NZ Travel

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
Awesome. Fingers crossed that this holds!
That is really great. I am wary of booking flights and accommodation and then having cases appear from hotel quarantine and then borders close again. Or is all that behind us?
*The kicker being if we are talking about going to NZ to ski it is likely that all one's eggs would be in that basket as Oz would likely be booked out so switching may not be an option. I don't want to miss another season skiing.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
That is really great. I am wary of booking flights and accommodation and then having cases appear from hotel quarantine and then borders close again. Or is all that behind us?
*The kicker being if we are talking about going to NZ to ski it is likely that all one's eggs would be in that basket as Oz would likely be booked out so switching may not be an option. I don't want to miss another season skiing.
Why not both? That’s my plan anyway :)

Reactions: Roymond

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
Why not both? That’s my plan anyway :)
I'm saving leave up for a longer trip in January/February next year. Also the kids school holiday dates don't work ideally for the southern hemisphere season - so I'll be taking them out of school and I will limit that to one week.
I'm saving leave up for a very hopeful Canada (back up would be Japan) trip in January/February 22.

Reactions: chunky and Roymond

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
I'd just be happy to see my nan...
That kind of puts things in perspective.
Those of us who have all our family local have been extremely lucky through all this. I can only imagine the discomfort having loved ones overseas would be.

Reactions: LMB

Harper11

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 20, 2002
Brisbane
For New Zealander’s in Australia wanting to visit or return to Nz the wait time for a quarantine spot is now 3 months so hopefully this gets going quicker than March

Reactions: LMB

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I'm saving leave up for a longer trip in January/February next year. Also the kids school holiday dates don't work ideally for the southern hemisphere season - so I'll be taking them out of school and I will limit that to one week.
I'm saving leave up for a very hopeful Canada (back up would be Japan) trip in January/February 22.
Me too re Canada!

I’m working on 5 days skiing Enzed, saving a month of leave for Feb 2022.

Oz will be weekends and occasional flex.

Reactions: chunky

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
For New Zealander’s in Australia wanting to visit or return to Nz the wait time for a quarantine spot is now 3 months so hopefully this gets going quicker than March
Surely they could allow home quarantine for Aussies now!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

craighelo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 26, 2012
Tarras
I thought the idea of the trans Tasman bubble was no quarantine? talk on the news last night of separate areas in the airport and air crew only doing bubble flights.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I thought the idea of the trans Tasman bubble was no quarantine? talk on the news last night of separate areas in the airport and air crew only doing bubble flights.
Yes.
But not until around about March.

Reactions: jusch

jusch

First Runs
Dec 7, 2020

I believe that's the current lead time for quarantine, say if a bubble does not eventuate. Via MIQ:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 11.11.56 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 11.11.56 am.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 30

boylejake

First Runs
Nov 19, 2021
I really hope this happens because such flights are essential for travelers. I prefer ground transportation because road travel is a better option for me and less traumatic. With all that said, it's important to keep in mind that I usually go on such trips with my family. Family trips are more interesting for me because I like to feel the happiness of my loved ones beside me. That is why I choose such trips that have opportunities for family vacations. If we talk about such opportunities, it is worth mentioning db fahrplan.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I'm booked for a September ski trip. Airfares the only thing not fully refundable. Took the punt on quarantine free travel by then. Little bit nervous however, still alluding to the possibility of reverting back to a quarantine model if covid kicks off again in Oz. But with Vax rates broadly similar, I'm struggling to see a differential risk profile between Oz and NZ.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass