Trip Report Mt Stirling - Victoria

neilmny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 12, 2013
Four months on and it doesn't look a great deal different...

mtstirling-bluffspur.jpg

Todays snow cam shows the chairs around the "firepit" covered more or less...........:cry:

neilmny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 12, 2013
There must be a Yeti up there, look at the pounding the snow has taken in such a short time.....:eek:

mtstirling-bluffspur 9 45 am.jpg

motty

Hard Yards
Apr 21, 2013
Got a trip planned in a few days for fishing up on the Jamieson and Howqua. Anyone able to give a report on the condition of the rivers and surrounding landscape from the fires?

hongomania

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
Got a trip planned in a few days for fishing up on the Jamieson and Howqua. Anyone able to give a report on the condition of the rivers and surrounding landscape from the fires?

Haven't been super deep into those river valleys recently (except driving around circuit road), but from what I have seen they seem clear and good flow; haven't seen any forest fire damage. Drove along jamo woods point roaf yesterday and jamo, howqua and goulburn all looking healthy

Last edited:

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
I will issue a trip report but I have just spent 4-5 days in the area and hiked the Circuit road to Mt. Thorn to Queen's spur road as a day trek .
Plus @beefa skiing and some friends and I went up, up and up Helicopter spur and over to Hellfire creek saddle via Mt. Magdala summit , and onto Mt. Howitt and over to the X cut saw and down the Stanley name spur track to Queen's spur road and back to the Upper Howqua campsite. There is water flowing everywhere.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass