1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Nozawa 3yo ski school

Discussion in 'Japan' started by ShaunQuigley, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ShaunQuigley

ShaunQuigley First Runs

I've posted on the Falls Creek thread, the two are related.
    In Jan we are looking at going to Japan, prior to school starting. Nozawa Onsen is an option for us. I am still waiting to hear back from a few hotels since it seems heavily booked.
    If we do get space we would be looking to put both kids (3 and 5) into ski school. The 5 yr old will have skied almost 4 weeks by that time, 3yo will have had (by then) a few days at Falls Creek. Too big a gap I think for them to have a private lesson together. I see that the Nozawaski ski school website says they do do private lessons for 3 yr olds. Has anyone used this before? Any advice/feedback? Any particularly good instructors for kids this age?

thanks
    Shaun

2. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

If you're thinking mid-Jan, fuggedaboutit! A lot of Falls instructors work for Myoko Snowsports so might be worthwhile looking there if nothing turns up for Nozawa

3. ShaunQuigley

ShaunQuigley First Runs

what do you mean, no chance of booking in Jan as too late?

4. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

Yes. I'd say you have zero chance in mid-Jan.

Try Nozawa Holidays. Tell them Nic said to get in touch. They'll tell if there's anything left that will suit your dates.