NZ pause all quarantine free travel with Australia for 3 days

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Sigh, not the best time to do it and they aren't excluding states that aren't really covid crazy at the moment. It's closed until Tuesday night :(

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
I am surprised Qld have no hard border on NSW at the moment considering the premier's past history on it or is it because there is a major sporting event on.

Zimbooo

One of Us
Nov 20, 2017
I am surprised Qld have no hard border on NSW at the moment considering the premier's past history on it or is it because there is a major sporting event on.

Announcement Tomoz I reckon, for introduction after event...........of course based on health advice.

Zimbooo

One of Us
Nov 20, 2017
I just found it a couple of months ago. Sooooo good.
$5 bucks a can as single or Six pack for $24.
I'm enjoying one a day before cooking dinner.......tastes like a classic ginger beer, no sickly alcoholic premix taste.
They nailed it. IMO

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 7.58.57 pm.png

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
I'm enjoying one a day before cooking dinner.......tastes like a classic ginger beer, no sickly alcoholic premix taste.
They nailed it. IMO

Disappointed its not in glass,

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
They nailed it. IMO

Will keep an eye out as big fan of ginger beer

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
So it is said that the NZ Government will make further announcements on Monday on whether they will continue the pause or add extra measures like pre-departure covid testing for all flights. Cross fingers for all involved that it is only a small delay - well for anyone outside NSW. Unfortunately NSW residents have had their whole holiday wiped at this stage :(

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
So it is said that the NZ Government will make further announcements on Monday on whether they will continue the pause or add extra measures like pre-departure covid testing for all flights. Cross fingers for all involved that it is only a small delay - well for anyone outside NSW. Unfortunately NSW residents have had their whole holiday wiped at this stage :(
Not sure you can delay Chunky
We're booked Weds am out of Brisbane too
Flights accommodation and cars aren't easy to come by and will be already booked forward by others
If they want testing what's the quickest result anyone has had?Presumably no quicker than 24 hrs and up to 3 days?
Kids are devastated of course.(I can't remember the last case the Gold Coast had but anyway we knew it was always a risk)
I have to work tomorrow but I'd seriously considered changing my flights to yesterday(Saturday) because I could feel this coming on
Shoulda woulda coulda

Uncle Rico

Hard Yards
Apr 4, 2019
Just received Qantas notice for cancelled flight on Tuesday. Said they are working through alternatives. Hindsight, should have flown out yesterday but would probably be concerned about getting home if travel pause is extended.

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
Just received Qantas notice for cancelled flight on Tuesday. Said they are working through alternatives. Hindsight, should have flown out yesterday but would probably be concerned about getting home if travel pause is extended.
Yes-I guess they wouldn't be flying too many empty planes to QT to fish us out
Would QANTAS even do that?

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Flights accommodation and cars aren't easy to come by and will be already booked forward by others
If they want testing what's the quickest result anyone has had?Presumably no quicker than 24 hrs and up to 3 days?
Kids are devastated of course.(I can't remember the last case the Gold Coast had but anyway we knew it was always a risk)
I have to work tomorrow but I'd seriously considered changing my flights to yesterday(Saturday) because I could feel this coming on
Shoulda woulda coulda
I know this is all conjecture at the moment but if they restored access for Queenslanders I wonder if our flights will stand.

Reactions: Uncle Rico

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Shoulda woulda coulda
4cyte have clinics for overseas travellers but they whack you $120 to $180 each to get a result in 24 hours. There is a drive through supposedly open today at Highgate Hill.

Reactions: MisterMxyzptlk

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
4cyte have clinics for overseas travellers but they whack you $120 to $180 each to get a result in 24 hours. There is a drive through supposedly open today at Highgate Hill.
Yes.My son is all over this as you can imagine!LOLUnfortunately nothing on the GC but open in the morning.(Doubt the lab would be doing runs today anyway.)He wanted to do the Qld Health drive through but I told him you can't say you have symptoms to get it done then deny you have had symptoms when you front the airline!And no guarantee results will be back before Weds morning.
Will toss up whether to spend $500 on testing tomorrow morning on the off chance they won't extend the pause
Will probably know by 8.30 tomorrow anyway if NZ is makes an announcement at 1030 their time

Reactions: chunky

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
It's funny-the boys are obviously super upset but I suspect I'm more!
There's only so many family kid ski holidays in a lifetime and I'm nearing the backend as they get older:(
Will be forever thankful we took the month in Japan l Dec19-Jan20 just before it all went to shite
(and when they still thought I was the Australian ThovexLOL)

Uncle Rico

Hard Yards
Apr 4, 2019
It's funny-the boys are obviously super upset but I suspect I'm more!
There's only so many family kid ski holidays in a lifetime and I'm nearing the backend as they get older:(
Will be forever thankful we took the month in Japan l Dec19-Jan20 just before it all went to shite
(and when they still thought I was the Australian ThovexLOL)
Mate you are echoing my sentiments exactly. This would have been one of the last ski holidays before the kids start leaving the nest. Glad I've done plenty of previous trips but still gutted

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Hoping they might make travel exemptions if you're fully vaxxed (which I am) by then too as I have my annual SZkifari booked
If they do make that change I’ll have to bring my second vax forward as I’m booked to have it the day after I arrive back home.

Reactions: Uncle Rico

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Feeling sorry for everyone whose plans have been trashed by the latest situation.

Reactions: Kimski

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Out of curiosity are the free covid tests able to be used for flights overseas for proof of being negative or do you have to pay for those ones that give you a report? Or are you just paying to speed it up?

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Ardern says....
This morning the Prime Minister defended the bubble pause, saying it was necessary to protect New Zealand's own freedoms and give time to put in place pre-departure screening.

And she revealed each traveller would be required to pay for the pre-departure test.
Is this for aussie travelers? First I have heard regarding pre depart test..

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Ardern says....
This morning the Prime Minister defended the bubble pause, saying it was necessary to protect New Zealand's own freedoms and give time to put in place pre-departure screening.

And she revealed each traveller would be required to pay for the pre-departure test.
Is this for aussie travelers? First I have heard regarding pre depart test..
Yeah all the links I have seen via Qld Health to QML or 4cyte have an international travellers link and it's all paying for it hence why I asked if the free one is sufficient.

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
This is off NZ health web site...
Pre-departure testing is required for travellers arriving into New Zealand from any country other than Australia, Antarctica and most Pacific Islands.
It may change but at this stage no test is required, as it reads today.

ScottGN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 14, 2010
Tāmaki Makaurau - Auckland
$120 per person
Can't imagine they will be reinstating travel Wednesday
Maybe 2 weeks if zero Qld cases I reckon ...with a test
Cabinet is meeting today to decide what to do about the bubble. But yes it’s hard to see them reinstating it immediately with so much uncertainty around how much Delta is now circulating in Australia.
It looks like we’ve got mandatory indoor mask wearing and Covid tracing app use on the way too.

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
The COVID-19 Response Minister and Director-General of Health will reveal at 1pm whether Wellington will shift down alert levels and if quarantine-free travel will resume with some Australian states.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass