'No Worries Canyon' -Video

Dangerous Dave

First Runs
Jun 7, 2001
Wherever the Canyons are!!
We had scoped the Canyon a few days earlier, now we had returned with the necessary equipment to 'do this thang'.
When we would peer into the depths of the beast, we would both return with concerned looks... I would jokingly say to Rob-
"Ah, No Worries!"
In reality it turned out to be a bit of a worry..

The water was cold, the waterfalls were angry. There was one moment there that I would call-
'the scariest few seconds of my life'
A short (10m) abseil beside a waterfall that punched into a pool with monster-truck force..
I hit the water, the current was chaotic to say the least. I scrambled to free myself from the pull of the water.. only to realise there was no where to go, very little room to manouever.
I swam as fast as i could toward the far wall. Once against the wall the current moved to my favour, behind me, forcing me away from the boil.. I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short lived.. the water was now pushing me toward the next drop -'the squeeze'
The abseil rope now came into play again, slowing me as I approached the edge.. I scrambled up and onto the tiny ledge.. I wasn't sure if was the extreme cold or extreme shitscared I was feeling, but i was shaking like jelly... I gathered myself and looked ahead.. I was only 1/4 of the way through the corridor.

===
No Worries Canyon - Video
Medium - 50Mb 6min.40sec
Small - 5Mb 3min.10sec
http://www.imageevent.com/bluecanyons/new

cheers'
D.Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001