Advice needed Nunatak Skaha Pullover How much overfill?

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Moondog55, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 Dedicated Member

I am selling my big duvet because it is too small for my new and improved body

http://forums.ski.com.au/xf/threads/mountain-designs-everest-down-parka-xl.74593/#post-3333098
    Nunatak in the USA is one of the few brands selling an XXL that will actually fit me over midlayers and they offer an overfill option
    I am having a hard time deciding on how much extra down to have stuffed into one.
    I'm asking here in case any members have owned one and used it O/S in cold conditions.
    I need less warmth than the parka I am replacing but a lot warmer than something from Uniqlo [ which I do have] because I will be using it as part of my sleeping system for a Canadian /Alaskan winter

2. Moondog55

Moondog55 Dedicated Member

Well after I could wait no longer I've orderd my XXL with 5 ounces extra.
    That is very slightly more than 50% taking the down fill to 14 ounces or 400 grams.
    I'm wondering how 400 grams of 800Fp down will compare to 650 grams of 650 FP, that being how the Everest duvet I am selling is stuffed
    A seriously expenzive garment with all the options added, I am going to have to sell the tadpoles into slavery or take out a second mortage on the wife

tele-whippet likes this.