Apart from that all good.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
only 115km gusts here, not such a big deal for Buller, none I seen around here, haven't been out and about. Somewhat wetish this morning.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
I think ET lives here.

1635466292441.png

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
What is Red Green and White and you don't need a plane to see it ?

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
if you can get passed the trees leaving the city, then you might need chains next, seems it thinks it is still winter here :tany:

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Very quiet up here. Expected a few more people. Snowing lightly and settling here and there mainly on rocks.

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Are any food/coffee outlets actually open at Buller this time of year? We have to head up to get a few things from our apartment and if previous off season visits are anything to go by it's the grocer one hour a day and that is literally it. Even the pub has been shut every time we've visited before. Presume we are better eating or buying stuff in Mansfield before we go up if nothing is likely to be open?

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Are any food/coffee outlets actually open at Buller this time of year? We have to head up to get a few things from our apartment and if previous off season visits are anything to go by it's the grocer one hour a day and that is literally it. Even the pub has been shut every time we've visited before. Presume we are better eating or buying stuff in Mansfield before we go up if nothing is likely to be open?
Abom and Birdcage are open, not sure about the Coffee Garage, last 2 summers their hours seemed to be to serve the tradies on the hill and not tourists.

Reactions: blueandwhite

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
We had a nice meal and some drinks at Birdcage, thanks for the tip CarveMan and djam. One other person popped in briefly but other than that no-one else at all. Tough trading conditions out of season up there that is for sure. Good on them for making the effort to open.

There was also still a very small amount of snow still left below our balcony which surprised me too. It was about 10 foot deep when we left at the end of the season (roof shedding zone) but still surprised it hadn't entirely melted! We left just as the deluge began. Always nice to get up there though.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
Woody took a fall yesterday while riding :emoji_bicyclist: down the road after the front tyre punched, late in the afternoon. Now in hospital :emoji_ambulance: in Melbourne for a stay with some broken bones. :(

His sense of humor is fully functional.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Woody took a fall yesterday while riding :emoji_bicyclist: down the road after the front tyre punched, late in the afternoon. Now in hospital :emoji_ambulance: in Melbourne for a stay with some broken bones. :(

His sense of humor is fully functional.
Oh shit thanks for letting me know I’ll send him a message. Just after his bionic knee got back on track.

DbSki

Old n' Crusty
Jun 19, 2012
Melb
I thought about doing a bit of MTB at Buller some time but concluded its only slightly safer than grass skiing so I think Ill save my bones for the winter ski season instead.
I get a good work out from the stump machine anyway, it gives me a fair share of aches and bruises already.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
I feel safer on the MTB trails then on the road, most the time your going quite slow in comparison. The road, is 60-70 all the way down, that's a long time that something could go south. Most the time in the trails you lucky be be doing 20, except for the Delatite, can easy hit 70 on the long sections, part the reason I don't ride that much now. Of course you have to ride to your abilities, or learn where they are, the hard way.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass