Trip Report Mt Dandenong and Olinda Golf Course

MHzMe

Addicted
Apr 24, 2001
Marouka Lodge
OK, not quite National Park, but it is under Parks Vic control - does that count?

With access to Lake Mountain, Baw Baw, St Gwinear and Donna Buang reportedly closed this morning, we changed our plans to our local hill - Mt Dandenong!
IMG_5631.jpg

With snow on my front lawn (in Sassafras) and reports coming in of deeper cover at Olinda, we headed past the Olinda Reserve (where they were gearing up for a match on the snow covered oval) and stopped at the former Olinda Golf Course.

There was a patchy but almost complete cover of 1-2 cm. Snow was still coming down at around 8:30am, but started to get more slushy after that. Better cover than yesterday, when we only attempted tobogganing. Enough to have a go on the cross country skis anyway!
IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

I named this run Fairway Schuss. Normally rated green, but upgraded today to blue due to thin cover, toboggans and dogs! Did three runs here.
IMG_5636.jpg

I have had the ambition to have a go on skis here since I moved up to the hills - I can cross this off the list now!

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
OK, not quite National Park, but it is under Parks Vic control - does that count?

With access to Lake Mountain, Baw Baw, St Gwinear and Donna Buang reportedly closed this morning, we changed our plans to our local hill - Mt Dandenong!
IMG_5631.jpg

With snow on my front lawn (in Sassafras) and reports coming in of deeper cover at Olinda, we headed past the Olinda Reserve (where they were gearing up for a match on the snow covered oval) and stopped at the former Olinda Golf Course.

There was a patchy but almost complete cover of 1-2 cm. Snow was still coming down at around 8:30am, but started to get more slushy after that. Better cover than yesterday, when we only attempted tobogganing. Enough to have a go on the cross country skis anyway!
IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

I named this run Fairway Schuss. Normally rated green, but upgraded today to blue due to thin cover, toboggans and dogs! Did three runs here.
IMG_5636.jpg

I have had the ambition to have a go on skis here since I moved up to the hills - I can cross this off the list now!
You beat me to it! Might do some grass skiing on the Olinda Golf Course some time!

Awesome!

Reactions: currawong
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass