NZAC ski trip to Broken River NZ, Aug/Sep 2006

Romfrantic

Hard Yards
Jun 15, 2003
expat living in Switzerland
This trip announcement was made in the latest NZAC Australian Section Newsletter to their members, but it may also interest other non-NZAC bc skiers here in this forum. For your info.

~
Broken River Ski Field, NZ , Aug-Sep 2006

Expressions of Interest are being sought for an Australian Section trip to Broken River, with the potential of extending the trip to include a visit to Pioneer Hut, Fox Glacier, at Mt Cook National Park.

Broken River is a club ski field 1 & 1/2 hours from Christchurch, which provides a great venue that has some of the most reliable snow in the Canterbury region. A great opportunity to allow you to expand skiing / snowboarding skills in an uncrowded mountain environment as well offering options for those inclined for some back-country skimountaineering. We have been offered free instruction on skiing and avalanche awareness from members of the ski club and Canterbury NZAC Section. View the website for more information on the ski field http://www.brokenriver.co.nz

Approximate Costs for 5 days skiing: A$1000. This Includes: flight to NZ, Snowork transport return from Christchurch, lift, accommodation and food. A minimum number will be required for an Australian Section trip to go ahead. Please register your interest by the end of March 2006, by emailing your details to:

Carolina Roman in Sydney - sydney(at)alpineclub.org.nz or Eric Krista in Melbourne - ekrista(at)nortel.com

Last edited by a moderator:

gusc

Hard Yards
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Good on 'ya for organising this, Rom - good luck! (My 1 year old wants to work on his toboggan technique on the groomers this season, and I promised I'd help him out, otherwise I'd be keen.)

How come you're selling your mountaineering boots (I saw the ad when I was looking 'round for some 2nd hand T3s or T4s)?

Romfrantic

Hard Yards
Jun 15, 2003
expat living in Switzerland
gusc said:
Good on 'ya for organising this, Rom - good luck! (My 1 year old wants to work on his toboggan technique on the groomers this season, and I promised I'd help him out, otherwise I'd be keen.)
Cheers, gusc
smile.gif
...by the way, thanks also to JamesB!!! he came up with the idea in the first place, and supported us in the efforts.

gusc said:
How come you're selling your mountaineering boots (I saw the ad when I was looking 'round for some 2nd hand T3s or T4s)?
Oh, just a tad too small
frown.gif
...coming down the Aiguille du Tour last August was very painful, lost my toenails after badly bruising them in tight boots (only just managed to get them nails fully grown again
wink.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass