Storm NSW/ACT/SE Qld - Showers and Storms January 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormkite2000

One of Us
Jan 1, 2020
Velocity showing no potential developing funnel meso's. And dbz are not in the range. Just a note in S-H hooks and bows present clockwise.

Selection_284.png

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
Camden storm now labelled “very dangerous” on BOM warning map.

Detailed warning for DAMAGING, LOCALLY DESTRUCTIVE WINDS, LARGE, POSSIBLY GIANT HAILSTONES and HEAVY RAINFALL for Branxton, Camden and Illawarra storms.

It’s clouded over here and cooled down. I can hear distant thunder - probably the cell passing to the North - Hornsby & Terrey Hills.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BrightSide

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2019
It's moved in. The sky is very dark to the south, thunder is almost constant, and we're getting big rain drops.

connells

One of Us
I'm at work in the city and watching that cell smash through Belrose - Brookvale. Hoping to not get home to damage in Beacon Hill.

Looking west from the CBD there is a cloud free section that appears to show the air laden with dust. Or maybe smoke.
Is this our next topsoil delivery that was picked up yesterday?

bondibob

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2015
Curly
Despite the Terrey Hills Radar dialed up and hyper-sensative, Oatley/Sutherland Shire is about to get smashed.
Keep missing dee why! Bit of rain but not much else unfortunately

glad I checked this forum and got out of canberra at 11:30... might have been messy in the car

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
Strange at work today at Baulkham Hills.
A short, sharp shower with about 100 drops and about 20 pieces of pea sized hail at about 12.00 pm.
Then, nothing for the rest of the day. It all went either north or south. We were in the hole of the doughnut.
Some audible thunder about 2.30 - 3.00 pm from the northern cell, and that was it.
Fascinating reading of all the other cells. Hope everyone is ok and unscathed.
That cell in the south atm looks like a terror.

BrightSide

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2019
Just had an intense hail storm pass through the Sutherland Shire. Multiple flangs. Some traffic lights are out. It was very lumpy pieces of hail.

Attachments

• Hail stones 1.jpg
    Hail stones 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 6

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
Here’s the back end of a small cell that suddenly popped into existence and moved across the North Shore. Thunder, lightning and big-drop showers but no wind or hail.

Note the colour of the sky - I dialled down brightness and dialled up contrast but didn’t adjust colour. That odd shade of blue-grey. Maybe dust rather than smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass