NSW snow vs VIC snow

Matt.D

Hard Yards
Feb 13, 2003
Millgrove
Having snowboarded mostly in Canada at Sunshine, Norquay, Fernie, Mt Seymour & Whistler and a little here in Vic at Buller & no I haven't boarded in NSW so I'm not getting into that argument, I must say that there is nothing worse than cruising down a run while its snowing lightly and then you see a blardy man made snow gun going off creating this patch of porridge in the middle of the run and when you go over it, its like your board suddenly grew its own brakes!

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Well now Matt.D, you really need to ski NSW, even the man made snow in Vic, cant compare to a heavy frost, or frozen fog in NSW, let alone the beautiful, thigh deep, man made powder we get there.

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
telecrag said:
Well now Matt.D, you really need to ski NSW, even the man made snow in Vic, cant compare to a heavy frost, or frozen fog in NSW, let alone the beautiful, thigh deep, man made powder we get there.

Claudia....

Last edited by a moderator:

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Who is Claudia? Is she hot? Did she realise, without ever skiing anywhere else in the world, that NSW has the best? Did she come from a position of carefully nurtured ignorance, with a burning desire to share her complete, and utter, lack of knowledge?

Skiing somewhere else, would be like cheating on your wife, and possibly discovering that she is not that great in the sack. How do you go on from that?

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
telecrag said:
Who is Claudia? Is she hot? Did she realise, without ever skiing anywhere else in the world, that NSW has the best? Did she come from a position of carefully nurtured ignorance, with a burning desire to share her complete, and utter, lack of knowledge?

Claudia_Schiffer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Squidly

One of Us
Jun 4, 2004
TAS
As an outsider (Tassy) thats skiied at all the big island resorts (vic and nsw), I can say there's not much in it if you compare similar elevations. But the ski areas at the higher elevations in NSW does create a better skiing product, with a bit more snow depth, reliability and quality. That said weather different systems favour different mountains and there could be quite a variation in snow conditions, particularly in the first half of the season or late.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass