Official SA Interschools at Falls Creek - calling all SA fans

Corduroyqueen

Hard Yards
Aug 9, 2013
Once again, the official SA Interschools will be held at Falls Creek 16th to 21st of July. Ski and snowboard races that could see you qualify for Nationals, or have great fun trying! We are hoping to find all of those keen snow fanatics from around South Australia. Please tell your SA friends. Beginners welcome, great deals and awesome discounts available. Come and join us, we would love to see you. Go to www.sainterschools.com.au and from there find/like us on Facebook.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Yeah. What's going on? 4 years ago, Buller objected to Vic interschools being held anywhere other than Buller, if I remember correctly? Is this an attempt by Buller to do the same with SA interschools? I notice the only sponsor is Buller and it (the one that Dave Clark posted) seems to be a Buller driven website.
One of them would seem to be a rival event designed to thwart the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corduroyqueen

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
The 2nd event is National Interschools. Held at Buller this year. Not just for SA. Can't imagine it would be a big event if it was LOL

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
The saski.org.au website has this to say about it:

Interschools 2017:

The event at Falls Creek in 2017, organised by SASKI’s, South Australian Interschools Committee, is the only official Interschools Snowsports event representing South Australia.

The respective fastest overall male and female, primary and secondary student will thus become the state champion in their respect discipline. Any other resort claiming to be holding a similar event has no connection with SASKI and is conducting its own event for its own financial gain.

Corduroyqueen

Hard Yards
Aug 9, 2013
Thanks Teckel, you've got a pretty good grasp of it all. ;) And yes, Dave, in the end it is all about fun. It is so awesome to know that so many South Aussies are willing to make the mountainous effort to get to the Aussie Alps.
ps. Mick, think of it this way, at least with Interschools, the kids are mostly corralled in one place - more space for you on the rest of the mountain!

Reactions: ladycamper
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass