Trip Report Mt.St.Gwinear.XC skiing day trip.3/9/18

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Hi. A trip report with photos is coming soon , documenting my first time as a XC skier skiing from the MSG car park to the MSG summit and back.
Suffice to say it was mostly sunny , it was not very busy up there, visibility was very good, there was deep continuous snow cover the whole way , even if it was chopped up boiler plate ice until midday. I skied up it and down it carefully , without any major crashes.
:)

Reactions: pegasusSki

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Monday morning, 3/9/18 skiing or trying to ski uphill at MSG on boiler plate.
Why did I choose to do this? ;-P
The metal edges on my skis were invaluable for herringboning when the pattern would not grip the boiler plate surfaces on steep pinches.
_SAM2711.JPG

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Heading back down.There were a couple of steep chutes where the Main track just drops down suddenly. I just snow ploughed through those with only one fall the whole way. My legs were burning with snow ploughitis.The track softened in places where the sun was shining on it in the afternoon.
_SAM2724.JPG

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Drinking Hot Tea from a thermos, sitting inside the Tee mobile, is always refreshing after skiing.I drove back to Melb. with "Bob Dylan :The bootleg series vol13: Live 1979-81 " pumping out of the Tee mobile. Uncle Bob was gripped by born again Christianity during that period.
_SAM2729.JPG

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass