NOW CLOSED -- June 2021 Forums XF 2.0 Upgrade. File your complaints & bug reports here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
I don’t seem to be seeing alerts for likes and quotes on my iPhone.
They were visible earlier on my desktop computer, and I’ve checked the settings.
Hamburger Button
Screenshot_20210606-025048.png

Bell
Screenshot_20210606-025142.png

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Do you actually have to create something?

Pardon my ignorance, but in said ignorance I'd assume that the custom themes disable the lightning bolt which is a generic XF feature? If that's the case, can the lightning bolt just be un-disabled in the custom themes? And can What's New be configured to show more than 10 posts?

Custom theme comes with it's own entire framework component base. Does not extend/modify the existing.

Screenshot 2021-06-06 063736.png

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
in summary

looking really nice on the desktop
* main bugbear so far is lack of bulleted lists and indent
* assuming twitter not showing will be fixed in time

mobile devices
* waiting patiently for active topics in a single click

I'm missing the indent too. Not sure why those items would be removed unless they moved to an entirely different source code base for the wysiwyg inline editor

Reactions: Chalkie
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
BUG ALERT:
Page down/up tabs send you to either depths of hell or Pergatory, moreover they don’t take you to the last POST of the page, they put you on the footer of the page. Annoying.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
BUG ALERT:
Page down/up tabs send you to either depths of hell or Pergatory, moreover they don’t take you to the last POST of the page, they put you on the footer of the page. Annoying.
Looks like intended behaviour that is annoying rather than actual bug -- so I'll raise with the theme developers.

Reactions: POW Hungry

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
OK, further build on the watched threads topic

When using Watched Threads:
Watched threads appear to correctly show here, just the 'Unread' setting or filter option that is 'missing'

When using Active Topics > Newest Posts
Saved filters
- Unread
- Watched
The threads that are shown here appear to include Watched Threads, PLUS any thread in a Watched Forum.
Previous forum behaviour was that if someone posted a new thread in a watched forum, it would appear in notifications, but wouldn't appear in Unread Watched Threads page. Tested this by going and removing some watched forums, and indeed those threads stopped showing in the Newest Posts with filters. I can see the logic of this approach so is more of a behaviour report than a bug or anything.

I wonder if it would be simplest to enable the thread filters on across the forum (as can be used on the Newest Posts page)?

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Ignored content
Show ignored content at the bottom of the page shows all the ignored content, same as it ever was
Clicking on it in an embedded ignored post used to show just that post. Now it too shows all ignored stuff on the page

chrisj

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Terrigal, Darkinjung country
Can I just clarify?. Is it no longer possible to paste an image directly when posting? Have all those screenshots which people have been posting in this thread from their phones been saved, then uploaded?

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Can I just clarify?. Is it no longer possible to paste an image directly when posting? Have all those screenshots which people have been posting in this thread from their phones been saved, then uploaded?
I don't think that's what he said. You can paste but you have to click the little shadow thing at the bottom of the post to make it stick as an image rather than a link

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
On android tablet, the page selector is good at top and bottom of thread and forum pages. On android phone there is nothing at the top and the theme one at the bottom instead of the style now on tablet

chrisj

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Terrigal, Darkinjung country
I don't think that's what he said. You can paste but you have to click the little shadow thing at the bottom of the post to make it stick as an image rather than a link
If I try to paste from my laptop, nothing happens.

Edit: Nothing happens with Chrome. I just tried it with Firefox and it works.

Edit again: I tried for a second time with Firefox and it has stopped working. WTF?

Edit yet again. It seems it works if you are not toggled into BB Code mode.

Reactions: currawong

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
If I try to paste from my laptop, nothing happens.

Edit: Nothing happens with Chrome. I just tried it with Firefox and it works.

Edit again: I tried for a second time with Firefox and it has stopped working. WTF?

Edit yet again. It seems it works if you are not toggled into BB Code mode.

Please clarify exactly what you are copying.

Are you copying an image

OR

Are you copying a LINK to an image?

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
I’m also noticing content from an ignored member in the weather area, where previously it was blissfully invisible. Now although I can’t read what they’ve written I can see that they’re posting.

Would be great if this could function the same way as before.
This need investigation, it does not make sense that the feature would not work the same as previously.

As a test. Try removing all ignores and then reinstating pls.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
All the angst about ignore feature... LOL

I actually like that it currently shows when an ignored person is quoted. it was confusing when something was quoted - no context. now I'm like "ahhh,.."

If you truly want to ignore a person. seeing they have written 'something' should not make you want to click on it. I have no such issues.I'm im like right - move along.

Last edited:
Reactions: crackson

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
all the angst about ignore feature... LOL

I actually like that it currently shows when and ignore person is quoted. it was confusing when something was quoted - no context. now L'm like ahhh,

If you truly want to ignore a person. seeing they have written 'something' should not make you want to click on it. I have no such issues. im like right - move along.
I consider the ignore function to be an exception. I don't like using it. But in the rare case I need to, I don't even like being reminded they exist. I'll take the confused flow of convo every time thanks.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
I consider the ignore function to be an exception. I don't like using it. But in the rare case I need to, I don't even like being reminded they exist. I'll take the confused flow of convo every time thanks.
Likewise. I've not had need to put anyone on these fora on ignore, so far.

But if I ever need the function, I want it to be equivalent to nuking from space.

But an "Ignore Thread" function is something that I would use occasionally. I suspect that others may too. I've seen from time to time that others are taking time out from the fora for mental health reasons. I wonder whether being able to ignore certain threads or sub-fora, to just see innocuous and interesting threads, would be a viable alternative?

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
You used to be able to paste a URL to twitter or instagram straight into a post. It would then embed the tweet or instagram into the thread.

Now it seems to only post the URL itself. It's that correct? (see below)

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
New system very nice, thanks for the work.
One question: still not possible to set age without birth dates? Still have to use fake date?
As many countries use bithdates as part of id-systems the crooks get a advantage if one shows correct birth info of a person.
Just use a real date like I did.

;)

Reactions: Hyst

aazz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 29, 2012
Hunter Valley, NSW.
I just clicked on 'your content' and most of it is missing. My last few posts are there and then it jumps back to 2017. It seems it has all disappeared?

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne

Love how you randomly grab a cam shot to demonstrate the photo issue, and there he is @Normo Does the man ever take a break:D
Untitled.png

BTW, the ignore member function is not working for me either. I see the complete post of ignored members, with text saying you are ignoring this member, click to see content. Also got a pm post from an ignored member. I only have 2x members on ignore, but it was for a good reason. I would prefer just not to see anything

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
On mobile it's a "3 dots drop down" thingy below your post.

This is a really interesting UX debate. It’s a known in UX circles that the ellipsis dots are not universally understood as a micro-menu - same as the five dots gallery carrousel swipe indicator is ‘not seen’ - and the bias is age related. The older you are the less likely you see these utility elements for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass