1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Next Year at Buller

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Jellybeans, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Jellybeans

Jellybeans not woke enough Ski Pass: Gold

Hey Everyone
    I wanted to see if anyone knows what is happening with maintenance/new infrastructure at Buller for next season? I was at Buller during the week and I ended up skiing on grass at the bottom of the Summit Slide+ Closed in Bull Run bowl and Standard. Any opinions on snowmaking in the future?
    Thanks

2. ladycamper

ladycamper One of Us

Welcome to spring skiing. With recent temps, precipitation can alternate between chance of rain and chance of snow.

3. Snow Dog

Snow Dog One of Us

The development plan has snowmaking introduced down standard, wood run and men's - this makes total sense being on the south side of the mountain and protected the snow would hold for weeks (and relieve the wombat chair pressure). I had heard that the new dam to support this (was it near boggy creek or top of burnt hut?) was planned for last summer but don't know if it has been deferred or binned? I think this is the make or break for Buller - else it becomes a large "Lake Mountain" based on daily bus tourism. [I have done lots at LM and have loved it but Buller is a different kettle of fish with its terrain.]

4. luvthabumps

luvthabumps A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Back in MEL ( with annual trips to the 604 )
    My understanding is that you are correct Snow Dog and I believe it's mostly red tape that is holding it up, not desire or cashflow from BSL. The last I heard (from, so to speak, the horse's mouth) was that they would love to get it running.

Circumstances do change though, so who knows.........

Snow Dog likes this.
  5. skichanger

skichanger A Local Ski Pass: Gold

hey @luvthabumps any idea where ABOM will be this year? Nearly killed me walking up to it last year but it was a good location wrt spectating.

I hear the Canadians are staying out to compete so it could be a great opportunity for people to see some elite skiers.

6. luvthabumps

luvthabumps A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Back in MEL ( with annual trips to the 604 )
    I believe the plan is Chamois, even if they have to truck in extra snow to build the course.

7. Jellybeans

Jellybeans not woke enough Ski Pass: Gold

Thanks everyone
    About the new dam, someone said to me that they are getting rid of boggy creek tbar so a dam can be built. But only a rumour

8. Madski

Madski Hard Yards

I believe that is the case, however they plan is to install a new chair at Grimus which will be a 4 seater.

9. wolly

wolly One of Us

The guns in sham waa have been blazing away. I reckon bumps will be there thus year

10. skichanger

Yeah! and thanks.

11. wolly

wolly One of Us

Already started with the trucks

12. skichanger

Hey thanks. We were just discussing it this morning. I suppose they have interschools the next week which probably needs to be there anyway.