NZ pause all quarantine free travel with Australia for 3 days

Kimski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2010
Things don’t look good for those coming from NSW but fingers crossed at least Qld folk can make it over the ditch.

Reactions: chunky

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Things don’t look good for those coming from NSW but fingers crossed at least Qld folk can make it over the ditch.
Were going to organise our ski bags this weekend, not pack but just make sure we have everything. Im still hoping. But I dont like the chances of our southern friends. :(

Reactions: chunky and Kimski

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
NSW are out of control. Bet they wished they clamped down earlier. I wouldn't mind a hard border with all of NSW to give us a better shot at getting across from Qld.

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
NSW are out of control. Bet they wished they clamped down earlier. I wouldn't mind a hard border with all of NSW to give us a better shot at getting across from Qld.
I actually hope they do because it would force the Governments hand to recreate the Border Bubble which the NZ Government "might" (clutching at straws) take into account into deciding who can come and go
Would make my life much worse day to day but anything for a ski

Reactions: chunky

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
I agree, Im also thinking the $150 x 2 for a covid test is good insurance from someone infected getting on our flight, which would really be a f up

nz2021

First Runs
Jul 22, 2021
just heard something on the news nz ministers meeting to consider closing to all of aus
They would be pretty stupid to do that last day of school holidays + everyone needs a pre depature test before leaving even in states with low cases (QLD)

expatgm

One of Us
Aug 4, 2014
Queenstown

Kimski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2010

Kimski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2010
And I’ve just got a cancellation email from Jetstar.

At least I can (hopefully) get a refund and it puts me out of my misery. The flights were returning through Sydney anyway which I did not want so I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Just seen that the only flight that got cancelled was the Adelaide to Melbourne one. You’d think that would be the one still going ahead! (probably not enough customers at the moment to run their usual amount of flights I guess.)

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
And I’ve just got a cancellation email from Jetstar.

At least I can (hopefully) get a refund and it puts me out of my misery. The flights were returning through Sydney anyway which I did not want so I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Just seen that the only flight that got cancelled was the Adelaide to Melbourne one. You’d think that would be the one still going ahead! (probably not enough customers at the moment to run their usual amount of flights I guess.)

which is weird as I got an email today from Qantas suggesting I could put in a bid to upgrade to business class. I think they are suffering from their staff shortages and are well behind on all fronts.

Kimski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2010
which is weird as I got an email today from Qantas suggesting I could put in a bid to upgrade to business class. I think they are suffering from their staff shortages and are well behind on all fronts.

I’ll count it as a win. About the only one I’ve had this week!

Hope you still get to go on your trip Heinz.

Ecstatic

Hard Yards
Oct 30, 2017
There's really only two avenues left to get into NZ now. PER-AKL and HOB-AKL....

Can't imagine it's worth the risk in NZ given the very few flights available.

expatgm

One of Us
Aug 4, 2014
Queenstown
Kiwis have 0 cases of Delta running around in the wild.
We have heaps.
It's as infectious AF.
And that’s the way we want to keep it. Maybe Scotty should have put his foot down earlier and done something on a national level instead of leaving it to the states. If that was possible. Anyway as much as I miss oz and my life style from 20 years ago right now I feel like I’m on the most safe place on the planet.

Reactions: Dumphfish

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
And that’s the way we want to keep it. Maybe Scotty should have put his foot down earlier and done something on a national level instead of leaving it to the states. If that was possible. Anyway as much as I miss oz and my life style from 20 years ago right now I feel like I’m on the most safe place on the planet.
Sadly Scotty was never a fan of lockdowns.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Yes clearly. Did you wait until the second she made the announcement before sending that

I was just tuned into Jacinta's news conference and was first with the bad news. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Guess I won't be catching up with @Heinz either this winter. Might have to twist his arm about Europe when we can go. Turn his virtual tour into a real one ;)

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
I was just tuned into Jacinta's news conference and was first with the bad news. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Guess I won't be catching up with @Heinz either this winter. Might have to twist his arm about Europe when we can go. Turn his virtual tour into a real one ;)

won't need too much arm twisting. I am very keen to get back to Austria once this shit show starts to get sorted. Sadly not expecting it to be any time soon. It's not a race apparently :mad:

singlefin

Hard Yards
Aug 9, 2019
won't need too much arm twisting. I am very keen to get back to Austria once this shit show starts to get sorted. Sadly not expecting it to be any time soon. It's not a race apparently :mad:
Gutted for you guys but if it helps at least one of the heli companies is planning to run into mid October this year. Probably not enough but there’s a chance.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums