Snow Report Mt.Stirling. July 16th 2018.Fresh snow!

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Strongly suggest reconsider timing for Sunday trip. If weather forecasts are correct (we are within 3 days) then conditions could be challenging indeed. Chains will get you there but visibility could be an issue as could camping. Your call.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Strongly suggest reconsider timing for Sunday trip. If weather forecasts are correct (we are within 3 days) then conditions could be challenging indeed. Chains will get you there but visibility could be an issue as could camping. Your call.
Thanks for your advice. I will look at other dates. What about driving up on Monday?.....That also looks a bit rough in terms of weather. I am champing at the bit to ski the Circuit road to Howqua gap and back and some of Road no. 3. It is in the MUST DO in tray for this August!.

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/MtStirling/6day/mid

Skiain

Addicted
Sep 5, 2002
SE Australia
Thanks for your advice. I will look at other dates. What about driving up on Monday?.....That also looks a bit rough in terms of weather. I am champing at the bit to ski the Circuit road to Howqua gap and back and some of Road no. 3. It is in the MUST DO in tray for this August!.

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/MtStirling/6day/mid

A number of years ago, I skied the circuit road from TBJ to the Howqua Gap hut, Hills track, up to Howqua Gap track, over the summit and back down Bluff spur track to TBJ. There was no one else on the mountain that day. A highlight was encountering an owl standing over its prey and watching my every move as I got within metres of it, before it reluctantly flew up to an overhead branch. The owl was white/grey but speckled with red from the rodent it had caught. The new hut and yards at Howqua Gap are much improved over the old original shelter. Enjoy your adventures.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass