Day to Day NSW / ACT weather

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Long Road Home

One of Us
Aug 7, 2020
I'll take lockdown over this, at least you can go for a walk. You can't even leave the house without getting soaked. Hasn't stopped for about 23 hours

Yogurt_FreeZone

One of Us
Dec 28, 2020
St George, Sydney Metro
Tbh.
I enjoy my walks along the beach in either fantastic weather, or real grim wet weather.
The middle weather is the most uninspiring.
Cronulla is currently real grim.
Wet and windy.
Cockies don’t give a shit.

471BF20F-95DC-4FCC-A7EA-D592F6153642.jpeg
5745DB6E-4B14-45E6-93F9-2A93C78587FE.jpeg

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
The current wet spell might be approaching “event” status in our part of the world. Sydney has received 72 mm since the rain re-started early Monday, and might crack 100 mm tomorrow. We get a break on the weekend before the showers return. The pattern of onshore winds, mild temperatures, high humidity and mostly cloudy and showery conditions looks set to persist indefinitely.

Long Road Home

One of Us
Aug 7, 2020
The current wet spell might be approaching “event” status in our part of the world. Sydney has received 72 mm since the rain re-started early Monday, and might crack 100 mm tomorrow. We get a break on the weekend before the showers return. The pattern of onshore winds, mild temperatures, high humidity and mostly cloudy and showery conditions looks set to persist indefinitely.
Our house will never get finished at this rate. They were supposed to take off the destroyed roof this week but due to rain now delay. And they don't work over the weekends while it's now gonna be fine and sunny - go figure. Such luck.
Almost 5 months since the microburst

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

cumulus-wx

Hard Yards
Jan 27, 2020
60mm here in Wanniassa, Southern Canberra, over the last 2 days, very good drop for May, traditionally our driest month. DP of 16 here atm, thats high for any time of year here but crazy for May. Looking ahead the models are hinting at another event next weekend, never ending.

Nick

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
Amazed at how warm and humid it feels today.

Indeed it does. Same here in Sydney.

What's the go with the BoM's 9.42 am update?

Sydney area​

Mostly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Light winds.

WTF?

Taken 5 minutes ago at about 2.45 pm.
Mostly cloudy my arse!!

View out the front. Looking west.

1652504063117.jpeg

View out the back looking east.

1652504119204.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve777 and Wavey

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
It's another warm night here. About the same as last night- 20 degrees but a lot lower humidity and windy. 23 and sunny expected tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that.

Surprised to not see any pics on here of the amazing sunset tonight. Saw some awesome ones on Facebook. I wish I had gone to a good vantage point as we have a very limited view to the western sky with the escarpment being so close so missed most of the vibrant colours (the sun currently sets at around 3:30pm here).

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
Big couple of weeks for work starts next week. Outdoor events and interstate and overseas visitors.
I see Sydney's weather fully intends to take a huge dump on it all.

I expect it will be the same through the entire vivid date range.
Actually looks pretty good after the 25th-26th. Extended GFS has been showing at least a week of westerlies for the last few model runs up until at least June 2nd. Looks like the winds will be pretty strong too which I usually would hate but it's exactly what we need right now to dry things out.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass