woonona
There's a little band which should hit P around 8.30
Screenshot_2020-09-22-21-04-37-90.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snow Dog

One of Us
Jun 23, 2014
Freezing drizzle and the occasional snow shower at Buller.
Bit nervous that we have too much westerly flow in it today for Buller...

Chionophile

Hard Yards
Sep 15, 2014
Mount Glasgow
www.philhart.com
Hotham/Dinner Plain Observations Wed 23rd

Very light flurries of mostly wet snow during the middle of the day between 1600-1650m near Dinner Plain. Only settling at times in protected nooks in vegetation etc.

Between 3:30-4:30pm through Hotham resort, snow was settling consistently and developing good cover across ground above 1750m (around Diamantina Hut). White but slushy cover across road above that too. Photo Summit Chair 4pm (1770m) Thicker layer of snow on building below must have formed last night?

IMG_20200923_155042.jpg

The BoM forecast this morning and from prior days for today said "falling as snow above 1100m". Even allowing for +200m to point where it settles that always seemed optimistic. I guess the text description is for the coldest part of the day and we might be a bit closer to that before midnight, but still seems well too low.

EC forecasts via Jane's site seem much closer to the mark and consistent with observations above.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Hotham/Dinner Plain Observations Wed 23rd

Very light flurries of mostly wet snow during the middle of the day between 1600-1650m near Dinner Plain. Only settling at times in protected nooks in vegetation etc.

Between 3:30-4:30pm through Hotham resort, snow was settling consistently and developing good cover across ground above 1750m (around Diamantina Hut). White but slushy cover across road above that too. Photo Summit Chair 4pm (1770m) Thicker layer of snow on building below must have formed last night?

IMG_20200923_155042.jpg

The BoM forecast this morning and from prior days for today said "falling as snow above 1100m". Even allowing for +200m to point where it settles that always seemed optimistic. I guess the text description is for the coldest part of the day and we might be a bit closer to that before midnight, but still seems well too low.

EC forecasts via Jane's site seem much closer to the mark and consistent with observations above.
Good obs,
Thanks.

Seems bang on to what was in store IMO.
Will see an up tick tonight though.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Steady on. If one could chose a ticket which allowed one to pick and chose where they skied based on conditions and daily weather there'd be plenty of days i'd pick Perisher over the other place.

Prior to cheap season tickets and the self powered only days i was a swinger.

This year i did all my skiing at Canobolas. About 1 run of it for about 100m vertical.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
That snow stake really needs to be at the bottom of Intercepter chair to be useful for more than frothing about "snow on the high peaks".

Drizzle and overcast on the Jindy North Shore, feels just about right for a decent snow fall later.

Swede

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 3, 2007
Woonona
That snow stake really needs to be at the bottom of Intercepter chair to be useful for more than frothing about "snow on the high peaks".
I’m happy with a 1700m location, very rarely do I ski below that elevation.
Bring on the weekend, I see a 5 hour drive coming up once again :)

Reactions: JM72 and Nidecker

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne

Drizzle and overcast on the Jindy North Shore, feels just about right for a decent snow fall later.

People complained for years and years about resort snow resorts and depth measurements etc. So when Perisher put that in, and is the only resort in Oz to have a clearly visible snow measurement cam, people then complain about the location:rolleyes:

Truth is that cam is not representative of the whole resort, but no cam ever will be;) A lot better than no cam:)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass