Day to Day NE NSW / QLD weather

Slovenski

One of Us
Jun 7, 2019
Mount Hallen
The snow in Guyra is slowly dissapearing, driving through Ben Lomond seeing reasonably heavy snowfalls.
20210610_120516.jpg
20210610_120443.jpg
20210610_123702.jpg

Ken Kato

One of Us
Jul 13, 2019
Well that looks promising and seems to line up with windy. Some people are saying it will all be gone.
You can never tell for sure since how long snow cover on the ground also depends on how much snow falls beforehand @chunky but one thing to factor in is that further snowfalls are expected at Guyra/Ben Lomond through this arvo and tonight. So it's not like whatever snow cover's left there at the moment is going to keep decreasing at the same rate that it has been.

As at midday, it was 8C in Applethorpe near here and 10.3C in Toowoomba. The mass of cloud, showers, drizzle, and rain areas swirling around the flank of the low has made its way across the border - expecting that cloud and precipitation to brush the Granite Belt there this afternoon and tonight. Snowfall potential here still remains in the "not quite impossible but only very slim chance" category.

Ken Kato

One of Us
Jul 13, 2019
Waiting here patiently in Eukey. Slow internet so no access to radar. Does it look like precipitation will make it here by 1600? Cheers.

To be honest, not sure. I’m about to try and catch up on a bit of sleep. Dunno if the previous posts loaded for you but I was saying snow chances there still look in the “not impossible but still very slim” category. So good luck... you’ll need it! Should definitely see a fair bit of cloud through this afternoon and tonight, and possibly some showery stuff brushing the Granite Belt though.

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
On way home now, snowing almost to Glen Innes. The snow is getting eaten quickly, it may get topped up tonight when it cools down if keeps up snowing.
It all be gone this time tomorrow I recon.
Yeah this is what I am worried about. Ground temps would be pretty warm so snow isn't going to hold. I remember this from my snow chase last year but the models were indicating it would. I am surprised how little is in Guyra this morning from pics. I was expecting a lot more on the ground so it didnt quite pan out as planned for many it seems. Orange looks like the place.

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
To be honest, not sure. I’m about to try and catch up on a bit of sleep. Dunno if the previous posts loaded for you but I was saying snow chances there still look in the “not impossible but still very slim” category. So good luck... you’ll need it! Should definitely see a fair bit of cloud through this afternoon and tonight, and possibly some showery stuff brushing the Granite Belt though.
I think it is wrapping around from the north west too much to bring the cold air. Cross fingers for you.

Slovenski

One of Us
Jun 7, 2019
Mount Hallen
On way home now, snowing almost to Glen Innes. The snow is getting eaten quickly, it may get topped up tonight when it cools down if keeps up snowing.
It all be gone this time tomorrow I recon.

Conditions on the New England between Guyra and GI are very, very treacherous atm. Puking down snow, wind roaring. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was 20-30cm in the morning if this keeps up.
DF070039-A1AF-4F22-BB9C-4775DC2135EC.jpeg
Amazing they kept the road open, it was closed up until just b4 I came through this morning. Gonalook a beauty in the morning.

Ken Kato

One of Us
Jul 13, 2019
Arrived in Stanthorpe expecting bitter cold, but 7 degs at 8pm is actually pretty mild. Was thinking of a drive to some hills around Eukey but if there ain't no clouds, there ain't gonna be sleet or snow. Next time maybe

There was actually a lot of cloud and some rainfall here earlier this evening and afternoon @Sandbank
But as expected, low level temps a touch too high for snow today.

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
The temperature remained cool during the morning easing to slightly cool in the afternoon as the temperature rose in the morning and afternoon. From the late afternoon the temperature fell quickly becoming cool, then fell less quickly after early tonight becoming cold during tonight before stabilising in the past hour remaining cold. Moderately low dew point in the morning stopped falling in the mid morning before falling from later in the morning and became low from the late morning. Tonight the dew point have eased to moderately low after rising later in the afternoon before falling slowly tonight.

Relative humidity remained moderately low in the morning becoming low during the afternoon after falling quickly until the mid morning and then fell slowly until the mid afternoon. Later in the afternoon as the relative humidity rose it eased back to slightly below average from the late afternoon and near average or slightly below average later tonight. Light N to NE winds in the mid morning tended N to NW later in the morning with some variable winds, N to NW in the afternoon before mostly calm winds from the late afternoon.

Last 24 hours:
temp 2021-6-10.PNG
hum 2021-6-10.PNG
wind dir 2021-6-10.PNG

Slovenski

One of Us
Jun 7, 2019
Mount Hallen
Damp drizzly start at Stanthorpe and 5 degs. Heading south to have a look-see. What beautiful country! :)
20210611_064136.jpg
You propably will only get as far as Glen Innes atm. Road shut to Guyra & snow/ice on road just west of Glen Innes. Must be more snow around than yesterday morning.
Screenshot_20210611-073222.png
If you in 4wd or have chains you could bypass roadblock through Maybole & Ben Lomond. Drive safely.

Retired Weather Man

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Wynnum North - Brisbane - Queensland
WYNNUM NORTH ( 27.4S 153.2E ) - WEATHER

( DATA FROM 0900 PREVIOUS DAY TO 0900 CURRENT DAY )

FRIDAY 11 JUNE 2021

TIME....0730

CURRENT TEMPERATURE....9.0C
CURRENT HUMIDITY........70%
CURRENT DEW POINT........4C
CURRENT WIND........NW 6Kph
CURRENT VISIBILITY.....40Km
CURRENT PRESSURE..1016.9Hpa
CURRENT CLOUD........4/8 multi layered Ac, 3/8 CiCs
CURRENT WEATHER.....No significant weather.

RAIN SINCE 0900 THURSDAY - 0.0mm

SUMMARY LAST 24 HOURS

YESTERDAYS MAX TEMP..........17.6C
THIS MORNING'S MIN TEMP.......7.0C
PAST 24 HOURS TEMP ANOMALY..-4.00C
THIS MORNING'S GRASS MIN......5.5C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR DEW POINT.......6C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR PRESSURE...1013.6Hpa
PAST 24 HOURS MAX WIND.....N 24Kph at 1259
PAST 24 HOURS SIG.WEATHER....No significant weather.

JUNE RAINFALL TO DATE......................14.8mm
JUNE AVERAGE RAINFALL......................73.1mm
2021 RAINFALL TO DATE....................1018.2mm
AVERAGE RAINFALL TO END OF JUNE...........700.0mm
AVERAGE ANNUAL RAIN TO END OF DEC........1152.4mm

Sandbank

One of Us
Jul 7, 2019
Caloundra South and Stanthorpe
You propably will only get as far as Glen Innes atm. Road shut to Guyra & snow/ice on road just west of Glen Innes. Must be more snow around than yesterday morning.
Screenshot_20210611-073222.png
If you in 4wd or have chains you could bypass roadblock through Maybole & Ben Lomond. Drive safely.
Thanks for the tip @Slovenski . But only going as far as Tenterfield. As KK says, very damp all the way from Stanthorpe south.
20210611_072137.jpg
20210611_075043_01.jpg

Sandbank

One of Us
Jul 7, 2019
You going to Tenterfield for snow @Sandbank ? If so, the snow potential's well and truly gone. I got a brief spell of snowflakes at Mt Mackenzie late yesterday but not much accumulation (some nice videos of it on social media yesterday too). But if you're just going there for a nice drive, enjoy! Such a pretty area I always love passing through.
Just a drive mate and a look around. Take some happy snaps. Have to pick up some supplies at Ballandean.

PeteJ

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Toowoomba
Many thanks and praises for great posts and pictures and all the effort that has gone into it all. I am now watching that next trough, next week, wondering if it will have a band of maybe useful rain. Still a long way off, but if we can get something rain-wise with each of these systems, this may be remembered as a reasonable winter. Of course, it is still too early to really know, but I am just wondering about the possibility of a big winter rain event sometime this winter. If I read it right the SAM is supposed to go Positive for a while, but I just don't see it looking at the models. Maybe some other part of the southern hemisphere. At least the BOM is optimistic.

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Ferny Grove Weather
Date: 11 Jun 2021
Time: 9:20 AM

Min Temp since 9am yesterday: 4.2 C
Max Temp since 9am yesterday: 18.8 C
Min Ground Temp: 2.4 C
Rain since 9am yesterday: 0 mm

Temperature: 14.8 C
Relative Humidity: 58 %
Dew Point: 6.7 C
MSL Pressure: 1016.9 hPa
Wind Speed: 4 kph - light air
Wind Direction: WNW

Present Weather: State of sky generally unchanged during preceding hour
Visibility: 20km to 39km - Very Good Visibility
Cloud Cover: 4/8
Ground State: Ground dry

Notes of yesterday weather - 10/6/21: Sunny. After the temperature was stable or fell slowly close to average, the temperature fell more quickly late in the early hours and quickly became cold in the early morning. The temperature eased to cool during the morning and to slightly cool in the afternoon as the temperature rose in the morning and afternoon. From the late afternoon the temperature fell quickly becoming cool, then fell less quickly after the early evening becoming cold during the evening. Dew point was nearly stable and moderately low from the start of the day, before rising in the morning while remaining moderately low. Moderately low dew point in the morning stopped falling in the mid morning before falling from later in the morning and became low from the late morning. In the evening the dew point eased to moderately low after rising later in the afternoon before falling slowly in the evening. Low relative humidity early in the day eased to moderately low in the morning as the relative humidity rose slowly in the early hours. Relative humidity remained moderately low in the morning becoming low during the afternoon after falling quickly until the mid morning and then fell slowly until the mid afternoon. Later in the afternoon as the relative humidity rose it eased back to slightly below average from the late afternoon and near average or slightly below average late in the evening. Light WNW winds with variable winds early in the day tending W to WSW and then SSW to W later in the early hours. Early in the morning morning were W to NW winds, light N to NE winds in the mid morning tending N to NW later in the morning with some variable winds, N to NW in the afternoon before mostly calm winds from the late afternoon.

Today: The temperature was mostly stable in the early hours that fell a little in the mid early hours and was cold. This morning the temperature have risen fast and eased to slightly cool. Dew point was nearly stable in the early hours and have started to rise this morning that have been moderately low. Relative humidity rose slowly in the early hours slightly above average before dropping back to moderately low while falling this morning. Mostly calm winds with some W to SSW winds at times in the early hours before W to NW winds developed this morning.

Sandbank

One of Us
Jul 7, 2019
Can I just say (not weather related, or with any great knowledge on the subject) that photo looks like a work of art. So perfect - congrats.
Awwww...thanks. I could pull your leg and tell you I was waiting for the perfect light, but I was actually just raking leaves and turned around. There are some other folks who can take a great photo on this site however.

Kazza47

One of Us
Jul 28, 2019
Oh yeah I know there are many talented photographers here, I secretly covet pics from 2 other members here!
But that pic has a balance; a serenity to it; it also evokes an image of Clancy f the Overflow striding in with his horse any second now.
If someone told me that was an historical painting hanging in a museum somewhere . I'd believe it.
It'd also make a great jigsaw, lol!

dogski

One of Us
Jul 28, 2010
toowoomba
Well I covered quite a few KMs yesterday.Down to Wallangarra first,could see the build up well to the south.Back to Stanthorpe for lunch via Eukey rd.Cloud was starting to thicken up so back to Eukey where it started to drizzle but that's all it was.Left for home via the GB brewery and Amiens Rd.Still drizzling but got heavier for about 10 mins.All in all a great drive in a beautiful area.

Sandbank

One of Us
Jul 7, 2019
Oh yeah I know there are many talented photographers here, I secretly covet pics from 2 other members here!
But that pic has a balance; a serenity to it; it also evokes an image of Clancy f the Overflow striding in with his horse any second now.
If someone told me that was an historical painting hanging in a museum somewhere . I'd believe it.
It'd also make a great jigsaw, lol!
I never knew why coveting was so frowned upon. Stone tablets hey? Go figure. Yeah, the gums, the creek and an ironbark hut. It's pretty.

Tasmanian Devil

One of Us
Nov 10, 2019
Just to highlight what a crazy system this is, here in Launceston northern Tassie at the moment it is 15 degrees, the average minimum in June is 2.9 degrees. We have turned the heater off. In North West Tassie today 20 degrees was recorded at Wynyard, incredible only 10 days away from the winter solstice.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass