Mt Buller's New Website

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Well Winter is coming and websites being updating and changing to Winter mode
woohoo.gif

Like most of the new layout and features, but the trail map has changed to the silly Javascript interactive map...

At the moment no downloadable PDF or JPG trail map.

While the new one has some nice features for new to Buller people to find out runs, lifts etc, I think that all resorts should still have a downloadable map!

http://www.mtbuller.com.au/winter/Trail_Map.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.
www.australianmountains.com
I hate those java interactive map thingys!
mad.gif

They don't give the full picture, you can't save them or print them. Yes, they appeal to 14 year boys, ...
but surely it is the adults who make the decisions about where to spend the money.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Bogong said:
They don't give the full picture, you can't save them or print them. Yes, they appeal to 14 year boys, ...
but surely it is the adults who make the decisions about where to spend the money.

Pretty much!

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
its a cool thing to have BUT you definitely need the trusty old downloadable maps too!

otherwise, new layouts pretty smooth, good to see the key toolbars are still where they were/easy to see

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Yep the interactive maps are nice but the gold old fashioned PDF ones are needed too !

Gotta have somethign to print out at work on the printer many times!

Yes I do know every run at Buller without the map but still enjoy looking

Match

Hard Yards
Mar 15, 2004
Melbourne
PDF are a must. then print screen then turn them into a desktop background !!! thats what i did with the bigwhite trail map.
Like the site, pitty they dont put any effort into the stirling site, or have more info on the buller one about it

Wizard!

One of Us
Feb 21, 2008
Lol, I like the saying under the map "I want to pull some moves in the halfpipe". I signed up for the sms updates like i do every other year but it sais my phone is already registerted but i only bought it last week ?!?!?!?!?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
tcross said:
"To view our trail maps pls click on a link below"
Sounds like it was written by a 14 year old

HAHAH I missed that

0/10 Buller

SkiMun

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne
Yup. Buller Trail map blows. Confusing and you need glasses to see what's flashing and what isn't. A flop.

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.
www.australianmountains.com
I just had another look at that ghastly interactive map thingy.

Once you've zoomed it, it's impossible to get the damn thing to stay still.

It also takes ages to get it to display all the information you need because there are so many buttons to press. It is all very time consuming and frustrating!

PLEASE bring back a straight, ordinary map that makes for simple, quick and easy viewing!

(But keep the James Nieuhaus base painting, his work is excellent!)

Stevage

First Runs
May 12, 2008
Melbourne
IMHO it's not too bad, just avoid the "scenarios". You just have to go through every menu and click "show all". If there was one button to do all that, it would be fine. Though the grammar of "I have kids who want to go tobogganing what is best for them" makes the baby Jesus cry.

For those that want pdfs...uh, you can get a free trail map when you get there, no?

Steve

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass