Travel Life Off to QT on Wednesday.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Leaving Australia’s mountains with truck loads of snow to visit my NZ friends, do some turns and some work.
Anyone in NZ with success in the snow dance arena, please get out there and make it happen. Would like to place an order for 30cm of fresh white stuff for mid week.

Thanks, now blow the dust off those dancing shoes.

Reactions: Chaeron and skifree

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
It's not great, but it's fine. You'll be fine. How long are you around for?
I fly out of QT to the north island on Monday morning.

Meeting on mountain at TC on Thursday. Then Friday at NZ ski either Remarks or CP. Same for the weekend.

Heinz

Have skis, will travel - Once borders open again..
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
My friend still in Wanaka has reported another awesome heli day today with 20-30 cm fresh in the Mototapu.

Zimbooo

One of Us
Nov 20, 2017
They even reported 23cm's at Coronet this morning!!!!!!!
Best single fall for them this season.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Yesterday I skied TC and Cardrona and both were in awesome condition.

Today skied The Remarks and covered the mountain. Best snow was on The East Face so did that a few times. Did Homeward and Outward Bound. Most enjoyable day. Didn't do any climbing as it wasn't really worth it.

I was skiing the new W100 and they were cranking. It's the first time I've had a chance to roll them out. Much likey. I have applied the latest Phantom incarnation and they were sliding beautifully.

Red_switch

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2006
Dunedin, NZ
Everyone was heading to the chutes, they were skied out. Nobody was traversing to the East Face. We skied fresh lines.
If there's a hint of wind the chutes don't get skied out. But yeah, east face is a good time. It just doesn't get continuously reloaded by the lake Alta vortex.

pedub

One of Us
Jul 26, 2015
East face - its like the front of the ridge lookers left of the shadow chair right? It always looked rocky when I visited and I haven't skied there yet
Couldn't believe the snow loading in the chutes even at 3pm one windy day.... at least in the steeper one

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
East face - its like the front of the ridge lookers left of the shadow chair right? It always looked rocky when I visited and I haven't skied there yet
Couldn't believe the snow loading in the chutes even at 3pm one windy day.... at least in the steeper one
Yeah! Traverse high from the top of Shadow Chair, gain the ridge but don’t climb it because you may come in on the wrong side of the rock band. Don’t go too low or you miss a good portion of the run.

Drop in and enjoy.

LDJ

One of Us
Apr 23, 2017
I was skiing the new W100 and they were cranking. It's the first time I've had a chance to roll them out.
still waiting to try my W100 out. Snow was awful in Chile with ridiculous amounts of rocks so took my old K2s. Will have to sneak an NZ or Aus trip in next few weeks or it will be Japan in Feb before I actually ski them

Reactions: skifree

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
still waiting to try my W100 out. Snow was awful in Chile with ridiculous amounts of rocks so took my old K2s. Will have to sneak an NZ or Aus trip in next few weeks or it will be Japan in Feb before I actually ski them
That’s a bugger for you.

TC & Cardrona are in better condition than the Queenstown resorts. They had a slow start but are doing well now.

Get on them as fast as you can, you’ll see what I mean.

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Coronet is 100% skiable without the 30 minute lift lines that friends have been battling with at Cardrona.
Was at coronet yesterday, it’s in very good nick and skiing really well.
A bit more snow tomorrow (predicted) will have it perfect.

Reactions: DPS Driver

Red_switch

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2006
Dunedin, NZ
Was at coronet yesterday, it’s in very good nick and skiing really well.
A bit more snow tomorrow (predicted) will have it perfect.
You weren't one of the Aussies on greengates talking shit about house prices on some street in Sydney(?) were ya? Haha

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Yeah well, my Double Bay property portfolio doesn't look after itself and I happen to like Porsches. They're a great little run around for shopping and grocery runs. I don't know why more people aren't driving them.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass