Nozawa Onsen 2012/13 thread: links, cams, info, etc.

mick chopps

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2006
The barber's chair
Fred76 said:
BobGnarly said:
Nothing like some armchair experts passing judgement from the comfort of their lounge room is there!

If he didnt pass the board up first how would they have got the thing out afterwards?

The dude did great and saved his mate and you guys just want to act like big guns on the net.

My questions still remains though – was it O.O.B? If so, it looks like they had no gear at all
All the other sh1t aside this is the most important point in the whole discussion. If it's OOB and they've got no gear at all. Ignorant at best, completely farking idiotic more likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
mick chopps said:
Fred76 said:
BobGnarly said:
Nothing like some armchair experts passing judgement from the comfort of their lounge room is there!

If he didnt pass the board up first how would they have got the thing out afterwards?

The dude did great and saved his mate and you guys just want to act like big guns on the net.

My questions still remains though – was it O.O.B? If so, it looks like they had no gear at all
All the other sh1t aside this is the most important point in the whole discussion. If it's OOB and they've got no gear at all. Ignorant at best, completely farking idiotic more likely.
lemmings man.

mauricem

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2010
Sunshine Coast
I'm not convinced the whole thing wasn't a setup. Its unlikely, but possible given a few critical gaps in the edit.
And yeah JFK was killed by the CIA who also faked the moon landing;)

Slowpony

Addicted
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2008
Perth Western Australia
Gee Hotsaki after meeting you at Myoko I'm suprised you only had 1 beer after getting home
Alex is right you are a junkie

hotsaki said:
Just got home to Darwin ,its 1.30AM.Wife upset I havent gone to bed.Thought it better to crack a cold one and check the forum.I caught up with FB and Pelm1 and checked out the damaged van and skidoo.No wonder, there is too much snow.(Same at Myoko)Stay away if you dont like deep powder.
Tomorrow I start planning next years trip.Goodnight.Oh by the way got stung $100 by JAL for my skibag.I tore up an extra $100 just for the hell of it!

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
hotsaki said:
If it was O.O.B. back to the great recent Niseko debate re carrying rope in your pack.
seemed to lack pack
yet had go-pro
fair trade off

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Toto Warmlet

One of Us
Sep 2, 2003
Well it could be a fake hey?
Can anyone check its provenence?
I'm phobic for social media outside of the Japan thread and occassionly the snowtalk thingo which I'm now suspecting is just an outreach convo.

FLI355

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2003
in an office thinking about waist deep powder
Pelm1 said:
This happens on a Saturday morning...

wtyq06.jpg

The groomers drag it back up the hill, minus the drivers side front track

2wf62l3.jpg

By Sunday arvo... Japanese extreme mechanics are on the job... The weather is not the best for working on a van.

2namkr4.jpg

I want one of these.

21jrt48.jpg

Only in Japan...

Lucky I wasn't there when this happened I would have felt compelled to try and fix it like the door! By the way how is the door going?

oppositelock

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 14, 2012
Gold Coast
In case some of you haven't seen it, this is a video done by the guy caught in the avi under the Hikage gondola that broke his leg and messed his head up. Turns out he was a pom not a swede as first thought.
[video:vimeo]http://vimeo.com/60812821#at=0[/video] Can't seem to embed the video

Julio

Hard Yards
Nov 13, 2008
This could solve your oversnow transport woes FB

photo.php

apologies, greenhorn when it comes to posting images, any help appreciated

Incider

One of Us
May 20, 2011
After such a great 9 days in Nozawa I guess I owe a TR and some pics to all those that provided advice in the lead up to what was our first Japan trip.

But to be honest, I'm too busy (can't be bothered), so will focus on saying how awesome Sasa Nozawa is! Fat Boy is seriously underselling this joint.

With a fiance who was only learning to ski and happy to only do 2 hrs a day on the slopes I was worried she might get cabin fever. However the great hospitality, facilities and location meant that I was told to "get back out there" everyday!

Apparently now I have raised the bar and the mrs is expecting equal accommodation on future ski trips - going to be a tough promise to keep.

So to Fat Boy (and sasa resident PELM1) thanks for making it a fantastic trip. I would happily recommend Nozawa Onsen and Sasa Nozawa to anyone thinking of going to Japan or anywhere O/S for that matter.

Just waiting on the this years Jetstar 241 sale so that we can lock in dates for next year.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Julio said:
This could solve your oversnow transport woes FB

apologies, greenhorn when it comes to posting images, any help appreciated

23405_567456246612083_226053532_n.jpg

Pelm1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 29, 2009
Perth WA
Incider said:
So to Fat Boy (and sasa resident PELM1) thanks for making it a fantastic trip.

Glad she enjoyed it !!!

Oh and you too.. but try and keep up next time
tongue.gif

DiggerDiggerDiggerDiggerDiggerDigg
smile.gif

Nozawaman

A Local
Nov 7, 2002
Gold Coast/Nozawa Onsen
www.sasa-nozawa.com
Incider said:
After such a great 9 days in Nozawa I guess I owe a TR and some pics to all those that provided advice in the lead up to what was our first Japan trip.

But to be honest, I'm too busy (can't be bothered), so will focus on saying how awesome Sasa Nozawa is! Fat Boy is seriously underselling this joint.

With a fiance who was only learning to ski and happy to only do 2 hrs a day on the slopes I was worried she might get cabin fever. However the great hospitality, facilities and location meant that I was told to "get back out there" everyday!

Apparently now I have raised the bar and the mrs is expecting equal accommodation on future ski trips - going to be a tough promise to keep.

So to Fat Boy (and sasa resident PELM1) thanks for making it a fantastic trip. I would happily recommend Nozawa Onsen and Sasa Nozawa to anyone thinking of going to Japan or anywhere O/S for that matter.

Just waiting on the this years Jetstar 241 sale so that we can lock in dates for next year.

Thanks for the kind words, but it makes it easy to look after nice people .

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass