Day to Day NSW / ACT weather

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
You nailed it.
I've had re-employ myself today
And you'll have to fire yourself tomorrow when it rains again.

Got a long way to go if it wants to get to 24-25°C today. But the cloud is starting to clear over the Southern Highlands so will clear in Sydney in the next couple of hours. A beautiful day coming up after a slow start.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Long Road Home

One of Us
Aug 7, 2020
4 centered monster

IDY00030.202208030600.png

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
Lines of storms are moving across the State, fizzling out at they reach the Divide. There’s been some rainfall inland, reaching the South Coast. Falls are heaviest in the SE quadrant, over 25 mm at some sites in the Snowys and ACT, 14 mm in Canberra.

Warm and overcast here. Still chilly indoors. The building, or the shady side at least, reacts on a scale of weeks, not days, to temperature cycles.

Reactions: AshestoAshes

Eddy

One of Us
Jul 4, 2019
Port Stephens
And you'll have to fire yourself tomorrow when it rains again.

Unfortunately not going to happen, I should be able get most jobs done before the rains arrive. Although I did try to have yesterday arvo off as that cloud cleared, but the boss was an A-hole!!

Already quite mild this morning despite the cloud. Currently 19.5c.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ecowain

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Apr 14, 2003
Mount Victoria, NSW
Unpleasantly warm, wet and windy in the upper blue mtns. Driving rain from the north (the only direction that causes leaks in our roof).

Bizarrely we had no leaking during the several hundred mm a month ago. Different direction.

Warrie2.0

Early Days
Feb 28, 2022
B1 v B2 - both dry till 4 pm. Just a zephyr v a solid gale.
B1 = Bankstown - Northerly 13 with gusts to 24. B2= Bellambi also N at 67 gusts to 82. The GDR has effectively wrung out the precipitation leaving the Sydney coast dry.

Last edited:

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
B1 v B2 - both dry till 4 pm. Just a zephyr v a solid gale.
B1 + Bankstown Northerly 13 with gusts to 24. B2= Bellambi also N at 67 gusts to 82. The GDR has effectively wrung out the precipitation leaving the Sydney coast dry.

Its been raining in the illawarra since around 12pm.
Got a bit heavy at 3.

strange it didn't register.

Reactions: whether and Homer

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
Rain started here about an hour ago.
Light at first, but rather steady (to moderately heavy) at the moment. It was a long time coming. The radar has been such a tease today!
Temp has dropped to 17.2, after reaching at top of 21.5 just after 2 pm.
It was 18.2 when I got up at 5.30 this morning!!
I rather like days like today. Very moody skies and great cloud formation at times.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Yowie9644

Hard Yards
May 26, 2010
Horsley, NSW, Australia
Its been raining in the illawarra since around 12pm.
Got a bit heavy at 3.

strange it didn't register.
Although indoors, the office in Port Kembla has tin roof and a window - I didn't really notice any heavy rain nor significant wind today. Only got a bit breezy when I got home to Horsley, and even then its not really worthy of a true "Spring Gale".

Reactions: Homer and Eddy

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Although indoors, the office in Port Kembla has tin roof and a window - I didn't really notice any heavy rain nor significant wind today. Only got a bit breezy when I got home to Horsley, and even then its not really worthy of a true "Spring Gale".
Yeah I went to Fairy Meadow today. Was completely different to Woonona.

Winds are crazy gusty. It just blew the lid cap off my chimney !

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
Seems to be very localised, no other AWS in the Illawarra has got past 60km/h. It's mostly going over the top of us at Keiraville but there's been a handful of very strong gusts. It's actually swinging around as a NE'ly here which feels very bizarre.

Reactions: Donza and Homer

AshestoAshes

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Voyager Point NSW
A very whacky wild winter, had mosquitoes outside my front door today. Despite the 18-degree start to the day, people on the train dressed for a sub 10-degree morning.
-------
Looks like minimums bottomed out in late June; 400mms tends to do the trick. But the sustained rise in maximums is mostly likely going to continue. As is the norm in August, prefrontal 20+ degree days will feature more heavily.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.26.40 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.26.52 pm.png

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
Canberra has an “event total” of 78 mm (August 1-5). During the same period Perisher has had 153 mm. I expect that most of that would have been rain, given how warm it’s been.

Sydney’s had just 1 mm this week. There’s blue sky about, the Sun’s trying to break through. There’s a cloud band passing longways over Sydny’s North, but it’s slowly shifting Northwards. It’ll be sunny soon and once again maybe we can add 2° to the forecast.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using