Found NTN tech toe boots in 27 or 27.5 and in 25.5 or 26

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Dear gear hoarders, does anyone have NTN boots with toe inserts that are excess to requirements? I have bindings on the way and ski blanks to put them on but no NTN boots yet. Also looking for a pair for my better half so she can try NTN too and see if she wants to cross over from 75mm. Cheers Gents and Ladies. May the white stuff be under your feet soon and may it be dry...ish. PS I'm in the SARS-CoV-2 capital of Australia - Melbourne - and I am travelling to Falls Creek next week.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
I went to EMC yesterday to buy some at full retail from Doug with the bonus of boot fitting and heat moulding etc for the life of the boot. Their bulk delivery finally came in. After trying the 28.0 shell and comparing it to the fit of a 27.0 shell in a T2 Eco boot we concluded that the 27.0 shell is the better fit. The 28s were a bit too big. Unfortunately he didn't get any TX Pro boots in a 27.0 shell in what was an incomplete delivery. So I'll still consider a used boot to get going next week.

Reactions: Chaeron

El Diablo

Hard Yards
Jun 28, 2002
Snowy Mountains
I went to EMC yesterday to buy some at full retail from Doug with the bonus of boot fitting and heat moulding etc for the life of the boot. Their bulk delivery finally came in. After trying the 28.0 shell and comparing it to the fit of a 27.0 shell in a T2 Eco boot we concluded that the 27.0 shell is the better fit. The 28s were a bit too big. Unfortunately he didn't get any TX Pro boots in a 27.0 shell in what was an incomplete delivery. So I'll still consider a used boot to get going next week.

@Goski you can confidently contact @Wilderness Sports who have a number of these available in size you are looking for and for those "locked down" a reminder that we also (as we do with many products) Have a Demo fleet to "try before you buy"
see https://www.wildernesssports.com.au...os=2&_sid=28320af2c&_ss=r&variant=34091168257

Constant updates to our website but don't be shy as you can call and speak to humans as we appreciate the contact and connection with our community.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
I've got a pair of scarpas pros in 26.5. Worn about 30 days until I broke my ankle and went back to real skiing.
Thanks @Snow Blowey
Great chatting to you yesterday on the way up to Falls. We're aki touring instead of using our Epic passes which I'll sadly csncel tonight. With a lot of luck I may get to try my new NTN rig in September

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
@Goski you can confidently contact @Wilderness Sports who have a number of these available in size you are looking for and for those "locked down" a reminder that we also (as we do with many products) Have a Demo fleet to "try before you buy"
see https://www.wildernesssports.com.au...os=2&_sid=28320af2c&_ss=r&variant=34091168257

Constant updates to our website but don't be shy as you can call and speak to humans as we appreciate the contact and connection with our community.
Thanks ☺
I'll see how the boots from Snow Blowey go first and I hope to drop in to WS in Seotember.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
If you know your size you can also see if Pete Cranage at Snow Trek and Travel in Wodonga has stock. He mails out. He also does a great job of fitting.

I transferred easily from T2X in MP 27.0 to TX Pro in the same size. (Between these the flex is softer in the NTNs; how that works for you depends on your bindings and your preferences. I found it a revelation to be able to properly weight the ball of the foot on the upper ski).

Reactions: Chaeron

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
If you know your size you can also see if Pete Cranage at Snow Trek and Travel in Wodonga has stock. He mails out. He also does a great job of fitting.

I transferred easily from T2X in MP 27.0 to TX Pro in the same size. (Between these the flex is softer in the NTNs; how that works for you depends on your bindings and your preferences. I found it a revelation to be able to properly weight the ball of the foot on the upper ski).
Thanks @Ziggy . That's encouraging for me getting into Snow Blowey's boots. I'll do a homebake of the liners in the kitchen oven to get the right shape for my deformed right ankle. Then mount the many-holed Meidjos onto the virgin ski blanks and then.....wait to be able to use it all somewhere. I'll still keep a lookout for some smaller boots for my wife. Her priority is a lighter 75mm touring boot but there's always room for more boots to try.

Reactions: Ziggy

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
"...real skiing..."? People are going to allow SB to get away with that? I know a broken ankle is a setback and all, but still...

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
"...real skiing..."? People are going to allow SB to get away with that? I know a broken ankle is a setback and all, but still...
We persistent long-term Telemarkers have thick skins...due to all those gaps between washing on multi-day ski tours. I'm happy to let SB enjoy the "real" skiing coz I'll hopefully be enjoying the fit and use of his "unreal" ski boots.

Reactions: Chaeron and skifree

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Humor aside, @chriscross @Ziggy and @Snow Blowey, getting injured from a failure of a tele binding to release when an alpine binding likely would have is an understandable reason to move away from the tele mode. My own busted ankles came from my ice axe not making ingress into the ice I was sliding fast on, not from tele skiing, but I've largely gone with the Meidjo for the release advantage it has over the attractive 22 Designs NTN offerings. Reducing the risk of another crippling injury is pretty attractive to me these days. Touch wood (TMI).

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
@Snow Blowey the boots arrived Saturday. Very well packaged. Initial fit seems like they will work ☺ I'll heat the liners up in the afternoon when feet are usually a bit bigger and see if I can make some space around the bulbous bit on the inside if my right ankle. Then wait 6 weeks or until we're allowed to leave Melbourne and head to Buller to give the new NTN rig a go.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Did the home heating in the kitchen oven two nights ago at 100 degrees celcius. I made a toe cap with duct tape and the toes of two old socks. Made a pad to tape over my right ankle's sensitive, battered and bulbous medial malleolous so it could get a pocket for it. I did the buckles up fairly tight to gain a bit more room (tighter buckling compresses the liner foam which countrr intuitively leaves more room when it cools, or so I read from several sources). Or maybe it helps by allowing the foam to pack out into a slight space between it and the shell). Did the liners one at a time - only room for 1 bun in the oven plus no rush andI I used my fitted footbeds from ny Excursions and a right heel lift to get 5 degrees of assistance for the stiff right ankle.
Boots seem to be fitting okay ☺. At least in the lounge which has a 0 deg pitch.
I stood on an incline board to help me keep forward pressure on the liner tounge to help fit it to my shinbone while the cooling happened. Youtube is a good guide for this sort of stuff.

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Burnt Downs, Blue Mtns, 1100M.
Did the home heating in the kitchen oven two nights ago at 100 degrees celcius. I made a toe cap with duct tape and the toes of two old socks. Made a pad to tape over my right ankle's sensitive, battered and bulbous medial malleolous so it could get a pocket for it. I did the buckles up fairly tight to gain a bit more room (tighter buckling compresses the liner foam which countrr intuitively leaves more room when it cools, or so I read from several sources). Or maybe it helps by allowing the foam to pack out into a slight space between it and the shell). Did the liners one at a time - only room for 1 bun in the oven plus no rush andI I used my fitted footbeds from ny Excursions and a right heel lift to get 5 degrees of assistance for the stiff right ankle.
Boots seem to be fitting okay ☺. At least in the lounge which has a 0 deg pitch.
I stood on an incline board to help me keep forward pressure on the liner tounge to help fit it to my shinbone while the cooling happened. Youtube is a good guide for this sort of stuff.
Kick them on the car tyre for 20 minutes and then skin around the backyard turf for 2 hours listening to the Buzzcocks.

Reactions: Goski and Chaeron
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass