1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

New Snowcams

Discussion in 'Selwyn' started by Oldie, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Oldie

Oldie Hard Yards

Just randomly looking at the snowcams and I see Selwyn has two new cams! They look good! Will they update more regularly during the season? Judging by the time and date on them when I looked a few minutes ago, I guess they will.

Wow, looking at those smooth, clean, grassy slopes, its no wonder that Selwyn can have great skiing on as little as 15cm of fresh. Great grooming! [​IMG]

#1 Oldie, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. SelwynSnowfields

SelwynSnowfields First Runs

Cheers Oldie, we're pretty happy about our new snowcams, one was just not enough. They should be updating once every 10 minutes between 6am and 5pm but I have also noticed they are not updating when they should. I'm sure it's being looked into. I'm not up the mountain until the end of this week so I'll try and get word with what's happening with them.

We sure are lucky with our grassy runs. I've heard rumours from various people on the internet and co-workers that Selwyn was allowed to remove a lot of semi-large rocks and stones where other NSW resorts were not allowed, but I'm sure some of the rocks at Perisher ect wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Hopefully we do get around 20-25cms from this system (plus some snow-making) to have at least New Chum open on Saturday. Two snow-filled opening weekends in a row would be fantastic.

3. Mils

Mils One of Us

Hi,

I don't really know much about snow yet (never actually seen any before!) I am very interested in going to Selwyn Snowfields this long weekend. (11-13th June)

The cams all seem to have no snow on them at all, is there some snow its just not on the cams? Will there be any snow making over this week? Or the wed cold front drops 20cms?

So should we 'wait and see' what happens over this week before booking? As my 1st pick is selwyn but if there isn't any snow I guess its around the other side of the mountain?

Sorry if this sounds retarded I am learning on the run here about it all [​IMG]

Thanks

#3 Mils, Jun 5, 2011
  4. brontski

brontski Hard Yards

I remember when you had the one cam looking down from the visitors centre. It was one of my favourites of all the cams because you could always determine how much snow had fallen because of the bench in the foreground. It was fun watching the bench slowly get swallowed up by the snow during a big dump.

Im not sure the new cams have their heaters turned on. They have been snowed over since this system hit. Im looking forward to seeing whats behind the haze.

Cheers!

5. Mils

Mils One of Us

#5 Mils, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  6. SelwynSnowfields

SelwynSnowfields First Runs

My first day up the mountain and it's incrediable. So hard to believe we are this lucky for the opening weekend, so be sure to come on up. Possibility of having New Chum, Powerline, Township and Racecourse lifts open for access to 100% of the mountain. I will confirm this tomorrow.

7. Miffy

Miffy Addicted

Be great if you guys can keep the snow for a week, I'll be there next weekend for the first time in over 10 years! Cant wait to return to the place i first skied [​IMG]

#7 Miffy, Jun 9, 2011
  8. Megs

Megs Hard Yards

Hey Blinks!!! Happy 2011 season!! Well done matey... it's great that you are doing this for the resort this year!! you've always done a great job at keeping us all up to date!! Can you give the guys looking after the cams a little nudge... They haven't updated in ages and with falls like these we all want to see what's happening up there!!! I hope you guys are making the most of the magic going on up there at the moment!!! Take it easy and see you up there in a couple of weeks!!

9. Mils

Mils One of Us

hit refresh on the cams bud. There is a caching issue with the cameras, I had a look at the code and its some sort of document get function which much cache locally and thus not update.

just hit refresh and all shall be new! [​IMG]

#9 Mils, Jul 6, 2011
  10. Mils

Mils One of Us

well I jinxed it. Refresh won't update them today [​IMG]

#10 Mils, Jul 7, 2011
  11. Megs

Megs Hard Yards

I was already trying that last night... It will be something @ their end ;0) thanks for the idea though!!