Nice little visit from the RAAF today

Skiain

Addicted
Sep 5, 2002
SE Australia
Pegasus ski lodge has a mounted print taken from an RAAF flyover showing the lodge and Gallows Court mid-winter. I am not sure of the year, but it was several years ago

Reactions: Bogong

teleroo

<\unencrypted>
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Yesterday two fast jets flew over Lake Eucumbene, and today a C-17 transport flew low over Mt Selwyn. To/from Wagga I'm guessing but could be going anywhere. Maybe just a bit of snow jolly.

Luken

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South
www.p1technology.com.au
Yesterday two fast jets flew over Lake Eucumbene, and today a C-17 transport flew low over Mt Selwyn. To/from Wagga I'm guessing but could be going anywhere. Maybe just a bit of snow jolly.
So good seeing RAAF planes at the best of times, but when you least expect it, even better. Saw one of the Roulette's training around Hotham one day years ago, was below ridge level right down the main valley at one stage, then did a few laps around before heading home, was SOOO cool!

Reactions: neilmny and GS

Mtn2Sea

Addicted
Jun 21, 2013
Newcastle
It's funny, I grew up close to Williamtown RAAF base but still look up and admire everytime I see a fast Jet going by.

To see them practicing at low level out near the is very cool.

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
So good seeing RAAF planes at the best of times, but when you least expect it, even better. Saw one of the Roulette's training around Hotham one day years ago, was below ridge level right down the main valley at one stage, then did a few laps around before heading home, was SOOO cool!

Years ago an RAAF jet went howling up the Delatite valley between Mt Stirling and Buller at very low altitude. Everyone looked to where the roar was coming from, until we realised the jet was way further ahead. So cool seeing them that low, must be a real hoot for the pilots

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Was a foreman on the construction site of new Control Tower and Chopper hangers etc at HMAS Albatross. Got a number of dogfight practice viewings. Was also a film crew recording a standing start race with a Porsche. Witnessed a full throttle low level scoot past the Porsche and off over the Budawangs = super impressive .

StuckinQld

One of Us
Jun 28, 2009
Hunter Valley / Newcastle ish
I get to see the Williamtown jets most days as I live very close by (have to stop conversations on the phone sometimes as even inside you cant hear while they do shooting practice), love the element of surprise when you are driving by and a hornet zooms over. I was filling up with fuel one day watching a hornet active for the Avalon airshow. the RAAF put a thing up on their FB page warning Hotham and Thredbo that the C 17 was going to be flying low this week in that area.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
A few years ago, some military aircraft had a sonic boom right over Narby. I thought it was a head-on outside my house and rushed outside to render any assistance I could. Dog were stunned silent - took about 30 secs for them to start barking. Cows in the paddock next door were running every which way. Found out a day later from a farmer what had caused this massive boom. Apparently it was very close to the ground.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass