NZ Weather thread .

Kimski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2010
Can someone smarter than me give some guidance on what what type of moisture will fall in the next few days at the Southern Lakes resorts?

Automated models suggest mostly snow, favouring higher elevation resorts, but looking at it for myself i'm thinking its going to be a bit of everything...

At Syd airport now about to fly in to QT so i'm hoping for the best here!
I’m similar to you. Arrive in QT at 9am Tuesday and trying to work out what to plan for that day. Can’t check into my hotel until 3pm so even if skiing is out I’ll have to occupy myself somehow!

snowbunnie2000

Hard Yards
Jan 30, 2009
Haven't been to these forums for a while, very quiet! Looks like a system passing through QT/Wanaka now, Frog is confident of it dumping significant snow but it looks a bit warm. Fingers cross it cools down!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

vladimirshreddin

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2020
Haven't been to these forums for a while, very quiet! Looks like a system passing through QT/Wanaka now, Frog is confident of it dumping significant snow but it looks a bit warm. Fingers cross it cools down!
Coronet has been raining constantly all morning. Cardrona and remarks dumping snow. Temps are marginal but higher elevations looks to of gained some decent snow.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

chunky

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Holy moly look out South Island for the rain incoming. It looks massive for the top half. I wonder how much will fall as snow. Lots of weather warnings out.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using