Capture.PNG

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Undies

Superspreadin the lurve
Ski Pass
May 15, 2002
Top drawer
Am thinking about popping out to jenolan caves today, coming back mid-arvo. Is this folly?

doogasnow

One of Us
Mar 7, 2010
Moe south
Look at those Sea Level temps in SW Vic atm - Warrnambool 4.5c and belting down rain. Spectacular really. The "blob" is currently moving North towards Ballarat....
Yup was just about to comment on this.
It’s real cold air out that way atm.
Mortlake is 3.3c and raining, sits at 140m asl.
Surely once that hits around Ballarat region it would fall as snow ?

Reactions: D71206

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
6 degrees at broken hill this morning with rain. bbrrrr. Wind has kicked off in Dubbo in the last hour. Pollen storm. Big fluffy flowers of the shit raining down out of my liquid amber tree.

emkae

A Local
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
Falls Creek:

Chains are being fitted to 2WD vehicles at The Orange Bridge. Engaged 4WD excepted. AWD are advised to fit chains.

Reactions: Val Desire
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Belly

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2003
South Coast NSW
We're getting a lot of rain in Canberra by traditional winter system standards, I think this is going to be a big storm.

lightfoot

Hard Yards
Jun 27, 2012
Came up bogong yesterday to check base quality prior to storm. Most chutes got thin 100m vertical in.
Snowed heavily from 1am at my camp 1700m. Light to moderate NW, that has continued all day.
Approx 20cm by 7am at my sheltered location drifts of up to 30-40 up top in loaded pockets.
Cold good quality snow that came in light unfortunately. No prefrontal sludge to get a base underneath so quite tricky to choose routes.
Whiteout all Morning, in the trees would be good for depth perception but there's no base. Only gullies worth skiing yesterday were death cookie, cable layer and bogerama with afternoon gully run having some good turns.
Hasn't stopped snowing light to mod all day. Drying out at the hut hoping for some clearing in the morning.
This load fell on edgable rimed crystals from wed and although it came in with moderate NW wind hasnt formed any consolidated slabs I have seen but the vis has kept me conservative today.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass