1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

TUTORIAL: How to post in Gear Swap so it sells

Sold (Old) Blizzard Free Cross Touring skis 178

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Chaeron, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Chaeron

Chaeron A Local Ski Pass: Gold

[​IMG]

I have a pair of 2013 Blizzard Free Cross 178’s (effectively same ski as Dynafit Seven Summits - 113, 78, 100 sidecut) mounted with Dynafit TLT2. Happy to sell either with or without the bindings,

I bought the skis new for about $450, happy to let them go for $150 to a forumite. The skis are comparatively lightly used (I mainly tour with my patterned base skis) but the bindings have seen about 4 seasons of good use, but still service-able - maybe I’d let them go for about $300. So $450 all up.

https://www.ski-review.com/ski_reviews/review/blizzard_mountain_free_cross_2013/

A light woodcore ski with a Titanal topsheet - weight 1500g per ski.

Good for beginner to intermediate touring, but will chatter at higher speeds, especially in firmer, more icy conditions and on groomers at speed.

It’s in good nick. It’s a reasonably good width for Aussie conditions, but will be too light for most skiers, especially someone who wants to charge.

I’m upgrading to a set of DPS Cassiar Alchemists.

Pick up in Melbourne, or I could post at cost anywhere.

skifree likes this.
  2. Conkers

Conkers Early Days

Do you have skins to match?
    Would you sell the bindings without the planks?

On other matters, is there a walking track between Bluff and Lovicks huts or do you just plod along the 4wd track?

3. Chaeron

Yup - do have matching skins which I would chuck in for $50, and would probably sell the bindings without the planks if that would help a forumite.

Between Bluff and Lovicks it’s mainly along the track although there are sections where a walking track cuts more directly across some bits.

Conkers likes this.
  4. Chaeron

Not sold really - I’ve decided to give these skis one more season, but if anyone was REALLY interested I would probably let them go.

Annabuzzy likes this.