Observations: 24th - 30th June 2010

Fancy_Pants

Addicted
Jan 29, 2010
If any of Adelaide's weather hits the alps it is gonna puke. Cold an raining since early early this morning fairly non stop. Hailing at the moment.

Donza

Pool Room
Apr 21, 2004
wollongong
Fancy_Pants said:
If any of Adelaide's weather hits the alps it is gonna puke. Cold an raining since early early this morning fairly non stop. Hailing at the moment.
more food for thought
the models predicted the serious rain for Adelaide for tonight....plus they predicted around 10-15mm..yet for today...hmm maybe 5mm...some places in SA have got 50-60mm some more.... flooding etc..
eek.gif

now that blob is moving pretty much due east
no model picked the blob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfred14

Addicted
Ski Pass
Sep 27, 2009
North East Vic
I am pretty sure this is whats happening with this low
SatelittePic.jpg

Hopefully the low pushes up and spins on Vic but there might not be enough moisture to last that long but it has shown that there is plenty there from the rain in Adelaide

Stratus

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
Josh M, you are correct. At the moment its panning out as predicted, but you never know, the high could weaken a little allowing the low to slide up.

shaunstoddart

First Runs
Oct 1, 2009
Melbourne Vic
luvthabumps said:
shaunstoddart said:
7.5 Dromana, with wind chill of 5 and still raining, been coming down nearly all day now. Stong gusty w/sw coming in off the bay.

confused.gif
how are you getting a strong WSW when everywhere else in Vic ( or around Melbourne) is reporting N or NNW
My mistake, I actually checked the vane outside work when I left and it is W/NW,,, the south hasn't come in yet. Its blowing hard around the 30knt mark. And it was still raining. Some fresh stuff on the ground on the LM carpark cam BTW

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
Just got back from Benlomond . Heavy snowfall last night & today 15-20cm plus. Should snow again tonight frpm a cold north westerly. -.09 degress at 4.30pm this arvo.. The cam isn,t working currently but will get some picks posted in Benlomond Bliss thread

Bilza_Skis

First Runs
Jun 14, 2010
shaunstoddart said:
Latest radar shows some action headed right for the Buller / LM region.

ive noticed that aswell
there is some moisture growning over bendigo extending up into NSW going for buller and maybe falls and hotham

doogasnow

One of Us
Mar 7, 2010
i observe it is snowing on baw baw. can see flakes coming down via the village cam
smile.gif

come on baby bring it down!!

Miffy

Addicted
Jun 10, 2009
Southern Highlands
Looking at the Sat pic i would think mega dumpage, but not according to models. Temps quite warm in NSW, only -0.2 in Thredbo, -0.1 in Perisher

Squidly

One of Us
Jun 4, 2004
TAS
Toward Northern Tas - you beauty, although the track could be through Bass Strait and clip Southern Vic.

Donza

Pool Room
Apr 21, 2004
wollongong
The Plowking said:
I observe Adelaides rain sliding south east and hitting Mt Gambier atm on the bom radar. Satellite pics back it up.
Sorry man but I think youre wrong. rain at mount gambier is coming from the due south, yet in Victoria its coming from the NW.
Its rotating around an axis from oh about Horsham-Warnambool, around 6 hours ago it was rotating around 200 km west
its just moving across victoria..watch the wind obs change as it does.
big lump near the NW corner. expect to see that around Falls at midnight approx IMO

DHS

Hard Yards
Jun 9, 2010
South West Vic.
Donza said:
The Plowking said:
I observe Adelaides rain sliding south east and hitting Mt Gambier atm on the bom radar. Satellite pics back it up.
Sorry man but I think youre wrong. rain at mount gambier is coming from the due south, yet in Victoria its coming from the NW.
Its rotating around an axis from oh about Horsham-Warnambool, around 6 hours ago it was rotating around 200 km west
big lump near the NW corner. expect to see that around Falls at midnight approx
We're on the same page here Donza

doogasnow

One of Us
Mar 7, 2010
correction- snow falling on the central park cam at baw baw
smile.gif

doogasnow

One of Us
Mar 7, 2010
yeah,seeing now what is developing through central vic is making me feel more confident that this one will move through.
imo just a matter of how much falls??

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
Donza said:
The Plowking said:
big lump near the NW corner. expect to see that around Falls at midnight approx

Just posted in the forecast thread Donza-san.
Methinks the axis of rotation is too far South.
I agree there are 2 separate moisture bands but I just think the Northern stuff will run out of puff well before the Alps
Hope I'm wrong
Toot!

Donza

Pool Room
Apr 21, 2004
wollongong
snap S-P
I'll contend there are maybe 3 points of axis...
i'm looking at it and I swear its moving East NE...

Bilza_Skis

First Runs
Jun 14, 2010
Donza said:
snap S-P

yeh i reckon your correct there donza
IMO i think it is moving slightly NE

MickM

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
Bilza_Skis said:
Donza said:
snap S-P

yeh i reckon your correct there donza
IMO i think it is moving slightly NE

I am starting to agree with you. Should see some flakes at buller within the hour(I am no expert though)

themaninblack

Hard Yards
May 10, 2009
I observe on the cam that it may actually be snowing lightly at Buller. Will try to get in touch with someone there.

Funny the the 512 radar loop sequence shows a little dot right on Buller!

nisstrust

One of Us
May 21, 2008
looking good right now, a large patch of moisture is about to hit vic resorts in a matter of moments going by the radar.

themaninblack

Hard Yards
May 10, 2009
info direct from Buller was that little more than a dusting overnight but has been snowing lightly for the past hour or so. Perhaps getting the best of it now

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass