Day to Day NE NSW / QLD weather

Multiversity

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2019
Have now had both AZ shots. Hope the side effects are not as bad as first time round.

WYNNUM NORTH ( 27.4S 153.2E ) - WEATHER

( DATA FROM 0900 PREVIOUS DAY TO 0900 CURRENT DAY )

FRIDAY 23 JULY 2021 - TIME 0810

CURRENT TEMPERATURE...11.7C
CURRENT HUMIDITY........86%
CURRENT DEW POINT........9C
CURRENT WIND.......SW 10Kph
CURRENT VISIBILITY.....25KM
CURRENT PRESSURE..1016.6HpA
CURRENT CLOUD......1/8 Cu, 6/8 AcAs
CURRENT WEATHER.....Smoke haze

RAIN SINCE 0900 THURSDAY....Trace

SUMMARY LAST 24 HOURS

YESTERDAYS MAX TEMP..........19.4C
THIS MORNING'S MIN TEMP.......7.6C
PAST 24 HOURS TEMP ANOMALY..-2.30C
THIS MORNING'S GRASS MIN......6.8C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR DEW POINT.......8C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR PRESSURE...1016.8Hpa
PAST 24 HOURS MAX WIND....W 18Kph at 0950
PAST 24 HOURS SIG.WEATHER...Smoke haze developed from pre fire season burn offs. Slight rain around dawn Friday. No rain recorded.
JULY RAINFALL TO DATE......................61.4mm
JULY AVERAGE RAINFALL......................53.2mm
2021 RAINFALL TO DATE....................1101.6mm
AVERAGE RAINFALL TO END OF JULY...........753.2mm
AVERAGE ANNUAL RAIN TO END OF DEC........1152.4mm
Please keep us informed - I had first AZ and had rigors to rival malaria (not that I've had malaria, just from what I've read).

PeteJ

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Toowoomba
Please keep us informed - I had first AZ and had rigors to rival malaria (not that I've had malaria, just from what I've read).
My mum and I had the AZ 8 weeks ago. She had mild side effects and I felt like I had been hit by a truck for 2 days. My wife said she is going to wait for Pfizer, but I have heard that with it the second one is the nasty one. Overcast here with quite spectacular middle level cloud As shown in Rays74’s photo.

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Ferny Grove Weather
Date: 23 Jul 2021
Time: 9:25 AM

Min Temp since 9am yesterday: 7.8 C
Max Temp since 9am yesterday: 20.1 C
Min Ground Temp: 6 C
Rain since 9am yesterday: 0 mm

Temperature: 15.2 C
Relative Humidity: 75 %
Dew Point: 10.7 C
MSL Pressure: 1015 hPa
Wind Speed: 1 kph - light air
Wind Direction: N

Present Weather: Haze
Visibility: 20km to 39km - Very Good Visibility
Cloud Cover: 7/8
Ground State: Ground dry

Notes of yesterday weather - 22/7/21: Sunny with some Cu clouds from the late morning. Smoke haze from the early afternoon from back burning at Bunya. Slightly cool at the start of the day, became cool during the early hours and cold in the early morning which fell a little slowly through to the early morning but temporarily fell more quickly during the second hour of the day. In the morning the temperature warmed quickly easing to cool, then slightly cool and then near average from the mid morning that was mostly slightly cool in the afternoon as the maximum temperature was reached in the early afternoon before stable temperature until the mid afternoon. In the early afternoon the temperature was briefly near average early in the afternoon. While the temperature fell from later in the afternoon before stabilising late in the evening that was slightly cool easing to near average late in the evening. Dew point was moderately low that fell slowly in the early morning, rose a little in the early morning before rising slowly before rising more quickly later in the morning, stabilised in the afternoon that was slightly below average before rising slightly in the mid and late afternoon while easing to near average. In the first half of the evening the dew point fell slowly before rising very slowly later in the evening while remaining close to average. Relative humidity was moderately low at the start of the day and stable and slightly below average during the rest of the early hours and early in the morning while rising. During the morning the relative humidity fell quickly and dropped back to moderately low, easing to slightly below average from the late morning as the relative humidity stabilised in the late morning and in the afternoon. From the mid afternoon the relative humidity was near average while rising. Light W to SW winds early in the day, followed by mostly calm winds with some W to WSW winds at times before light W to SW winds tended S to SSW during in the morning with some S to SE winds later in the morning, then variable winds in the early afternoon, light NE to SSE winds in the mid afternoon, NNE to ENE in the late afternoon before mostly calm winds in the evening.

Today: Some light rain in the early morning. Temperature have been near average today that fell slowly to the minimum temperature half way through the early hours, then rose slowly during the rest of the early hours and early morning before rising a little more quickly this morning. Dew point have been near average that fell slowly in the first half of the early hours before rising slowly afterwards. Relative humidity was near average in the early hours and early morning while rising slowly before near average relative humidity this morning while falling though was briefly slightly below average early this morning. Calm winds early before light S to SW with some SSE winds during this morning becoming NW to ENE presently.

Michael Hauber

One of Us
Jul 4, 2019
The China situation is due to the monsoon trough parked right across them, plus a nearby typhoon pushing a converging easterly stream across the northern part.

1626992327514.png
1626992327514.png
Looks like a stagnant high to the north of China with a similar signature in the last 30 day uppers as the US and Europe events. This would contribute by helping to keep that typhoon stationary, but probably has little to do with the monsoon trough being active which is time of year/MJO/ENSO.

200z_30b.fnl.gif

At the surface we seem to be having strong high pressure activity in the Pacific both south and north hemisphere which is likely contributing to a cooling trend in ENSO and would be helping this activity by feeding in moisture and resisting movement of systems away from the coast.

slp_30b.fnl (13).gif

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
51329953659_b7ffe1f810_b.jpg

16.5C here at the moment (1:35pm) with light rain and gloomy overcast skies. Further patchy rain and showers are continuing to stream across SEQ. There was also some very localised lightning/thunder to the northwest of SEQ earlier.

Our next round of gusty W to SW winds kicks in later on Saturday and on Sunday. Some colder mornings and frosts in favoured areas also coming up again during the first half of the working week after those winds die down.

These winds being part of a broader area of strong winds about to affect large sections of SE Australia, and are likely to carry the potential for damage in some sections of southeastern SA, southern and mountain areas of VIC, parts of TAS, and parts of eastern NSW.
Extensive highland snowfalls also set to develop in sections of SE Australia, and may even get down close to sea level in some areas such as western and southern TAS as well as a small section of southwest VIC.

Vinny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Yeppoon Queensland
Not a cloud in the sky here, wouldn't call it hot or cold, just right, hasn't got to 24 deg so far 22.5 deg , Rocky hasn't got to 27 deg yet , 25 deg.

Dew point much higher today 17.3 deg currently 22 deg here feels like 21 .

Going to be 17 deg overnight/morning... big swing then it drops then it goes back up ... but looks like it won't be below 10 deg min except for Tuesday possibly.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Vinny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Yeppoon Queensland
Ok i assume the reason for this is because apart from May with 5mm we've had consistent (not necessarily heavy) rain since I guess about October last year.

I cannot believe how much grass I got , i do water all year around with pop up sprinklers (short time due to winter )because i have a sand spear but even last year the lawn never grew this much ... i do mulch mow in summer but stopped that around May or April. I haven't fertilized the lawn in years.

This was from the front and back ridiculous given it is winter . I am starting to see weeds finally in the grass so it is slowly drying out/dormant /dying off as we go into the dryer warmer months ...

IMG_20210723_170240.jpg

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
51328769167_13b9332a04_b.jpg

51330395720_0e76ca509a_b.jpg

51330398550_20976295fb_b.jpg

51330126779_22be6912be_b.jpg

1627027955693.png

Ok i assume the reason for this is because apart from May with 5mm we've had consistent (not necessarily heavy) rain since I guess about October last year.

I cannot believe how much grass I got , i do water all year around with pop up sprinklers (short time due to winter )because i have a sand spear but even last year the lawn never grew this much ... i do mulch mow in summer but stopped that around May or April. I haven't fertilized the lawn in years.

This was from the front and back ridiculous given it is winter . I am starting to see weeds finally in the grass so it is slowly drying out/dormant /dying off as we go into the dryer warmer months ...

IMG_20210723_170240.jpg

Nice.

Still cool, gloomy, and a bit wet here with on-and-off light rain.

15.9C at 4:30pm. Still a little bit of lightning being detected in inland SEQ. The moss growing in the shadowy parts of my backyard is liking the rain, although it's always there. Some pics from my area above.

Vinny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Yeppoon Queensland
51328769167_13b9332a04_b.jpg

51330395720_0e76ca509a_b.jpg

51330398550_20976295fb_b.jpg

51330126779_22be6912be_b.jpg

1627027955693.png

Nice.

Still cool, gloomy, and a bit wet here with on-and-off light rain.

15.9C at 4:30pm. Still a little bit of lightning being detected in inland SEQ. The moss growing in the shadowy parts of my backyard is liking the rain, although it's always there. Some pics from my area above.

Your first photo with the weeds. We have so many in the front garden west facing gets a lot of water there, i've taken a big pile out but i think the only way to get rid of them totally will be to mulch the whole front garden and smother them to stop them getting light.

Tsunami

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2019
Cleveland SE QLD

IMG_20210723_170240.jpg
Hey Vinnie try Searles lawn perfect....kills the weds but not youre grass...unless its buffalo

WarwickEye2Sky

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Warwick
My mum and I had the AZ 8 weeks ago. She had mild side effects and I felt like I had been hit by a truck for 2 days. My wife said she is going to wait for Pfizer, but I have heard that with it the second one is the nasty one. Overcast here with quite spectacular middle level cloud As shown in Rays74’s photo.
Yes Pete, the second Pfizer jab can be nasty, for me however, I was just a bit tired the next day. My wife however, experienced significant flu-like symptoms.

Tsunami

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2019
Cleveland SE QLD
Yes Pete, the second Pfizer jab can be nasty, for me however, I was just a bit tired the next day. My wife however, experienced significant flu-like symptoms.
My 1st pfizer jab made my arm hurt like a bastard that night trying to sleep on it..hency why i slept on my other side. A day later had an unexpected nanny nap at 2pm
2nd jab, not a thing, probably water. Lol

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Light rain at times from the early afternoon. Near average temperature in the morning with the temperature variable in the late morning and in the early afternoon. The maximum temperature was reached in the early afternoon before falling afterwards and became cool in the afternoon. Early tonight the temperature eased to near average becoming slightly warm during tonight while falling slowly before stabilised from half way through tonight before becoming warm late tonight. Dew point was near average in the morning and became slightly above average in the afternoon while rising, stabilised during the afternoon before falling slightly early tonight. During the rest of tonight the dew point have been stable and became moderately high.

Relative humidity was slightly above average from the mid morning while falling a little slowly, then rose from the early afternoon that became high and then very high in the mid afternoon and rose more slowly from the mid afternoon while remaining very high. During the relative humidity eased from high early tonight to slightly above average late tonight while rising slowly. Light SSE to SW winds in the mid morning, then NNW to NE later in the afternoon after some variable winds, then NE to NE winds in the afternoon woth ome ESE to ENE winds in the mid afternoon tending WSW to S from the late afternoon with some calm winds. During tonight were some calm winds with WSW to SSW winds with some NNW to NW winds late tonight.

Last 24 hours:
rain 2021-7-23.PNG
temp 2021-7-23.PNG
hum 2021-7-23.PNG
wind dir 2021-7-23.PNG

Retired Weather Man

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Wynnum North - Brisbane - Queensland

SATURDAY 24 JULY 2021 - TIME 0755

CURRENT TEMPERATURE...12.7C
CURRENT HUMIDITY........98%
CURRENT DEW POINT.......12C
CURRENT WIND.......WNW 3Kph
CURRENT VISIBILITY...700 METRES
CURRENT PRESSURE..1010.2HpA
CURRENT CLOUD......Nil cloud
CURRENT WEATHER.....Fog, sky visible.

RAIN SINCE 0900 FRIDAY....9.0mm

SUMMARY LAST 24 HOURS

YESTERDAYS MAX TEMP..........18.6C
THIS MORNING'S MIN TEMP......11.1C
PAST 24 HOURS TEMP ANOMALY..-0.95C
THIS MORNING'S GRASS MIN......9.8C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR DEW POINT......12C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR PRESSURE...1012.3Hpa
PAST 24 HOURS MAX WIND....NW 14Kph at 1237
PAST 24 HOURS SIG.WEATHER...Slight showers and rain areas Friday afternoon, with thunderstorms from 2035K. When these cleared fog developed in the calm conditions and high humidity, continuing till observation time.
JULY RAINFALL TO DATE......................70.4mm
2021 RAINFALL TO DATE....................1110.6mm

TweedStorm

One of Us
Jul 6, 2019
Banora Point
Morning all, Stunning start to the day with a touch of real spring warmth here. I can't wait till Spring proper arrives and hoping for some decent thunderstorms as a consequence of so much cold air about.
I was woken out out of my hibernation last night with the storm that pushed through here. Quite a fair amount of lightning too, great stuff!!! Have a goody folks.

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
I feel like August is going to warm up above average

Feels like it's trying to be Spring already
1627087687567.png

Also seems another case of it warmed up in the morning before 9am the next day? That 16 deg below average day 2 days ago is now registered as 19.9?

1627087749575.png

That's simply another case of the max temp being reached just before the official 9am reset time on the following morning due to the rapid warmup on that morning. In this case, 19.9C was reached just before 9am on Friday which then makes it the official max temp for that 24hr period from 9am Thursday.

Widespread warmer than normal temps look set to progressively move across almost every state at different stages of next week (some areas are looking at much above average temps) and SE QLD probably won't escape it either. But it'll remain cool here til then.

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
1627089610756.png

51330247962_7d94ef418f_b.jpg

51331192998_dc38d665cd_b.jpg

Some fog pics in my area from this morning as it was lifting. Wet ground from rain + winds still light + clearance of the cloud cover + drier air moving in aloft = perfect conditions for it. Rainfall amounts ranged from 1 to 25mm with a couple of gauges inland exceeding 25mm.

Also above is the 24hr lightning up to 9am today. One of the rumbles of thunder we had here last night was exceptionally deep, shook the house, and set off a dog barking nearby.

The westerlies have started to gust up. 50km/hr gusts alerady at my nearest AWS (Archerfield).

Multiversity

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2019
Cloudy and 32c , very humid in Tokyo today.
Picture courtesy of my friend

She's not concerned about the approaching typhoon.

She's says it die out on approach to Tokyo

IMG-20210723-WA0003.jpg

yeah having visited Japan in July 2 years ago, I thought its was quite 'brave' to hold Olympics in peak summer. Tokyo is 34C + DP thru the roof. The typhoon south of Japan looks like a pearler on Himawari - very well defined eye & circulation

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Ferny Grove Weather
Date: 24 Jul 2021
Time: 12:45 PM

Min Temp since 9am yesterday: 11.5 C
Max Temp since 9am yesterday: 20.1 C
Min Ground Temp: 8.6 C
Rain since 9am yesterday: 7.2 mm

Temperature: 22 C
Relative Humidity: 50 %
Dew Point: 11.1 C
MSL Pressure: 1007.5 hPa
Wind Speed: 24 kph - moderate breeze
Wind Direction: W

Present Weather: State of sky generally unchanged during preceding hour
Visibility: 40km or more - Excellent Visibility
Cloud Cover: 1/8
Ground State: Ground dry
Thunder yesterday: Yes

Notes of yesterday weather - 23/7/21: Mostly cloudy with Cu, Sc and Ac clouds becoming cloudy from the late morning with Cu and Ns clouds. Brief light rain in the early morning and light showers and light rain at times from the early afternoon. Distant thunder in the early evening. Temperature was near average that fell slowly to the minimum temperature half way through the early hours, then rose slowly during the rest of the early hours and in the early morning before rising a little more quickly during the morning with the temperature variable in the late morning and in the early afternoon. The maximum temperature was reached in the early afternoon before falling afterwards and became cool in the afternoon. Early in the evening the temperature eased to near average becoming slightly warm during the evening while falling slowly before stabilised from half way through the evening before becoming warm late in the evening. Dew point was near average that fell slowly in the first half of the early hours before rising slowly afterwards, became slightly above average in the afternoon while rising, stabilised during the afternoon before falling slightly early in the evening. During the rest of the evening the dew point was stable and became moderately high. Relative humidity was near average in the early hours and early morning while rising slowly before near average relative humidity during the morning while falling though was briefly slightly below average early in the morning. Relative humidity was slightly above average from the mid morning while falling a little slowly, then rose from the early afternoon that became high and then very high in the mid afternoon and rose more slowly from the mid afternoon while remaining very high. During the evening the relative humidity eased from high early in the evening to slightly above average late in the evening while rising slowly. Calm winds early before light S to SW with some SSE winds during the morning with some NW to ENE winds. Light SSE to SW winds in the mid morning, then NNW to NE later in the morning after some variable winds, then NE to NE winds in the afternoon with some ESE to ENE winds in the mid afternoon tending WSW to S from the late afternoon with some calm winds. During the evening were some calm winds with WSW to SSW winds with some NNW to NW winds late in the evening.

Today: Light showers and light rain at times cleared in the first half of the early hours. Warm early in the day with the temperature generally falling slowly but was stable at times before briefly falling more quickly late in the early hours to the minimum temperature in the early morning while easing to slightly warm. During the morning the temperature have warmed quickly that was warm easing to slightly warm from later in the morning. Dew point was stable at times that generally fell slowly in the early hours moderately high, then briefly fell more quickly late in the early hours and in the early morning slightly above average before rising sharply again afterwards while returning to moderately high. During the morning the dew point stabilised before falling from the mid morning while easing to slightly above average in the mid morning and to near average from the late morning. Relative humidity was stable and near saturation early in the day that was slightly above average before falling quickly this morning that have been near average. Calm winds at the start of the day, then mostly WNW to WSW winds during middle of the early hours before calm winds late in the early hours and in the early morning. During this morning while wind speed have been increasing with gusty W winds that became moderate at times from later in the morning and a maximum wind gust of 52 kph.

DDstorm

One of Us
Jul 8, 2019
Tallai QLD,
This would make the 4th wet Friday in a row I think, that is very odd for this time of year.
Funny that this arvo's forecast now has precipitation on... you guessed it, Friday! Anyone interested in the NW cloud band coming in from the Indian Ocean....... again? I understand how these form, by why with such persistence and regularity for this time of year?

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
Funny that this arvo's forecast now has precipitation on... you guessed it, Friday! Anyone interested in the NW cloud band coming in from the Indian Ocean....... again? I understand how these form, by why with such persistence and regularity for this time of year?

That’s what happens when you have a negative phase of the Indian Ocean Dipole like we have now @DDstorm

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
In the afternoon the temperature dropped back to near average after the maximum temperature was reached in the early afternoon and became stable during the afternoon. The temperature became slightly warm and then warm early tonight while falling slowly before falling more quickly during the rest of tonight while easing to near average later tonight and then started to rise late tonight. Dew point was near average from the late morning becoming slightly below average early tonight while falling, then rose slowly early tonight before falling during the rest of tonight close to average.

Relative humidity became slightly below average from the early afternoon while falling and moderately low from early tonight while rising a little slowly From the late afternoon. Later tonight the relative humidity eased to slightly below average before starting to fall late tonight. Light to moderate W winds in the afternoon and easing from later in the afternoon, light NW to SW winds during tonight with some calm winds later tonight before some light W to WSW winds late tonight.

Last 24 hours:
rain 2021-7-24.PNG
temp 2021-7-24.PNG
hum 2021-7-24.PNG
wind dir 2021-7-24.PNG
wind speed 2021-7-24.PNG

Retired Weather Man

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Wynnum North - Brisbane - Queensland

SUNDAY 25 JULY 2021 - TIME 0800

CURRENT TEMPERATURE...16.2C
CURRENT HUMIDITY........51%
CURRENT DEW POINT........6C
CURRENT WIND........W 18Kph
CURRENT VISIBILITY.....40KM
CURRENT PRESSURE..1012.7HpA
CURRENT CLOUD........1/8 Ci
CURRENT WEATHER.....No significant weather.

RAIN SINCE 0900 SATURDAY....0.0mm

SUMMARY LAST 24 HOURS

YESTERDAYS MAX TEMP..........22.3C
THIS MORNING'S MIN TEMP......10.5C
PAST 24 HOURS TEMP ANOMALY..+0.60C
THIS MORNING'S GRASS MIN......8.0C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR DEW POINT......11C
AVERAGE 24 HOUR PRESSURE...1010.3Hpa
PAST 24 HOURS MAX WIND....SW 34Kph at 1129
PAST 24 HOURS SIG.WEATHER...No significant weather.

JULY RAINFALL TO DATE......................70.4mm
2021 RAINFALL TO DATE....................1110.6mm

Nature's Fury

One of Us
Nov 1, 2019
Brisbane (Western Suburbs)
Is anyone else aware that apparently we're going to have purchase a subscription to continue posting on the weather forums from September onward? $6.60 a year if you have more than 500 posts, $11 a year at 1000 and $33 a year at 3000. Really quite disgusted as this seems like a cynical money grab and an invasion of privacy. I can't think of any other discussion forum that require paid subscriptions like this. I'm sure that if people had known this when Weatherzone shut down then there's a high likelihood we never would have migrated to Ski. But now that we're settled and the weather forums are booming the owner decides to cash in.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass