Opinion Narita to Ueno

argento

Hard Yards
Jul 30, 2012
I remember a discussion which went on for many posts but what I cannot remember was the conclusion...
so, which was first the cheapest and, second, quickest method to make your way from Narita Int'l Terminal to Ueno? Was it the skyliner? How much is the ticket for that trip?

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Skyliner is quicker. . 44 mins at 2400 yen.
vs regular exp on keisei line... 75mins at 1200 yen

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
we were stuck on the regular line when we tried to get Narita Express tickets and the service had malfunctioned.

It wasnt what we'd hoped for.

Also, when you get to Ueno, you have to depart the station and go to a different station to catch the Shink to Nagano (if that is your plan)

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
I remember a discussion which went on for many posts but what I cannot remember was the conclusion...
so, which was first the cheapest and, second, quickest method to make your way from Narita Int'l Terminal to Ueno? Was it the skyliner? How much is the ticket for that trip?

The long discussion generally centered around the best way to get from Narita to the Shinkansen and beyond. Options being JR Narita express via Tokyo vs Keisei Skyliner via Ueno. There were arguments both ways which I won't repeat here.

But for simply Narita to Ueno the choice is simple - Keisei line, either Skyliner or regular express (if you want cheap and have the time) as Donza has suggested.

Coutta

Hard Yards
Jul 24, 2002
Sydney
Don't forget that the NeX has a special at the moment for Y1500. ( only from Narita to Tokyo - not return) I'd get that to Tokyo and then the Shink from there. That's what I'll be doing first thing Tuesday morning!! :)

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
Yes if you have a JR East Pass then the NE'X is included, makes sense to use that. If not, then it's Y1500 one way on the NE'X vs. Keisei prices above, use your judgement.

argento

Hard Yards
Jul 30, 2012
my plan is to get from Narita to Ueno, sleep over at Ueno. Next morning make my way to Yoskosuka-shi (outskirts of Tokyo if I am not mistaken) to meet friends and then either return to Ueno or Tokyo station to catch a Shinkansen to Nagano.
It thus seems that the Keisei (being cheaper and me not being in any hurry) is the best option....

Reactions: mrtonya
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Heinz

Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
Don't forget that the NeX has a special at the moment for Y1500. ( only from Narita to Tokyo - not return) I'd get that to Tokyo and then the Shink from there. That's what I'll be doing first thing Tuesday morning!! :)

But NEX doesn't go to Ueno as per the thread title.

Heinz

Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
my plan is to get from Narita to Ueno, sleep over at Ueno. Next morning make my way to Yoskosuka-shi (outskirts of Tokyo if I am not mistaken) to meet friends and then either return to Ueno or Tokyo station to catch a Shinkansen to Nagano.
It thus seems that the Keisei (being cheaper and me not being in any hurry) is the best option....

100% correct.

argento

Hard Yards
Jul 30, 2012
took the regular keisei line into Ueno. I wasn't in a hurry so it worked well for me. What didn't work like a charm was finding our hotel which took a wee longer than we had planned. All good :)

Reactions: Donza
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass