North Perisher T to Pleasant Valley

bradw

Hard Yards
Sep 9, 2003
Sydney
Hoping someone can help.

Is there a trail to get from the top of the North P T-Bar down into Pleasant Valley? I don't want to ski down to Interceptor mid station.

I'm assuming you'd need to go uphill and left from the top of the T-Bar, and you'd end up somewhere near the Patrol hut at the top of Interceptor. Is it do-able?

Thanks,
Brad.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Hoping someone can help.

Is there a trail to get from the top of the North P T-Bar down into Pleasant Valley? I don't want to ski down to Interceptor mid station.

I'm assuming you'd need to go uphill and left from the top of the T-Bar, and you'd end up somewhere near the Patrol hut at the top of Interceptor. Is it do-able?

Thanks,
Brad.
It is, but as you said there’s an uphill. Have only done it once with my kid when all the lifts went on lightning hold and we needed to get to Blue Cow for a race.

Interceptor is by far the easiest option.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
what @skichic said.
North P t-bar doesn't run all the time. It's usually one of the last to open and first to close as well.
BUT, if there are lines at interceptor, then a quick hike up and around the north p bull wheel and then around to top of the access trail Or through the trees towards the same access trail.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
I do this all the time. If I'm finishing at North P, and want to get back to Perisher, the quickest way for me to do it is go over from the top of north p and down to Pleasant valley, then from the top of there do the high traverse across to mid station area. Much quicker than going via interceptor etc.

You unload from the North Perisher t, and follow the cat track slightly uphill. The safest way to do that is follow the cat track for around 300m, and you then follow the first link down to blue cow.

However, the way I go, I only walk around 50m up the hill, until there is a little clearing, and follow that down through the trees. I've drawn it on this map in yellow. You need to keep heading left, and it brings you out at the bottom of the link. Only do this is you are very confident, there are losts of trees, and creek at the bottom if you go the wrong way. It is not out of bounds though
3BAA7CA1-25CD-4DB0-A011-1F5FB94249C1.jpeg

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
If you want to avoid interceptor, the other option is to do the direct traverse from top of North P across to snowy trails, then down there to either Pretty Valley or Telemark. You turn left at the top of North P and traverse across, keeping as high as possible. This traverse is marked out by patrol as a series of blue marker poles. You need to stay high, spot the next marker pole and make sure you keep high enough for that. If you go too low, you won't make it. Follows a somewhat circuitous loop across the top of north p, under interceptor lift, then across the flats to meet snowy trails just as it heads into the trees.

BTW, I do this relatively frequently, especially when chairs are not running, but don't think I have ever seen any once else do it, apart from patrol. It is one of those trails that seems to defy logic and gravity, and you definitely need to follow the poles, just get a couple of metres too low and you'll be in trouble LOL

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
I do this all the time. If I'm finishing at North P, and want to get back to Perisher, the quickest way for me to do it is go over from the top of north p and down to Pleasant valley, then from the top of there do the high traverse across to mid station area. Much quicker than going via interceptor etc.

You unload from the North Perisher t, and follow the cat track slightly uphill. The safest way to do that is follow the cat track for around 300m, and you then follow the first link down to blue cow.

However, the way I go, I only walk around 50m up the hill, until there is a little clearing, and follow that down through the trees. I've drawn it on this map in yellow. You need to keep heading left, and it brings you out at the bottom of the link. Only do this is you are very confident, there are losts of trees, and creek at the bottom if you go the wrong way. It is not out of bounds though
3BAA7CA1-25CD-4DB0-A011-1F5FB94249C1.jpeg

What’s the bet this is on next years trail map?

Reactions: Jacko4650

easty

One of Us
Jul 1, 1999
NSW Snowy Mountains
If you want to avoid interceptor, the other option is to do the direct traverse from top of North P across to snowy trails, then down there to either Pretty Valley or Telemark. You turn left at the top of North P and traverse across, keeping as high as possible. This traverse is marked out by patrol as a series of blue marker poles. You need to stay high, spot the next marker pole and make sure you keep high enough for that. If you go too low, you won't make it. Follows a somewhat circuitous loop across the top of north p, under interceptor lift, then across the flats to meet snowy trails just as it heads into the trees.

BTW, I do this relatively frequently, especially when chairs are not running, but don't think I have ever seen any once else do it, apart from patrol. It is one of those trails that seems to defy logic and gravity, and you definitely need to follow the poles, just get a couple of metres too low and you'll be in trouble LOL
The trail through the trees you are referring to is Discovery Trails. Snowy Trails is in Happy Valley.

I used to use this route to return back to from North Perisher before interceptor was built.

bradw

Hard Yards
Sep 9, 2003
Sydney
Robbo - that's exactly what I was looking for - thanks.

I'm trying to improve my "Every Lift in a Day" challenge. Before knowing this little gem, I use to have to go back down to Interceptor mid station to get to Brumby (thus using a lift twice).

Reactions: skifree

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
Robbo - that's exactly what I was looking for - thanks.

I'm trying to improve my "Every Lift in a Day" challenge. Before knowing this little gem, I use to have to go back down to Interceptor mid station to get to Brumby (thus using a lift twice).
I don't have it with me at present, but when I can I'll post the route and order of lifts I used to do all lifts in a day, without repeating any lifts. I started at 8:45 and was done sometime after two. The trick is not to do it on a weekend.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using