Day to Day NE NSW / QLD weather

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
Brisbane
002F4687-42B5-4D72-9192-E461331C4BCA.png

Nicely defined cold front.

Most models still keeping most of the snowfall just south of the border...... would be very difficult odds to get snowfalls on the Granite Belt today/tomorrow although not impossible.

(timing still unchanged - a tiny chance today and also with a surge of moisture and some precip coming up late afternoon and evening on Thursday but with that big caveat of chances being very slim..... Guyra, etc are pretty much guaranteed though).

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Ferny Grove Weather
Date: 9 Jun 2021
Time: 8:00 AM

Min Temp since 9am yesterday: 13.7 C
Max Temp since 9am yesterday: 21.7 C
Min Ground Temp: 11.9 C
Rain since 9am yesterday: 1.5 mm

Temperature: 13.9 C
Relative Humidity: 84 %
Dew Point: 11.3 C
MSL Pressure: 1009.6 hPa
Wind Speed: 19kph - gentle breeze
Wind Direction: W

Present Weather: Showers of rain of any intensity ceased in the past hour
Visibility: 20km to 39km - Very Good Visibility
Cloud Cover: 8/8
Ground State: Ground moist

Notes of yesterday weather - 8/6/21: Partly cloudy with Cu and Sc clouds and Ac and Cc clouds in the morning. Near average temperature that fell slowly or was stable until the early morning before rising slowly in the morning slightly below average easing to near average from the mid morning as the temperature rose more quickly. From later in the morning the temperature rose more slowly to the maximum temperature in the early afternoon that was variable from the mid morning to the mid afternoon. In the early evening the temperature became slightly warm and warm later in the evening while the temperature generally fell slowly early in the evening, then rose a little before falling slowly late in the evening. Dew point was near average that fell slowly until the early morning before rising during the morning, then rose slowly from the mid morning becoming slightly above average before falling slowly from the mid afternoon. In the evening the dew point was stable and slightly above average. Relative humidity was near average that rose slowly from early in the day, became slightly above average from the mid morning which after falling in the morning, fell slowly from the mid morning and rose slowly from the mid afternoon moderately low. After rising slightly early in the evening while easing to near average the relative humidity fell slowly later in the evening becoming slightly below average. Mostly calm winds with some WSW winds at times early in the day, light NNW to NNE from the mid morning, N to NW in the early afternoon, NNE to ESE in the mid afternoon before calm winds late in the afternoon. Light N to NW winds in the evening with some calm winds early in the evening and some NW to WSW late in the evening before tending NE to NW in the late evening.

Today: Light showers from the early morning. Hot in the early hours with the temperature generally stable during the early hours that was a little variable, before falling slightly early this morning before becoming stable while easing to slightly warm this morning. Slightly above average dew point at the start of the day generally rose slowly in the early hours becoming moderately high later in the early hours. Early this morning the dew point fell a little before stabilising while easing back to slightly above average. Relative humidity have remained slightly below average while generally rising slowly. Light NE to NW winds from early with some W to NW winds, N to NNE in the middle of the early hours and N to NW later in the early hours while wind speed started increasing. Late in the early hours the wind shifted to WSW (at 5:30 am) before W winds this morning while the wind speed increased to moderate.

Retired Weather Man

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Wynnum North - Brisbane - Queensland
WYNNUM NORTH ( 27.4S 153.2E ) - WEATHER

( DATA FROM 0900 PREVIOUS DAY TO 0900 CURRENT DAY )

WEDNESDAY 9 JUNE 2021

TIME....0850

CURRENT TEMPERATURE...14.3C
CURRENT HUMIDITY........86%
CURRENT DEW POINT.......12C
CURRENT WIND......WSW 15Kph
CURRENT VISIBILITY.....20Km
CURRENT PRESSURE..1010.6Hpa
CURRENT CLOUD........1/8 Cu, 3/8 Sc, 8/8 AcAs
CURRENT WEATHER.....Nearby showers

RAIN SINCE 0900 TUESDAY - 1.2mm

SUMMARY LAST 24 HOURS

YESTERDAYS MAX TEMP..........20.2C
THIS MORNING'S MIN TEMP......13.0C
PAST 24 HOURS TEMP ANOMALY..+0.25C
THIS MORNING'S GRASS MIN.....13.0C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR DEW POINT......14C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR PRESSURE...1014.2Hpa
PAST 24 HOURS MAX WIND.....NW 32Kph at 0344
PAST 24 HOURS SIG.WEATHER....Smoke haze much of Tuesday clearing overnight with poassage of a trough. Slight showers Wednesday morning.

JUNE RAINFALL TO DATE......................14.8mm
JUNE AVERAGE RAINFALL......................73.1mm
2021 RAINFALL TO DATE....................1018.2mm
AVERAGE RAINFALL TO END OF JUNE...........700.0mm
AVERAGE ANNUAL RAIN TO END OF DEC........1152.4mm

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
Brisbane
aeetegeg.png

My latest impressions for snowfall potential for the QLD side of the border on the higher parts of the Granite Belt after having looked at some of the latest data:

Fairly low (but not impossible) potential between about midday and 5pm this afternoon
(soundings and ACCESS-C precip try to move some localised wintry showers through but moisture looks really marginal and it’d have to battle the odds to extend just high enough to try and tap into the dendritic growth zone…. the airmass in general is cold but the 1000-850hpa thicknesses look very marginal).

Fairly low (but not impossible) potential between about 3pm and midnight Thursday
(moisture looks much better than today, even to the point of being a bit rainy in the big blob of showery/rainy/wintry stuff pivoting up from NSW but may be a close call if only its northern edge skirts the region….. airmass in general is still cold but 1000-850hpa thicknesses look marginal again).

P.S. Beautiful looking cold front and low in the satpic above. As at midday, it was 7.7C at Applethorpe, 9.9C in Toowoomba, 15.7C in Archerfield, and 16.3C in Brisbane. Feels-like values lower than those obviously.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

WarwickEye2Sky

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Warwick
816B72BD-B3C9-461B-9828-388B456D97EF.jpeg
7F0A6FEB-3F5F-42F6-AF79-BA7315E906DD.jpeg

Ice pellets galore here near Stanthorpe before. And a rainbow among the icy looking clouds to boot.
Now I’ve just gotta hope there’s no lockdown that restricts distances travelled!
That’s beautiful Ken. Will your travels take you any further south? What are the chances of seeing some snow around Mt. MacKinley near Tenterfield about 1100-1500 tomorrow? Cheers.

Kazza47

One of Us
Jul 28, 2019
Well looking at the natural world outside today, we've somehow managed to attract a flock of Currawongs and a flock of Apostle birds. We usually see one Currawong, silly thing with one leg; and the Apostle birds come around from time to time but there must be at least 40 Curras and just as many apostles out there. Magpies are not happy and the Galahs are just dumbfounded (for want of a better word) They just sit there watching the full scale war in the air . I've never seen so many in this small patch of trees.
I assume the weather is the instigator; I wonder if it's the wind or the impending temperature drop?

I feel for you guys traveling, with possible travel restrictions looming also.

WarwickEye2Sky

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Warwick
Haha I think you might’ve had Alaska on the brain @WarwickEye2Sky ... either that or it was autocorrect.
Assuming you mean Mt Mackenzie, last I looked, they had close to a 50/50 chance there.

I am not sure what happened Ken LOL. I knew it was “MacKenzie, but somehow it didn’t translate to my message. Thanks for that info Ken, even if no snow is falling, do you think there will be some on the ground? If so, I hope council does not block access to the area. Cheers.

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
Brisbane
I am not sure what happened Ken LOL. I knew it was “MacKenzie, but somehow it didn’t translate to my message. Thanks for that info Ken, even if no snow is falling, do you think there will be some on the ground? If so, I hope council does not block access to the area. Cheers.
I’d put that in the “reasonably low potential but not impossible” category as well, given it’s still in a marginal area despite its >1200m elevation.
But I’d wait til tomorrow morning to check the latest runs to see if that’s changed or not.

From my own experiences going up Mt Mackenzie a lot, I’ve never seen them close the road up to the top even when there’s been a fair bit of snow. Just watch out for the potential for falling branches, etc if winds are strong (I haven’t checked that yet) and/or traffic, people and lack of parking spaces when there is a lot of snow there. I can’t see that being too much of a problem tomorrow though, given it’s a weekday and the potential for big snowfalls there looked rather low when I checked.

WarwickEye2Sky

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Warwick
Nice line of moisture moving NE towards the target area.
See how I feel after Origin in the early morning. LOL
Screenshot_20210609-180651.png
The target area being Guyra, Slovenski? Eukey might see a bit in the afternoon according to the latest forecast. I can’t travel that far to Guyra, but perhaps Mt. MacKenzie if conditions look promising. I guess I will decide in the morning. Cheers.

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
Brisbane
The target area being Guyra, Slovenski? Eukey might see a bit in the afternoon according to the latest forecast. I can’t travel that far to Guyra, but perhaps Mt. MacKenzie if conditions look promising. I guess I will decide in the morning. Cheers.

Just remember, the chances are marginal so it’ll be a risky gamble.

Slovenski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2019
Mount Hallen
Guyra be the holy grail, yes, lots depends on Jim or Jack later on.
QUEENSLANDER!
Leaving later in the morning is an option,
as Ken mentioned late tomorrow is product possible but I feel overnight early morning temps woukd favour but without moisture its all moot.

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes, as mentioned, chances are slim, but there is no loss in hanging around the Stanthorpe/Eukey area seeing that it’s only 45 or so minutes from Warwick. It will be nice to experience the cold wind and perhaps a nice lunch in the Stanthorpe CBD. Snow would be a bonus!
Yeah for you it is just up the road and if I was in the same boat i would definitely make the drive.

Tsunami

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2019
Cleveland SE QLD
Thanks Ken,even if there is no snow it's still a nice area to be driving around.A certain winery comes to mind as well Symphony Hill.
Try balancing heart near Giraween. If a nice day sitting beside the lake wine tasting is great. Best view ever.

If youre after a realaxing country retreat in stanthorpe....Diamondvale Cottages is the go. Omg.. log fire peacefull. Could ramble on. Cant beat it.

Here, fire going 10c expected 6c tonight
Got my uggys on lol
0.3mm of rain pfffffff

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
The temperature rose rather slowly during the morning and afternoon to the maximum temperature in the early afternoon that became slightly cool from the mid morning and cool from the late morning. After the temperature fell from the mid afternoon the temperature fell more slowly or was stable late tonight that eased to near average. Slightly above average dew point in the morning eased to near average in the morning and moderately low from the late morning while the dew point fell during the morning and afternoon. Tonight the dew point have been stable while remaining moderately low.

Relative humidity eased back to near average from the morning dropping back to slightly below average from the early afternoon and moderately low later in the afternoon while the relative humidity fell from the mid morning. Tonight the relative humidity have been low while rising slowly. Light W to WSW winds from the morning and was moderate at times in the morning and afternoon with some N to NW winds early tonight and W to NW winds late tonight with variable winds.

Last 24 hours:
rain 2021-6-9.PNG
temp 2021-6-9.PNG
hum 2021-6-9.PNG
wind dir 2021-6-9.PNG
wind speed 2021-6-9.PNG

Last edited:

Retired Weather Man

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Wynnum North - Brisbane - Queensland
WYNNUM NORTH ( 27.4S 153.2E ) - WEATHER

( DATA FROM 0900 PREVIOUS DAY TO 0900 CURRENT DAY )

THURSDAY 10 JUNE 2021

TIME....0800

CURRENT TEMPERATURE...10.3C
CURRENT HUMIDITY........70%
CURRENT DEW POINT........5C
CURRENT WIND.......WNW 4Kph
CURRENT VISIBILITY.....50Km
CURRENT PRESSURE..1014.2Hpa
CURRENT CLOUD........Nil cloud
CURRENT WEATHER.....No significant weather.

RAIN SINCE 0900 WEDNESDAY - Trace.

SUMMARY LAST 24 HOURS

YESTERDAYS MAX TEMP..........17.6C
THIS MORNING'S MIN TEMP.......6.1C
PAST 24 HOURS TEMP ANOMALY..-4.00C
THIS MORNING'S GRASS MIN......4.1C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR DEW POINT.......7C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR PRESSURE...1011.5Hpa
PAST 24 HOURS MAX WIND.....W 40Kph at 1349
PAST 24 HOURS SIG.WEATHER....Slight rain mid morning Wednesday, clearing by lunchtime. No rain recorded.

JUNE RAINFALL TO DATE......................14.8mm
JUNE AVERAGE RAINFALL......................73.1mm
2021 RAINFALL TO DATE....................1018.2mm
AVERAGE RAINFALL TO END OF JUNE...........700.0mm
AVERAGE ANNUAL RAIN TO END OF DEC........1152.4mm

Michael Hauber

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Cold morning for sunshine coast. Sunshine Coast airport recorded 2.3 vs June record of 1.5. First time I've ever personally witnessed frost on the sunshine coat. I found a low spot on my run where the grass had been mowed recently. The clumps of mown grass had a coating of frost on top. Long grass nearby had dew and everywhere else I looked was dew not frost.

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Ferny Grove Weather
Date: 10 Jun 2021
Time: 9:20 AM

Min Temp since 9am yesterday: 5.2 C
Max Temp since 9am yesterday: 18.2 C
Min Ground Temp: 3 C
Rain since 9am yesterday: 0 mm

Temperature: 13.4 C
Relative Humidity: 56 %
Dew Point: 4.8 C
MSL Pressure: 1014 hPa
Wind Speed: 3 kph - light air
Wind Direction: N

Present Weather: No cloud development observed
Visibility: 20km to 39km - Very Good Visibility
Cloud Cover: 0/8
Ground State: Ground dry

Notes of yesterday weather - 9/6/21: Cloudy with Cu and Ns clouds in the morning before clearing to partly cloudy with Cu and Sc clouds in the afternoon. Light showers in the early morning. Generally stable and hot temperature in the early hours that was a little variable before falling slightly in the early morning before generally rising slowly in the morning and afternoon that became slightly cool from the mid morning and cool from the late morning. After the temperature fell from the mid afternoon the temperature fell more slowly or was stable late in the evening that eased to near average in the evening. Slightly above average dew point early in the day generally rose slowly becoming moderately high later in the early hours. In the early morning the dew point fell a little before stabilising while easing back to slightly above average. In the morning the dew point eased to near average and to moderately low from the late morning while the dew point fell during the morning and afternoon. In the evening the dew point was stable while remaining moderately low. Relative humidity was slightly below average while generally rising slowly from early in the day, then eased back to near average from the morning dropping back to slightly below average from the early afternoon and moderately low later in the afternoon while the relative humidity fell from the mid morning. In the evening the relative humidity was low while rising slowly. Light NE to NW winds from early with some W to NW winds, N to NNE in the middle of the early hours and N to NW later in the early hours while wind speed started increasing. Late in the early hours the wind was a WSW wind change before W winds in the morning while the wind speed increased to moderate. Light W to WSW winds from the morning and was moderate at times in the morning and afternoon with some N to NW winds early in the evening and W to NW winds late tonight with variable winds.

Today: After the temperature remained stable or fell slowly close to average, the temperature fell more quickly late in the early hours falling from 10 C at 5am to the minimum temperature at 7am and quickly became cold in the early morning. This morning the temperature rose quickly easing to cool. Dew point have been nearly stable and moderately low from the start of the day, before rising this morning while remaining moderately low. Low relative humidity early in the day eased to moderately low this morning as the relative humidity rose slowly in the early hours. Light WNW winds with variable winds early in the day tending W to WSW and then SSW to W later in the early hours. Early this morning have been W to NW winds, calm winds at times with some variable winds tending to N to NE in the past hour.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass