New Zealand NZ Predictions & Observations 2017

soza

One of Us
Jun 15, 2013
Tawonga South
Hutt are extending until the end of October.....only quad chair and terrain parks open for a spring freestyle deal of $180... Includes sone coaching each day. Was tempted but not really a park rider.....just happy to know the road will be open to go up and hike some runs.

Centago

One of Us
May 20, 2008
Having observed much of the season from afar, I think the Queenstown ski areas coped pretty well with the lack of precip this season. Shows the value of their snowmaking systems - particularly at Coronet Peak, although bugger all people seem to go there anymore. Thankfully no significant warm and wet events came through during July/August to wash away the snow they had. The impression I get from friends was that it was a shocker season for weekend warriors, most of the settled weather was mid-week. The overall lack of snow during the season seems to be showing through now, with a rapid loss of snowpack around Qtown (based off webcams anyway). That said, you don't have to travel too far to find heaps of snow - still looks loaded around Whare Kea.

Draizuh

One of Us
Jul 29, 2012
Wakatipu
www.splitboardnz.com
They were offering Park passes for 2 weeks for like 250 bucks, only needed to sell like 300 to make it happen too. there is training for Olympic athletes up there for atleast the next two weeks, would imagine the same at cardrona.

Centago

One of Us
May 20, 2008
Current dry spell has reached 24 days in Queenstown. Longest since 2014. Rain forecast overnight Friday/Sat morn so dry spell likely to end at 26 days, which would be 10th-equal longest dry spell on record there.

Should be a warm one for inland Otago and Mackenzie Basin today and tomorrow, with temps reaching mid-high 20s. Could well be near-record high temps for October observed in these parts. I think absolute records are under threat in Wanaka (current Oct record 26.5C), Twizel (current record 26.8C) and Tekapo (current record 26.1C).

ScottGN

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 14, 2010
Tāmaki Makaurau - Auckland
Metservice is now forecasting the snow level to lower to about 300m asl from Mackenzie southwards. The northern motorway in Dunedin may get about 10cms overnight tonight. Milford Road has already closed in anticipation of heavy snow at the summit. Crazy stuff.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Draizuh

One of Us
Jul 29, 2012
Wakatipu
www.splitboardnz.com
Metservice is now forecasting the snow level to lower to about 300m asl from Mackenzie southwards. The northern motorway in Dunedin may get about 10cms overnight tonight. Milford Road has already closed in anticipation of heavy snow at the summit. Crazy stuff.
Put some frost cloth over the spuds tonight with a bit of timber supporting it, just incase it does snow a bit down here. Bloody glad i havent planted out a lot of summer stuff yet, might lose some more corn seedlings though!

Reactions: ScottGN

ScottGN

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 14, 2010
Tāmaki Makaurau - Auckland
Put some frost cloth over the spuds tonight with a bit of timber supporting it, just incase it does snow a bit down here. Bloody glad i havent planted out a lot of summer stuff yet, might lose some more corn seedlings though!
I haven't put much out in the garden yet either Draizuh, mostly due to being away rather than any clever planning. I took a punt that the spuds will be fine and luckily there aren't any frosts in the forecast (yet). Snow last night looks to have settled to about 400m.

Reactions: POW Hungry

Secretcookie

Addicted
May 31, 2014
IMG_3125.JPG
Plenty of snow last night following the 20 or so cm on the wknd

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass