1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Old NZ Heli-skiing footage

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Heinz, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Was going through some old VHS tapes, looking at what I might copy to my computer. Had a few old heli-skiing ones. most of which I haven't watched for many years. One from 1991 was a particularly good day and watching it certainly brought back some memories. So have taken the extra step and opened a Youtube account and uploaded.

This one was from 18 August 1991 in the North Buchanan range, mostly on A-trails and finishing on Moliefes - runs I have done many times over the years.

A few old faces:
    Pilot: Ken Tustin - he was main pilot back in those days. Has been long retired now. He wass wearing his red Antarctic suit from working a couple of season at the Italian base down there. Has written a few books on his Moose hunts and his flying adventures.

Guide: Nick Cradock - was the lead guide then. Left HMH a few years later but still does plenty of guiding around the place. Spent several seasons in India - skied with him there. Hadn't seen him for a few years but caught up with him for a coffee in Wanaka this year.

Other guides:
    Guy Cotter - who now runs Adventure Consultants doing climbing around the world with a big focus on Everest. Still help out at HMH on occasions when they are busy as they were early August this year.

Phil 'Frenzy' Penney - spent a few years later at Wilderness heliski at Mt Cook, before returning briefly to HMH a couple of years ago and was happy to have another good day skiing with him - still the same character. Has now moved to Southern Lakes heli where he has a more senior position. Still see him around occasionally.

At the start there are also glimpses of Eric Napier (who old Falls Creek regulars may know - he was a chef there at one time) and Bridget Bush. Haven't seen Eric for a long time. Bridget turned up once visiting on a family heliski day a couple of years ago.

Camera man: Simon - was from Auckland and I think was actually a cameraman by profession. From what I recall he only had a couple of seasons in Wanaka.

#1 Heinz, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    Spike Dominikovich, VSG, hipo and 7 others like this.
  2. MisterMxyzptlk

MisterMxyzptlk Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Quality as always Heinz
    if only you'd known you could have been Australia's Warren Miller
    I'm also struck by how nothing says 1980's style more than 1991

3. Angus_McCrory

Angus_McCrory Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Great footage.... but funny to reflect on styles and thank <insert deity of choice> that with phat skis the skiing is far more fluid these days.

4. Heinz

Yeah, the first thing that struck me was the amount of aggressive unweighting going on with the skinny skis. I did have the benefit of a week at Mike Wiegele Heliski earlier that year and one thing I learnt from that experience was to be more efficient in this regard and only do the minimum amount of bouncing required, so you still had a bit left in the tank later in the afternoon.

In that good quality snow the skinny skis were generally still fine, though any variations would catch you out if you weren't on top of things. I just watched a bit of 1985 footage with somewhat more variable snow where that is very apparent.

The other thing that was apparent from that footage is that we were getting down lower on the run that we have been in recent years.

5. Heinz

Another thing about that day looking back at my notes from that trip was that it followed 4 straight down days where it had been raining/snowing/windy and some of the resorts were closed also. It frustrating time, so was especially good to get back out there again, particularly in such great conditions.

6. Telestrom

Telestrom A Local

Glad you pulled that one out of the archives. Definitively worth uploading to Youtube.

Must have been very tiring bumping on the skinny sticks all day.

7. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Some fascinating footage, Heinz. I was particularly interested in your comments above to the effect that " we were getting down lower on the run than we have been in recent years." I could not help but compare this with an observation from Ed Hilary in ' Nothing Venture, Nothing Win', published in 1975.
    "In these days of glacial retreat and warm winters it is hard to imagine that we did all our skiing on slopes which nowadays are passed by car on the way to the ski grounds." He is writing about Ruapehu on the N. Island but he surely writes with some authority about conditions in the mountains.

dawooduck likes this.
  8. Heinz

According to the book on Treble Cone out this year, Sir Ed was also a founding shareholder in Treble Cone in the 70's before it opened for business and spent some time there. He stressed even back that it was important for them to expand lifts higher up the mountain into the Saddle to fully take advantage of the terrain.

In some recent years Treble Cone would have really struggled without having lifts in the Saddle area.

In one of my other videos of a day on the Tyndall glacier in 1985 we couldn't get to the end of the road to Raspberry creek in the West Matuki because the snow was too deep in the valley. I can't recall ever seeing that much snow in the valley since.

#8 Heinz, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  9. Angus_McCrory

Angus_McCrory Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Wow, that sure is a lot of low down snow.

10. Heinz

Hence trying to be as efficient as possible and only bumping as much as required. I would have been tired at the end of the day but I suspect Tom & Larry (the other 2 guys in the group) may have been more tired. We did 8 runs (16,600 ft) that day, a respectable amount back then, but an easy day these days.

11. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

I knew Ken well from my days working at TC and later my flying days, what a great bloke.
    I am presuming you would also at some stage flown with Dennis Edgington, he was usually in a 500D model.
    Now my memory may be incorrect on this fact, but as I recall, Denis was the only pilot that skied in the Powder 8s comp they used to run and also pilot a helicopter during the event ( not in the same years tho )
    Not a bad achievement one of those pursuits , yet alone to be proficient at both I always thought.

12. benchives

benchives I forgot how to ski Ski Pass: Gold

Great stuff heinz, if that is you in the black I was thinking how good does he ski.

13. expatgm

expatgm Addicted

Great video Heinz sure beats a go-pro edit, Dennis Eggerton sadly died from cancer about 10 years ago.

14. Heinz

Did fly with Dennis Egerton a few times in the 80's & 90's. I was there when they ran the ran the Powder 8's in the 80' though not at the event itself and not aware that he skied in it. Katie Deans competed several times, she is a Queenstown guide now. A few Austrians came over for it and won a few times.

15. Heinz

:( Didn't realise that.

16. Heinz

I was in a navy blue Mike Wiegele Heliski suit (with red and white on the sleeves). Had to buy that in Blue River in 1988 after my luggage went missing (permanently) on the flight from Vancouver to Kamloops. I was heliskiing there almost entirely in bought or borrowed gear.

Looks like I must had a fall somewhere at some stage and got snow in my sunglasses as I was skiing without them for a bit, which I wouldn't normally do. These days I normally stick with goggles. Beanie didn't stay on long either.

17. dawooduck

dawooduck relaxed and comfortable Ski Pass: Gold

Sensational Heinz, thanks for sharing.

Lovely style on the old school

#17 dawooduck, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  18. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

Yes I remember Kate Deans.
    I may be wrong that it was Denis t but if not him definitely one of the other pilots
    That still would have been under the Alpine Helicopter banner days
    Powder 8s was a great event

19. Heinz

I know a few of the pilots ski but suspect they would be in the minority. Those guys are good to have though as they have an appreciation of what the skiers are after. Their job doesn't always make it easy though. Recall chatting to one who was looking forward to a day of skiing given the bad weather forecast meant flying was unlikely. Unfortunately though for him the next day turned out fine and he had to work.

20. Heinz

Powder 8's was a cool event but certainly one of the time in the pre-fat ski era of the 80's. It was certainly a test of technique to be able to continuously link consistent turns in sync through sometimes variable wind affected snow (not uncommon in NZ) without missing a beat.

These days with the number of people free-riding big lines and big airs on fat skis it just seen as a bit lame.

21. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

Having not been in Queenstown for 16 or so years I haven't heard much news.
    Sad to hear about his death. A great pilot and a good bloke.

22. dawooduck

dawooduck relaxed and comfortable Ski Pass: Gold

Powder 8s ..... and he is still going strong

[​IMG]

23. expatgm

expatgm Addicted

Yeah Dennis was one of the originals from the venison recovery days and finished his flying career with Heliworks, I think he may have been one of the founding partners of that company.
    He was only about 55 when he died, yes a sad loss.

24. Heinz

Googled for powder 8's and found this. From 1983 (also the year of my first heli experience in Wanaka).
    http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/incredible-mountains-1983

Robyn Judkins & Paul Scaife handing out the prizes.

Geoff Hunt starting his career in multi sports participation and organising as well as guiding.

Whitney Thurlow in the gelände jump - still going strong now with HMH and Aspiring guides.

Nice segment at the end on climbing and skiing Mt Taranaki.

#24 Heinz, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  25. Heinz

Here is one from a day on the Tyndall glacier on 04 Aug 1985.

Was filmed by Ross McMillan who did quite a bit of work filming for HMH in the 80's. Not exactly easy work back then with the size of the camera he had to carry around in a harness, nothing like these days. His main passion though back then was hang-gliding - was NZ champion I think for a while.

The lead guide was Peter Tocker and Ross was mostly filming his group. Other guides were Paul Bayne (who was with) and Brian Dyson, so I only appear briefly in the background a couple of times. I don't know who the pilot was. Wasn't Ken that day.

Of particular note though is the guy with the beard and red jacket, a diesel mechanic from Tassie - Roger Kingston. A regular punter back then, but who then transitioned to doing video work picking up from Ross, to trainee guide, lead guide and now the Operations Manager in Wanaka.

A few things struck me watching this again after a long time.

Tyndall glacier is a fair way out and back then constituted a significant trip. They would only do it if weather forecast was very good. Turn around time flying from Tyndall to valley was around 20 mins for a round trip, so with 4 loads you couldn't afford to be stuck if the weather turned. These days with the faster B2's it is much less of a issue and more like a regular day, although I still haven't done it too often myself.

There was a lot of snow in the valley that day, which I probably didn't consider too unusual at the time, but certainly do now. I have seen snow in the Matuki quite a few times but probably never as much as on that day. We drove up the Matuki west arm heading to Raspberry but couldn't get there. Just went as far as we could, stopped and flew from there. Then had to turn the cars around at the end of the day for the trip back.

Also back then the groups were actually 2 heli loads, so there was always a bit of extra faffing about wait time for both loads to arrive before we started skiing. This was evident in Ross's film where he filmed during that time as well so I cut those bits out. That combined with the trip in and out meant that we weren't doing huge vertical, just 8500 ft from 3 longish runs.

The skiing was pretty good, but you can see whenever there was a bit of wind slab it would often throw people out, whereas these days on fatter skis you would hardly notice.

Another odd thing I noticed was that the ski basket was on the pilots side, which meant the guide had to scamper around the front of the machine to load skis then come back to get in. I don't remember why that was the case on this occasion.

#25 Heinz, Nov 2, 2014
    Nicpaca and Ziggy like this.
  26. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

That clip bought back some memories for me thanks Heinz. In my young days I drove snocats at Coronet and Treble Cone and particularly at TC on my days off I would hang around the heli pad and managed to score a few free heli ski days when they had an uneven number of clients.
    The ski racing footage ( At Coronet by the look ) featured 3 good mates of mine. Stu Blakely who was a multi NZ ski champion and along with his father , importer of Dynastar Lange and Salomon.
    Also Bill Lonsdale who for me his claim to fame was the day he was competing in t the FIS Duel Slalom at Mt Hutt and when finding himself behind the other guy, proceed to enter a tuck between the 2 sets of gates until he had passed the other guy, then ski back into his own cours and cfross the finish line first. While myself and his other friends were highly amused and impressed with this, form memory officialdom was not.
    The 3rd guy I know from that footage was the late Warwick Brown, the blonde haired fellow. A Taranaki boy from a relatively poor family compared to the usual racing fraternity, Warwick was much loved by the adoring mothers on the race circuit. As well he was very much liked by all that new him. Warwick was very tragically killed when travelling up a NZ skifield road a boulder rolled off the bank landing on the cars boot and coming thru the back window and hitting him in the head. Very tragic at any age or for anyone, but particularly sad thing to happen to such a nice and well loved young guy. I am guessing he would have been in his earl 20's then
    Also a 4th guy I recognised, but his full name eludes me is the German coach Gunter ---- a well known and long serving race coach at Coronet and from memory a competitor at several Powder

27. Heinz

Günther Birgman perhaps? He has been head of the Treble Cone ski school / race clinics for quite a few years. Largely responsible for getting the Austrian race teams over to train at TC. Mens teams a few years ago, womens team this season.

28. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

Another great piece of footage Heinz.
    As I have said to previously , I too skied the Tyndal but we were in the 500D HOT, reckon the Jet Ranger would have been struggling, tried to view the torque gauge on some footage but could not spot it. Reckon it would have been at the top end of the scale most of the time.

The reason the ski basket would have been on the right side on the Jet Ranger was to put on the opposite side to the tail rotor. The tail blade on a Jet Ranger is on the left , on a Squirrel it is on the right of the tailboom. A couple of reasons then, one safer for anyone loading skis and the other from memory is the way due to rotor turn direction and hence torque, they would mount them on the side that the heli sits higher when in the hover ( usually one side sits lower than the other )

Given some time I reckon you would have answered your own question Heinz :thumbs:

29. Heinz

Yeah, remember those days in the 80's where HMH would regularly fly from the TC carpark. Even had a small A-frame below the main building to store gear. We had a few days where we weren't sure about the weather, so skied a few runs at TC and watching the cloud. Checked back at base and if clearance was on, we would fly.

They still get TC staff (as well as Racers edge staff etc) to join in if there is a late spare seat, but now they have to make it down the mountain and meet up in the valley.

Other days we would drop off top of the Saddle to finish the day (before the lifts went in) and ski down to the car park.

Then there was another day where there was a landslide after heavy rain/snow which meant the resort was closed, but we were able to fly up to the Saddle for a couple of exploratory runs.

#29 Heinz, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  30. Heinz

Ah yes, that sounds right. I don't recall how often they flew the Jet Rangers. Don't think it was too long after that before they started using the Squirrels and later again the B2 versions which made the trip out there much easier than it was then.

Oddly enough though for quite a few years even when they had the B2's available and they skied the Tyndall more regularly it was hardly ever when I was there. Have been out that area a bit more in recent years, though more on Isobel than the Tyndall itself - the snow there was often more wind affected.

31. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

I remember the little A frame, a small version of the A Framed staff quarters.
    No doubt you would at stages flown with the Bill Black. That man had a real love of flying. He was the first Alpine Helcopters pilot to get a Squirrel . I recall watching him waiting one day while he waited for another heli to depart ( Ken Tustin ) and he just flew back and forward by the road doing gentle 360 rotations, just to keep himself amused while he waited

32. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

That maybe it, and I do recall the connection with getting the Austrians over. well done Heinz, great when the memory still works eh :cheers:

33. Heinz

Only flew with Bill a couple of times as was normally based in Queenstown and only came up when he had Queenstown clients. One of those days was with AJ Hackett and a bunch of his snowboarding mates. I heard it was sad day when he was finally forced to retire.

Spike Dominikovich likes this.
  34. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

Yes , but for a long time after he kept up the buzz by flying his own Gyrocopter.
    I recall in the old days they had to remove him from Milford Sounds as given the number of no fly days Bill was prone to hitting the grog fairly hard LOL

35. Heinz

South Buchanans 05 Aug 1985

This was the inaugural South Buchanans boat launch trip, another one of Paul Scaife many ideas back then. This one may have been prompted by the arrival of an American tour group led by former US team skier Steve Bounous. This was the day after the Tyndall glacier trip.

The idea was to head across the lake on the boat "Ena De", take off from the beach and fly into the South Buchanans for the days skiing, return to the beach and back on board the boat for th trip home.

Ross McMillan was doing the video this again. I got the tape of the 2 days from him even though I was hardly on it, just because they were special days back then.

The guides that day were Paul Scaife himself who was skiing with the Bounous group, Paul Bayne (who I was with again), Stu Blennerhasset who Ross was with, so he is the one that features mostly in the skiing. There was another guide that I saw I at start boarding the boat but I don't remember him at all. Stu is still about town and guiding for Southern lakes these days. Have commented previously about both Pauls in this thread.
    https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/nz-1983-tour-where-it-all-started.67820

Ken Tustin who was one of the regular pilots back then was flying that day. Roger Kingston also featured quite a bit again. Roger these days would probably know these mountains better than anyone.

Was a bit odd heading down to Wanaka wharf in the cool of the morning in ski gear. Loaded up skis then away. Steve's wife Suzy did a cooked breakfast at the back of the boat. Eventually got to the other side shore, unloaded ski's and climbed down a ladder to the beach in ski boots. Then waited in the beach scrub for the heli to arrive and go skiing.

There is a bit of footage about 10 mins in of one heli being filmed landing on a peak from Ross in another machine. That peak was actually Mt Alta where they had the accident this year. You can see the sunny north face as it circles around. That day we were after powder (and got it) so we were skiing off the other side.

From my notes we only did 4 rus that day for 12,000 vert ft. It was more about the overall experience that full on skiing although it was still very good. Runs were Rumbling burn, Alta, Opera House and The Gods. I think the Opera House was named as a result of Paul Scaife climbing the Sydney Opera House as part of a promotional tour around that time. I caught up with him when he visited Adelaide.

After the skiing it as then back to the beach and back on board the Ena De for the return trip to Wanaka while enjoying a couple of beers watching the sun set over the Buchanans. An very enjoyable day.

I did another one of these in 1990, but they were eventually discontinued. It was actually far more difficult logistically to organise as it was actually far easier to just drive up the Matuki valley as we normaly did and actually get more skiing in. It was more of a novelty factor, but certainly enjoyable and glad I had the opportunity to do it. Recall commenting that the boat trip over seemed a bit long and the one back far too short.

The Ena De itself disappered for a while, came back for a while painted in pink, then disappeared again for good - sunk apparently(?) although never got details.

#35 Heinz, Nov 16, 2014
  36. Heinz

There was also an Iranian guy Ferydoon who appeared briefly in both of those videos. I skied with him the follwing day. He had apparently (so he told me) skied for Iran in the Olympics in the 70's. Left Iran before the revolution and was living in the US. Was an interesting skier - skied a bit in the back seat from what I can remember, but had very strong legs and just kept powering on. We skied 8 runs in great powder off Black Peak that day for 20,600 vert ft which was a fairly big day back in those days. He would have kept going if there was more time, but I was pretty well done at the end. Guiding that day was John Blennerhassett (Stu's brother) who was also one of the first guys to climb and ski from the top of Mt cook.

It was actually a pretty amazing run of 4 days for me. The day before the Tyndall day I had a day in the Ben Ohaus with Alpine Guides. Guiding that day was Mark Whetu who would later join HMH in Queenstown and also was the first person to solo climb and ski from the Mt Cook summit a few years later. Was also joined that day by a well known US photographer James Kay who contributed quite a bit to Powder magazine.

37. Heinz

An HMH promo video from 1986 - put together by Ross McMillan. Includes clips from the above Tyndall glacier and South Buchanans days.

Weren't so many accommodation options back then. They had a bit on the Pembroke Inn where I stayed regularly through the 90's and had many entertaining evenings, before it changed hands and became the Purple Cow.

Also forgot that the Bounous's won the Powder 8's in 1985.

#37 Heinz, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    TropicalPow likes this.
  38. Rob4660

Rob4660 Hard Yards

OMG that's a step back in time. I lived in Wanaka in the early 80's and spent a few years climbing and skiing with a bunch of people in the vid. Spent a little time helping Stu B's sister Jenny set up the Te Kanu Cafe, not sure if it's still there. Shared a house with Rob Lynch and Mike Schenkel (TC) for a while before heading off to another place in Hunter Cres. Thanks for posting this. Brings back some good memories.

39. Heinz

I don't recall the name Te Kanu. Whereabouts was it?

40. Rob4660

Rob4660 Hard Yards

Brownston St as I recall. Jim (?) was Jenny's partner in this, he was a chef from the U.S. I heard from Mike S ( whose still race coaching at Mammoth and TC, which is an inspiration to us all) it went off really big but I didn't make it back until 2010 and Wanaka had transformed, completely.

41. Heinz

Hmm, still doesn't ring a bell. There is the Te Wanaka lodge on Brownston St which is a B&B.

Yes, Wanaka now is quite different to what it was in the early 80's, though I guess that is true for most places. When you are there every year you see the subtle changes some years, more significant other years. Quite different though if you revisit after 30 years.

42. Rob4660

Rob4660 Hard Yards

Yep. It's a special place. 80's ...young, care free and reckless ....2014...older, wiser (I hope) ...still reckless and carefree. What's amazing is so many are still 'doing it' . Trev Street's with Alpine Guides at Mt Cook, I think he ran some Heli operation in Pakistan. Mike S is still teaching full time. I ran into him at TC and we both grinned and said simultaneously ' OMG ...your still alive' much to the amusement of my kids. Anyway, your vids are amazing. I never got the chance (or had the $$) to get up with Paul's crew but happy to relive it vicariously through your vids. Cheers. Rob

43. Heinz

Trev is still guiding at Wilderness heliski at Mt Cook and Himachal heliski out of Manali in India. Caught up with him there in 2005. Caught up with Nick Cradock this year in town. He went back to Manali after a long time away - he was a regular in the 90's. He was guiding this year with Trev, Roger Kingston & Andy (Frog) Taylor.

Still quite a few guys around from the 80's going well.

44. Rob4660

Rob4660 Hard Yards

Amazing. All these names that I haven't heard for years which were all prompted by your vid. Thanks Heinz. If your around Furano, Asahidake, Tomamu Jan 2015 I'll shout you a beer.

45. Heinz

Was at those places in Hokkaido this year, Europe next year though.

But I'll be back in Wanaka again next August.

46. Heinz

Central Harris 07 Aug 1986

The Central Harris range was the starting point for Harris Mountains Heliski and their main go to location in the 80's. They would often stage from Treble Cone and ski not too far from the ski area as we did this day.

Guiding this day was Paul Scaife himself, Ross again doing the filming and Ken flying again. Ross didn't put a music track on this time and I have left it that way. So the only music is what Ken had playing in the machine.

The era of use of Jetrangers for heliskiing was short lived. This year we were in the Squirrels and ski baskets on the left which made things easier. And that is the way it has remained apart from the occasional day in the Hughes 500D. Some years later they moved to the more powerful B2 version of the Squirrel.

The skiing that day was very good (I was doing a few woo hoos). It was just cut short with an approaching weather front. You hear a few comments from Ken & Paul suggesting that it was on it's way and it did get quite murky and windy towards the end which forced us to retreat to TC. You see Paul sprinkling a few Condy's crystals in the snow on the last pickup to give Ken a bit of a sighter in the flat light.

We did 4 runs for around 7,000 ft. The first one was on Extravert facing the Matuki valley just south of Treble Cone. On the first flight in you can see a hole where an avalanche bomb was released - but nothing slid. I can't remember if Paul threw that one from the heli before the start of the day or from the ridge above (though it was a fair way down). He was known to carry bombs in his pack in those early days and chuck one over the edge. Was with him a few times when he did that.

After that we did 3 runs on Gottliebs which is the bowl along the ridge from the TC Saddle. When Kens flys over the ridge (about 9:52 in) you can see the Mototapu chutes to the right. Back then of course there were no lifts in the Saddle area of TC. Note also at the start of the vid you can see the old double chair was in operation in the Main basin.

One of the other guys was Nigel. I have a vague recollection that he was a ski shop owner in Auckland.

We were still in the 2 heli loads for one group which was common back then. Was only a few years later that groups were all a single load per group.

#46 Heinz, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  47. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

Been Nigel Taylor from Ski Your Heart Out the shop he co owned with John Jarvis thr the ex NZ downhill champion if my memory serves me correctly
    Geez you're coming up with some good stuff Heinz , keep it coming

48. Heinz

Yes, that would be him. There was a run named 'Ski your heart out' presumably after the shop.

Sadly, just googled him and found that he was killed in a boating accident in 1990. :(
    http://www.tongariro.org.nz/webapps/i/89011/222909/432241

49. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

That is sad. Lucky we're still around to talk skiing
    Many gone too soon but what a great sport we have in skiing
    Do essential make lifelong friends

50. TropicalPow

TropicalPow One of Us

"Do essential make lifelong friends:"
    What the was I trying to say there !
    Sorry
    Even I don't know