Question Mt Stirling Bluff Spur Snow Cam

Sean Sunley

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2017
Canberra
The Bluff Spur snowcam looks like a winter wonderland but the snow report tells a different story, why the difference? Is the Bluff Spur snowcam looking at the best snow on the mountain?

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
The Bluff Spur snowcam looks like a winter wonderland but the snow report tells a different story, why the difference? Is the Bluff Spur snowcam looking at the best snow on the mountain?
The Bluff Spur hut area usually gets the most fresh snow accumulating on the upper Mtn. .I go by the TBJ camera. If it looks good at TBJ then we are in business!

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Now that I have been to Bluff Spur Hut it all makes sense. :)
Come back next season on XC skis and ski tour the mountain further. There is so much terrain and some of it is quite challenging. In winter the huts are all stocked with wood too. I love Mt.Stirling . In green season it is good for hiking and camping too.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
The bushes on the Bluff spur hut camera shot as seen to the bottom right hand corner of the screen frame need to be completely covered and out of sight. When that happens it indicates approximately 50 cms of snow cover in that vicinity.When there is 10-20 cms of fresh snow at TBJ it is "GAME ON" !!!. Sadly in 2020, Mt. Stirling has only had that once in May and once in early August.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass